Rejected My Serious Application!

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by UnderTheSnapp, Jun 9, 2019.

1. UnderTheSnapp

UnderTheSnapp New Member

Ratings:
    +3
    1) What is your Minecraft username?
    2) What is your age and timezone (GMT format preferred)?
    3) How long have you played here on Ruinscraft?
    4) In what ways have you helped people on the server?
    5) In what ways would you improve the server?
    6) Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?
    7) Why should we choose you over anyone else?

1) UnderTheSnapp
    2) 13, Australia Eastern Standard Time. AEST.
    3) About 20 or so days but have played Minecraft for a while. Im not new to it and I do the know the things a staff SHOULD know.
    4)Honestly like I said, I haven't played on RuinsCraft for all that long. But I have helped people on other servers. I have answered multiple questions asked by different people. And warped to others and demonstrated whatever it is they are asking. The server I mostly "Help" on is InvadedLands.net.
    5) I would help the server by making sure I hop on the server everyday or at least every second day (unless doing something important) and make sure nobody is hacking being toxic ect. I would also want to help builders just a bit I'm not that great at building but I'm alright. I'd also just overall be a reliable staff member to look for if anyone is in need of assistance.
    6) No sadly I haven't actually ever applied for staff this is my first server that I'm trying to get staff on!
    7) Well I believe i'm mature but I can have a laugh, I'm quite decent at commands such as world edit ect. And I'll make sure all of our players get the best experience on RuinsCraft. Maybe I can even reply to staff applications!

Thank you so much for giving me this opportunity to apply to you're server!

2. Izer_

Izer_ Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +452
    This is almost identical to your last application, and it's your third in under a week. This is getting out of hand.
    Here are literally just the two things you added:
    -"I do the things a staff SHOULD know." What does this even mean?
    -"I'd also just overall be a reliable staff member to look for if anyone is in need of assistance." This could use more detail. Reliable in what way?

Here's the advice I gave you last time:
    I wouldn't change it one bit, you made an entirely new application and only added 2 sentences.

#2 Izer_, Jun 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. __north

Moderator Wiki Editor

Ratings:
    +920
    Please only have one active application at a time. Wait two weeks before reapplying. Thank you!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. UnderTheSnapp

UnderTheSnapp New Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Jeez alrighty then, i'll wait a month. =( Harsh.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Roux007

Roux007 Member

Ratings:
    +172
    Never seen an Australian here.

Your application title is setting you up for failure. Under question 3, I think you should play a bit more, and refrain from using caps to empasize a word.
    Ruinscraft is not double capitalized
    Question 4 is the worst. It asks what have you done for *this* server. Not other servers.

With that, this being my last crutique on applications
    I wont reply. so dont bother arguing.

#5 Roux007, Jun 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. CaptainOfTheSeas

CaptainOfTheSeas Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +671
    Just saying laddie, but if you think that's harsh wait until you become an actual mod on some places. People will be quiet...erm...rude to you.
    But yeah get more experience, know the people around here more, be chill with the staff- wait what?, and just be on more. You definitely need more than a few days of being on here

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. __north

Moderator Wiki Editor

Ratings:
    +920
    You only need to wait two weeks but it is okay if you want to wait longer to form a better application. Sorry if you find this harsh, but do keep in mind we are one of the few servers that keeps applications open year-round and has a relatively short waiting time before reapplying :-)

• Agree Agree x 4
  • About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.