Rejected MrNacho414's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by MrNacho414, Jul 15, 2020.

1. MrNacho414

MrNacho414 New Member

Ratings:
    +7
    1] What is your Minecraft username?
    My username is MrNacho414, and I don't ever plan on changing it.

2] What is your age and timezone (GMT format preferred)?
    I am currently 15, and my timezone is CST, or GMT-6

3] How long have you played on our servers?
    I have been playing on Ruinscraft for about 5 years now, first joining in mid to late 2015.

4] In what ways have you helped people on the server?
    Since I have been playing on the server, I have found ways to assist people (mainly on plots). I take the opportunity to help people whenever they don't know a command, or how to use it. I have also assisted in explaining how ranks are bought, how the store works in general, how the forums work and how to apply for staff and such.

I often try to step into conflicts and arguments to try to see both sides and to put and end to it. I have dealt with putting a stop to bullying of a few members, and positively reinforced them so they can still have an enjoyable experience. I have also recently helped people mentally and emotionally, by handing out Shulker boxes full of positive messages along with a couple of my friends on the server. I try to be a friendly presence on this server, for example, if people in chat mention that they are bored,

I welcome them to come to my plot to build or just talk.
    I have also helped the staff with things such as reporting problematic players when no staff happens to be online, notifying staff that is online that a problem is occurring, and generally trying to get to know them.

5] In what ways would you improve the server?
    First and foremost, I would be an active staff member on the server. I have been VERY active on Ruinscraft lately, and I have been having a lot of fun, so I plan on being active as much as I can.
    I would also try to be active in chat, so that players won't have to spam to get my attention, which can be very annoying to other players and staff members (which I've seen is a frequent problem). Being an active and likable staff is important to me, and the staff members I have come to be friends with all have this quality.

I also have some suggestions for the server:

-New minigames - KOTL has been lots of fun so far, but I think it could be cool if every month or so there was a new mini game added to the server to keep players interested. It definitely has added a new layer to the server, because it provides a fun option for players to go to whenever they are bored. A new game every so often would add some excitement to the server, and it could spark some conversations in the chat.

-//hill command - Similar to the /tree command and the //sphere and //hsphere commands, I think a //hill command would make terraforming and building terrains a lot faster. My idea for the command would work like this: you would input the diameter and height of the hill, and it would place a realistic hill in the place the player is standing. I don't know if it is possible to change or add worldedit commands, but I thought I might as well put this here.

-/enchant command - Another command that I think would add a lot to the server (mainly PvP on plots) is an /enchant command. It would make enchanting items so much faster and easier, and I think it could work like this: You would hold the item you want to enchant and type /enchant (enchantment) (level of enchantment). This could make PvP more fun and interesting, as it adds the possibility of some ridiculous enchants.

6] Do you have any experience as staff on any other server?
    Yes I do! Although it wasn't a very big server, I used to be a mod for a server called FunnehCraft that usually had around 30-50 people. I was mod along with 2 other players. The server lasted from 2017 to 2019, when it was disbanded. The members that were active on the server seemed to generally like me and respect me as staff, and
    I am also currently an admin for a relatively small Discord server called Enslaved Comedy.

7] Why should we choose you over anyone else?
    I have been on this server for 5 years, I have learned how the server works and I have met many people here that I consider friends. Lots of players that I have known or heard of from years ago have become staff, and I have come to appreciate and become friends with the staff team. I have seen what it means to be a staff member, how to act, and how to do your job correctly and to have fun too. I have had lots of experience with talking to people here, talking about issues and resolving conflicts, and just talking about stuff. I feel like I am generally liked and well known in this server, and I have been told that I would make a good staff member. This is without a doubt my favorite server on Minecraft, and I would really enjoy helping it out even more.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I'm looking forward to hearing feedback. -MrNacho414

#1 MrNacho414, Jul 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  2. MrNacho414

MrNacho414 New Member

Ratings:
    +7
    P.S. My account is new because I had some problems with my previous email, so I had to create a new one.

3. Collardian

Collardian Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +351
    [​IMG]
    why u got so many warns?

• Like Like x 1
  4. MrNacho414

MrNacho414 New Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Those were from years back when I was much younger and generally kind of annoying on the server, and I didn't really understand or care for the rules. They piled up a lot, but I haven't gotten a warn in a long time.

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. ILagWithShaders

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +1,696
    This is the first time Ive ever heard of you, I would recommend waiting some time before applying for staff
    Good application though

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. MrNacho414

MrNacho414 New Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Thanks
    And yeah I've had a lot of name changes

• Like Like x 1
  7. ILagWithShaders

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +1,696
    upload_2020-7-15_16-24-35.png
    I joined in December, and this is my first time seeing you
    Id play before trying to apply, its been at least a few months

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ieclen

Ieclen Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +326
    Good luck! If you want me to, I'll take some time to write out as much feedback as I can! I really believe in you, but I think you need to talk with someone experienced as well to refine your application. One last time, good luck! (ps, I've seen him around a lot, good rep on plots, but I'd recommend playing atlas more)

-iecl

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. northikoto

Ratings:
    +1,104
    I can confirm he has been on the server since at least 2016. He’s probably more of a plots player though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. ILagWithShaders

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +1,696
    r r r r r r r ok Im dumb
    play on atlas more if you want to become staff not just plots
    Im dumb ok
    plots is rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    bye
    Im stupid
    update nether

11. MrNacho414

MrNacho414 New Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I played on Atlas a bit today, I'll probably play it more

12. Emperyia

Emperyia Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +278
    i havent seen you since 5/14/2020............how did you become staff////??

13. ILagWithShaders

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +1,696
    good question
    it was like smth like good application or smth
    but now it's epic poggers moment is epic wow this is so epic
    I get to bully pvp now, he seems to like it when I do
    update nether

14. Emperyia

Emperyia Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +278
    yuo had such a good application den why r u not staff???

15. Emperyia

Emperyia Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +278
  16. ILagWithShaders

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +1,696
    because I am stupid

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Emperyia

Emperyia Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +278
    lol

18. northikoto

Ratings:
    +1,104
    MrNacho414,

Thank you for applying. Unfortunately, we have decided to reject this application. Feel free to reapply in two weeks!

• About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.