Rejected My last staff application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Roux007, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Roux007

Roux007 Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +187
    since I've gotten pretty good response, I may just see if I could finally get staff, after 2 years of trying. I'd like to note that it is an honor to get reviewed by one of my favorite staff teams across all games. I can understand rejection. I'd just like to get this out.

If this gets accepted, I'll make a full commitment of coming back, and being an active part of the staff team.

1) What is your Minecraft username?
    Midnight_Drive

2) What is your age and timezone (GMT format preferred)?
    I am 16 years old. Central American Time.

3) How long have you played here on Ruins craft
    I've played for a bit over 2 years.

4) In what ways have you helped people on the server?
    I've held thousands of role playing events, helped with heads, and have made many, many comments on the forums, all to help out the RC community. I've also taken time to make sure each piece of advice I give to people is correct, because I believe that helping in a correct manner is worth it.

5) In what ways would you improve the server?
    Currently I don't see too many staff online,and in the past I've had to wait a while for a staff member to resolve a problem (reasonable) but I credit that to me not logging in recently.

6) Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?
    I've recently been a build consultant for hypixel, and before that I was a helper for a bit, not long though. I used to be co-owner of PlayMC before it went out of business, and I used to be a Senior engineer/admin in DeepDive, which has also since been discontinued. On a semi unrelated note, I currently am a Senior intern (unpaid) at roblox. I do normal staff activities such as file through reports, and resolve disputes.

7) Why should we choose you over anyone else?
    I've had a large amount of experience on this server, and have observed it for quite some time. I believe I have the tools necessary to take on the responsibilities of admin. I'm more serious when I am on as staff then when I'm just a member.
    Also, I've been through a lot with RC, Which means I've seen almost every problem that could occur, and thus, I can delegate or deal with problems better because of past experiences.

Thank you so much for considering me, and I would like your honest feedback, and even if I get rejected, I will honor that failure, and learn from it.

2. PVP_Builder

Ratings:
    +142
    Besides the fact that there are a few grammar mistakes this looks like a relatively solid application. Since you have a lot of experience being a staff member on other servers and have been on this server for a while I'm sure that you would make an excellent addition to the staff team (If you decide to stay on this server). Good luck!

#2 PVP_Builder, Jun 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Izer_

Izer_ Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +510
    There are few smaller problems I can see with the application, but here are the big two:

-You've only been active on the server again since June 10th it seems, a four-month gap. In that time, it seems you were not up to much. Recent and veteran experience are important.​

And the big doozy:
    -You've plainly admitted that you're leaving the server, even made an (unnecessary) post about it. You even seem to acknowledge that you'll only stay active if you become a member of the staff team. That seems selfish to me, saying that this community and server doesn't mean anything to you unless you have a role of "purpose".
    The truth is that you don't need to become a staff member to help players on this server. I've found that players come to respect you based off of how you attempt to help them, and we've seen this numerous times before. I still remember rooting for ExChrome, who is now X-Staff (haha, puns), when he first became a Helper. We had seen him before and came to respect him purely because of his kindness and helpfulness, which is why we were so excited to become a staff member. This just proves that you don't need some rank to define you as a "helper", you can be one without it, you just don't get that capital "H".​

I often try to give advice for the application itself as well, because it can help to have an outsider's perspective. Let me know if you're interested to hear.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. SupWoke

SupWoke Member

Ratings:
    +13
    I recommend coming back to the server before making an application, as you stated, "If this gets accepted, I'll make a full commitment of coming back, and being an active part of the staff team." Just play for like a month or two before applying.

This is unnecessary and it adds nothing to the staff application.

Capitalize the first word in the sentence, and turn "I've gotten pretty good response" into I've gotten a pretty good response.

Add a GMT format to make it easier for staff.

Add more detail to these two questions, ( such as how you would help with problems and how you would deal with them ) they should be about a paragraph each.

Another thing that I found out while scrolling through old staff applications was that in Mar 6 2018 you said that you were 14, and now your 16? It might just be a typo but I still wanted to point it out.

Other than that there are just some more grammatical issues, but I recommend to squeeze in somewhere how you have helped people before without having a staff position.

Good luck!

#4 SupWoke, Jun 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. __north

Retired Staff Wiki Editor

Ratings:
    +988
    Hello Roux,

I think the above replies do a very good job of summarizing why you may not be suitable for a staff position at this point in time. Primarily, we are concerned about your activity, as you are prone to taking hiatuses and have recently been considering leaving the server. We would like to be certain that you are devoted, committed, and at no risk of quitting or resigning. We do prefer staff who have been consistently active in their years here and will likely continue along that path. You also do tend to say things you revoke later (such as announcing quitting the server, saying this is your last application, etc.) so I would recommend cutting down on this type of behavior.

This all being said, you are someone who has played on Ruinscraft for a long time, is active in the community, and connects well with people. You do have qualities that make you capable of having a staff rank, however, this is overshadowed by your inconsistent activity. I wish you the best of luck in the future if you do decide to give it a go again.

Thank you for applying!

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Roux007

Roux007 Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +187
    Thank you so much. I've been going through episodes of loss with some personal things, it tends to make me leave things I like or forget things. Il be more active and see if I can keep it up. Not that it's an excuse, just wanted to let you know. Btw I also like ur photo did u get It commissioned?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Roux007

Roux007 Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +187
    My birthday falls on May 11 so the time is a little odd. But thanks for the feedback. A little critical, I know my grammatical mistakes becaus my auto correct on my mobile device messes up.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Izer_

Izer_ Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +510
    This seems to imply that you don’t often have a desktop available to you, which could potentially be the reasoning for your lack of activity. If it is, I’d recommend waiting until you know you can be active and available when you want to apply to become a staff member in the future. In addition, I’d recommend editing your more important posts like these if you know you’re going to be having technical trouble with typing. Good luck in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Xelomo

Xelomo Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +766
    can i be a staf

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. __north

Retired Staff Wiki Editor

Ratings:
    +988
    Thanks for explaining; I hope things get better.

My profile picture was fanart done by @Milk : )

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. Roux007

Roux007 Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +187
    I see you have a lot of knowledge. And yes, it's been personal things and my lack of a laptop etc. Izer id like to say, coming from someone who strives to be neutral, you are pretty good at what you do.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  • About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.