Rejected My Second Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Delilah, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Delilah

Delilah New Member

Ratings:
    +9
    1) What is your Minecraft Username?
    My Minecraft username is Delilahs.

2) What is your age and timezone? (GMT preferred)
    I'm 13 years old and my timezone is UK GMT+1

3) How long have you played on Ruinscraft?
    I played on this server for 3 years now. It may say that I am a new member on these forums but it is because I have only just joined the forums as I had only found out that I needed to use them to apply for staff and apply for many other things.

4) What ways have you helped people on the server?
    I have helped people in many various ways. The littlest ways like, boosting people's confidence when they are down or doubting themselves or even just saying congratulations in chat when they have achieved something. I have also helped people when they ask how to do a simple command.

I have also helped people with building. I love helping people with their builds as it can inspire me to build and I can teach them how to build in the ways that I do.

I also like to make people just very happy on this server by trying to compliment them and like I said I try to help them in anyway possible. I try my best to see if I can break up fights. The fights on this server can get quite out of hand at times and I would like to try solve them all.

5) In what ways would you improve the server?
    There are a few things I would like to improve.

One of the main ones being chat - I'm not referring to how it looks. I want to keep track of what goes on in chat. I know that I would need to do other tasks like on the discord server but I would like to focus on chat mainly which is becoming one of the problems. I have seen many players spamming and it is becoming more frequent. Even when I first joined I saw a spammer. A lot of drama has happened too. I want to prevent this all happening. I want it to all be at the minimum. Another problem of chat is the bypassing of swearing. There are many young players on this server and I would not want them to think it is good to swear out of nowhere.

The other way I would improve the server is another thing to do with reporting. It is the inappropriate builds problem. I have seen a lot of inappropriate builds on the server. Like I said, there are many young people on this server and it would be bad for them to see that stuff.

I really would love to make this place a fun and safe server to play on.

6) Do you have any experience as staff on any other server?
    Sadly, I have not had any experience. I have observed other staff members on other servers though. So I have got at least a little bit of experience.

7) Why should we choose you over anyone else?
    There are many great applications on this server and I do feel quite bad for them as most of them have been rejected but I think I am going to be very good as a member of the team. One way that I should be chosen is my personality. I'm a calm, quite intelligent and caring girl. I want to keep everyone happy and satisfied with the server by stopping the problems and helping in more ways. Although I have no experience, if I can at least have a chance I could really show everyone what I can do.

Summary

I think I'm a good candidate for the team and hope to get the job. Thank you for taking time to read this.

Best wishes,
    Delilahs.

#1 Delilah, Jun 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  2. XigolIsGod

XigolIsGod Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +905
    I think one way you could make this more appealing is if perhaps you reduced the font size and removed the italics? That way, it doesn't look like you're trying to inflate the size of your application as well as making the application easier to read. Good luck!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Delilah

Delilah New Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Okay thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Izer_

Izer_ Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +505
    Looking much better than your previous application! It's very detailed overall and It's a major step up from your last one. However, as always, here's some feedback, too.

-As Xigol mentioned, you could improve the formatting. The italics and font size seem unnecessary.
    -Number 6 isn't really an important question in terms of detail, the whole point is just to get a sense of whether you have staff experience. I think it would be beneficial to your application to summarize what you've written there.
    -In contrary, I feel you could expand your answer to number 7. Some of the earlier bits of your answer are somewhat irrelevant, and I think you should write more about how you could keep players on the server happy and satisfied.
    -I feel like number 8 could be brought out of question format, as it doesn't really fit. The summary itself could stay.
    -I noticed a couple grammatical errors when I read this application that you should fix.
    -From my experience, you should probably wait longer between applications. This is obviously not undo-able, but it's something to keep in mind for the future.

Looks so much better than last time! Good luck!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Delilah

Delilah New Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Thanks. I'm going to quickly check over it all now.

• Like Like x 1
  6. __north

Moderator Wiki Editor

Ratings:
    +972
    Hey Delilahs!

This is another very solid application. It was clean and straightforward, which I really appreciate when reading. A few notes to improve on would be to decrease the font size and un-italicize to make it easier to read. Also, scan the application for sentences that could be worded better or have any grammar mistakes. I also believe you may need a bit more active server experience, as I've only seen you playing recently and I'm not sure if it is because you joined in 2016 and have been really inactive / on and off since then, or I just haven't seen you around. Either way, I do think that this will improve your chances of being considered for staff.

Thank you so much for applying and good luck in the future!

• Agree Agree x 1
  • About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.