Rejected My Staff Application #2

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by OinkerCertified, May 22, 2020.

1. OinkerCertified

Ratings:
    +51
    1) What is your Minecraft username?

Hello! My Minecraft username is OinkerCertified. I will not be changing it anytime soon.

2) What is your age and timezone (GMT format preferred)?

I am 13. My timezone is EST.

3) How long have you played on our servers?

I have played since 2018.

4) In what ways have you helped people on the server?

I've helped many people on the server. While playing on the server, I've been helping people by answering questions in chat and answering them in a friendly manner. I try and calm chat down by using words that are not forceful. I've done this by answering questions patiently so that people understand. I try to find more ways to help them understand. I've also tried to calm the chat down whenever people are swearing or using it in a harmful way. If they keep using the chat in a harmful way, I report them if it does not get fixed.

I always try my best to be neutral in arguments and I'm super active! I help people by telling them the commands, what the economy is, and more!

I explain commands such as; "How do I go to my town?", "How do I join a town?". This helps the server by eliminating chat flood by new and confused players. By teaching them the fundamentals at the start, they'll be more likely to stay interested and active in the server.

I spend most of my time on McAtlas, but I head over to plots sometimes to mess around with builds and build with friends.

5) In what ways would you improve the server?

Chat Moderation

I think the server needs to improve the chat a lot. They can do this by having more active helpers who are also neutral, so nobody wants to hate them. People who don't take sides can help end arguments in a neutral and positive way.

The server needs a lot more control in the chat because it can get pretty wild. When a helper rightfully warns a player, the chat just goes crazier and bashes on the helper. This can be helped by having more active, neutral staff members, who control the chat for bugs and bypasses as well as helping and making sure players recognize if they have done something wrong.

Cracking Down on Toxicity

Another idea is to hear and understand what people needed. There's a big problem with chat. The same people use the chat over and over. They're people who shout war and prevent others from using the chat. They aren't serious and are the ones who cause a lot of problems.

These individuals aren't serious in my opinion. People may see what these individuals do as annoying and rude. This is a problem since other players won't want to come up and tell them to be serious, as they're very rude.

Out of the hundreds of people online, not many are active in the chat, meaning lots of people don't know about the systems, such as how mcmmo works, or how towny works. The server needs to help people who don't know commands, etc. It's not just commands, but also how Minecraft works in general.

People don't enjoy talking in chat, and they don't want to talk in the chat. This doesn't mean they don't know the commands. They don't enjoy using the chat because of all these players shouting about war and being obnoxious.

We need the rest of the server to be active in the chat and enjoy the chat.

Guide Book

A guide book for new players could also help answer a lot of the important questions, like how mcmmo and the towny plugin functions.

I believe that the server can be better if there was a lot more control in chat, and it was more open for newer players. Adding a guide book for them would be wonderful, as well as a chat where people can ask for help!

Maybe some players don't want to read a long book. Maybe a voiceover saying "Welcome to Ruinscraft. Please read the rules over on this side. On this side, you can find information about towny and mcmmo. If you need help with commands, type /t, /n, or /mcmmo. You can also ask a helper for more information!"

On another server I used to play, there was a voiceover tutorial simply pointing to where you need to head in order to move on.

Copying and Pasting Land

An idea my friend, JohannesMir3v had was to be able to copy a small area from McAtlas and move it over to plots. Then, in plots, you could use it as a blueprint. It could only copy the terrain and nothing built on top by other players. However, only copying the terrain is just an idea. It could just copy an entire chunk. Maybe you could only be able to copy something if it was in your claims!

Applications Under Review

Whenever a player applies for staff, there is an "Under Review" marker indicating the application is under review. However, lots of people don't constantly check the forums to see if their application is under review. Personally, I didn't notice my first one being under review!

What if players would have a little gray "UR" or, "Under Review" marker next to their username, indicating their application is under review.

There could be a different color marker depending on if it was a mute appeal, etc.

Adding fun things like being able to dye parrots different colors would make players smile. It's a silly but funny idea!

6) Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?

I do not have any other experiences as a staff member. But, I want to help others and make the server a better place, because helping is something I love to do. By adding guide books, as well as a chat new players can ask for help in, the server would be a much more open, happy place. Because I don't have the experience, I can't point specific things from the past, but I think being open to help others and being a happy, friendly person are all important characteristics to know if you are a helper in the server.

Answering questions in a serious, but kind manner as well as being a friendly and happy person is something that makes a great helper. The players will know that they can go to you with a question without being afraid to do so, and come back with an answer.

7) Why should we choose you over anyone else?

I like and strive to be a happy, friendly person who is always open to answering questions! Be it something about the economy, or about mcmmo, I'm here to help with a smile on my face!

I try to respect everyone, and nobody specifically hates me.

Helpers need to respect players, and players need to respect helpers because having a good relationship between the players and staff is going to make sure new players are more comfortable when playing on Ruinscraft, and people can enjoy themselves a lot more. The server would improve greatly by becoming more serious with chat moderation and cracking down on toxicity.

If I try to do something like being more serious and taking care of troublemakers who need to learn, I can help make players more comfortable asking questions, as well as enjoy the server more! I try my best to calmly defuse situations by talking to both sides individually.

I'm always striving to be happy and friendly, and I'm one of the first to answer a question in chat! The other helpers are more relaxed and don't take things personally sometimes. That's not a bad thing, as having a good relationship between staff and players is great! Thing is, staff members need to act accordingly when they need to take care of troublemakers or warn them.

Others applying for staff will say something like, "I have experience, and I have worked with this a lot, I know this and that." I don't know any of this. However, I am open to learning new things. If I do something wrong, I am open to working on my mistakes and become a better person.

I respect everyone on the server. I make sure to stay neutral and keep it balanced. I have not received any hate from others, and I'm therefore neutral. I've always tried to shy away from a side when players argue in chat. I try to see both sides of the argument.

I have seen a lot of helpers are hated and I think a helper needs to be respected, but they also should respect the players. Helpers should be respected as a person, and not the title.

Enjoy your day, and I hope you enjoyed reading this!
    OinkerCertified
    (P.S)
    Thank you 1K2C3M for replying to my first application! It helped a lot, and I hope this one is improved and much better!

#1 OinkerCertified, May 22, 2020
    Last edited: May 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. ILagWithShaders

ILagWithShaders Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +228
    Hi Oinker,
    This is a nice application, but I have some feedback for you. Here it is:
    1. The formatting of this seems odd. I (personally) find it hard to read, because there are a lot of spots where the spacing of the question & answer is incorrect (to me). I saw that question 1 had 2 line skips, and answer, one line skip, then question 2. Try to make this consistent. You did the same for 2, but for 3 you did 2 skips, answer, then 2 skips. I would recommend condensing your application (by this, I mean make the answers on the line below the question then have a skip, [Ill format it at the end]). I would also recommend not having any skips in question 7, just make it one paragraph and move onto the next one if needed. This is my final piece on look, but make the questions bigger/bold. I had a hard time differing if a question was an answer because of how they blend right in.
    2. I like your ideas, but I have some feedback. It was said on either the Discord, in game, or forums that creativity is a big deal in applications. With this said, I think that your first 2 ideas of "Chat Moderation" and "Cracking down on Toxicity" are good, but they should be included in #7 (use #7 as your driving point. Why you are a good choice, how would you defuse situations, and what makes you different and a better choice than anyone else are some good questions to go off of when writing your answer). Anyways, those should be in #7, but onto the next 2 ideas. The guidebook would be helpful, considering McPlots has one and it has helped me out. The next one is iffy (on my end). As I said before, it was publicly stated that creativity from the applicant is a big factor. You said An idea my friend, JohannesMir3v had", implying that it was not created originally by the applicant (you). However, this would be helpful, BUT and this a BIG but, it could be exploited VERY easily. If this was possible, world edit would have to be installed on McAtlas. World edit gives the ability to change blocks to anything (including gold blocks). I dont know the administrative commands of world edit, like if you can disable //paste, //set, //replace, and so on. If they can, I love this idea. If they cannot, it would basically ruin Atlas' economy
    Here is the format for how I think your application should look:

Question
    Answer
    (skip this [hit enter])

Loop this for 7 questions, and it should look much better. Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  3. OinkerCertified

Ratings:
    +51
    Sorry, I was writing this and it wouldn't post. I lost the entire thing, so I had to go back into a notebook thing to rescue it. I was too lazy to fix it, lol. But thank you! I'll get right to it.

4. ILagWithShaders

Ratings:
    +228
    OOF

5. OinkerCertified

Ratings:
    +51
    LOL no worries- having friends check my application by sending it in discord saved me!
    I was able to copy and paste everything over.

6. parrot_bartender

Ratings:
    +120
    Pretty nice application! I like the dyed parrots idea. Good luck! :)

7. OinkerCertified

Ratings:
    +51
    Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hafixion

Hafixion Member

Ratings:
    +46
    Great grammar, great ideas, and overall great staff app. My only issue would be as shaders said some of the formatting seems a bit off, try to make it more homogeneous, makes it more comfortable to the eye. Aside from the staff app, I've seen you online almost daily. You've helped me and other players (especially new ones) feel comfortable in the server. You have been playing for well over the required amount. One thing I really liked in this staff app was the mix between professional and kind, it still maintains the professionalism you'd expect but also the enthusiasm and kindness you'd want in a helper. I've said this a lot to many other staff applications but this is one of the best in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. OinkerCertified

Ratings:
    +51
    Thank you so much! I'll work on the formatting!

10. rimflakes

rimflakes New Member

Ratings:
    +6
    can you bold the questions? that would make the formatting nicer imo

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. OinkerCertified

Ratings:
    +51
    Thank you for the idea!

12. Duck_on_Quack

Ratings:
    +292
    OinkerCertified,

Thank you for applying. We regret to inform you that we have decided to reject this application. You may apply again in two weeks.

13. OinkerCertified

Ratings:
    +51
  14. ILagWithShaders

Ratings:
    +228
    rip f

15. OinkerCertified

Ratings:
    +51
    Yay ofc I had to feel nauseous when this happened and anytime I try to contact a staff member it won’t work... best day ever :3
    Dang that big red reject thing really hurts lol

16. ILagWithShaders

Ratings:
    +228
    Idle is the same thing as offline, get a staff member who recently talked in either game chat or the Discord (maybe even forums if they are online on Discord)

17. OinkerCertified

Ratings:
    +51
    P
    true.. jeez I’ve tried forums and ingame next is disc.

18. Hafixion

Hafixion Member

Ratings:
    +46
  19. _69420_

_69420_ Member

Ratings:
    +78
    HAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAH REJECTED LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
    THATS HOW IT FEELS XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
    HEIL SUPERIOROB
    BLESS ONDER
    GOD SAVE THE QUEEN
    upload_2020-5-31_13-54-49.png

20. OinkerCertified

Ratings:
    +51
    There's a reason there's a #2. Lol.

• About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.