Rejected My Application For Helper

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by IgnSkepperlol, Jul 11, 2020.

1. IgnSkepperlol

IgnSkepperlol New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Admins/Mods I'm Darkknighteman Is In My In Game Name.

The Reason I Want Helper Is Because I Want To Help Others Not Just Myself.

Im A British Citizen Age 16 Im On At Mostly Day.
    I Have Only Been Warned Twice And No Bans No Mutes Or Alts Being Banned.

I Play Almost Every Day Not Including Weekends. That Reason Is That I Don't Have A Pc To Play Minecraft On.

I Have Never Gotten Banned On Any Minecraft Server.

I Not Have Worked With Other Servers But, I have Worked With Other Minecraft Server Owners To
    Improve They're Server. I've Worked With Pocket Edition Owners Because I Got Java 3 - 4 Months
    Ago.

So If You Don't Accept This Application That's Fine
    I Dont Want To Force You To Do So. Bye

Darkknighteman.

2. TheTrueMunchkin

Ratings:
    +64
    Right, so

These are both official threads which give information on how a player should apply
    https://ruinscraft.com/threads/guide-applying-for-staff.22681/ - General Information
    https://ruinscraft.com/threads/guide-required-how-to-submit-your-staff-application.3/ - Formatting Information

Make sure you follow these otherwise you have no chance of getting accepted

I also recommend that you look at a few accepted applications beforehand:
    https://ruinscraft.com/threads/kisaaas-helper-application.23324/
    https://ruinscraft.com/threads/ilagwithshaders-staff-app-3.23490/

These are the kinds of applications that the staff team is looking for, give them a look over and I'd strongly suggest that you alter your own application

Follow the official format, don't capitalise every word in your answers, overall just polish this up and make sure you fix it so it follows the formatting

Finally just don't write this ever, it gives the impression that you expect to be rejected and so what will staff be thinking when they read this?

Edit: I'd also say, make sure you have spent at least a bit of time on the forums, it's not a requirement but the forum is one of the mediums through which staff talk to the community and get info. It's a part of the server culture. Your staff application really shouldn't be the first thing you post here.

From the brief research I have done, you only just played on atlas for the first time yesterday, and your warns were last month, so I don't know exactly how much playtime you have but I'm not certain your playtime is over the 6 month requirement for applying.

You say you got Java Edition 3-4 Months ago, that in itself means that your entire time playing PC Minecraft does not meet the requirements to become staff.

I also checked the RC discord and it looks like you aren't even on that. The discord is probably just as important, if not more important than the forums. If you are in the discord then I can't find you at all, and I have never seen you send a message.

If you are not active on the server, discord, and forums, I can say that you have no chance at getting accepted, you should really try to spend more time before you apply.

Discord Link: https://discord.gg/4AyFJqd

#2 TheTrueMunchkin, Jul 11, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Ieclen

Ieclen Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +334
    I would give as much advice as I could, but unfortunately all the advice that I could give, Munchkin already did, aha. The only thing I would add is to go to this sticky thread as well.

Good luck in the future, but just make sure that you aren't lying about anything in the application ^^

4. ILagWithShaders

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +1,696
    helo
    I have advice and uh Im just responding to Munchkin mainly because I feel there are some things that could be added onto his post.
    Nothing is wrong here, but I would also look at the efusion4's thread. Even though it is not as important, you can find it here.
    Reading through other accepted applications is a very good habit to have. It isn't mandatory, but it is very helpful to read through other accepted ones to get a better understanding of what yours should look like.
    Also wow the second application listed is amazing wow so amazing truly the best application (thanks for using it, it means a lot to me)
    You have lots of grammar issues in this, and it makes it hard to read. I'm not even mentioning how you capitalized every letter at the beginning of a new word, so try to improve the grammar in your application.
    It isn't that you can't write it, but it is that you shouldn't write it.Moving on, being active on the forums and discord is very helpful. I have never seen you in game, on discord, or on the forums (until now). Granted, I did make my first application without being active on the forums, but I was active in game and on the discord, so it balances out. Try to be more active everywhere, I have never heard of you.
    Also yes your playtime is too short, it has to be at least 6 months.

Once again, since somebody already responded with helpful advice I didn't feel like blasting it with more (this is mainly because I am lazy, but I'm not going to try to restate what someone already said).
    Also, a note to Munchkin (if you read this), I would say being active is something you can work on a little as well. It isn't that you aren't active, but like compared to other applicants, I see you a lot less often than them. This isn't meant to be like "You aren't active, you don't deserve staff", but what I'm trying to imply is that you should maybe engage in a bit more conversation on the discord.
    Good luck to both of you.
    update nether
    munchkin respond if you read this pls ok bye
    update nether

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. TheTrueMunchkin

Ratings:
    +64
    responded

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. ILagWithShaders

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +1,696
    epic

• About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.