Moderation

Discussion in 'Ideas and Feedback' started by _coolbird, Jun 17, 2020.

1. _coolbird

_coolbird Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +285
    Hey, im just here to talk about the moderation on Ruinscraft and what the staff team can improve. The moderation has flaws that id like to touch on.

1: Miscommunication between staff members

A lot of miscommunication happens between staff members. Some person gets banned and then 10 minutes later theyre unbanned because a staff member misunderstood the rules, or some staff member says to a person that they are allowed to do something but then other staff tells them its not okay. Also a lot of the time people get warned for doing something by a staff member and other times people just get a verbal warning from other staff. All staff should have the same guidelines instead of people getting unwrongfully punished due to miscommunication

2. Failure to moderate rules

A big example for failing to moderate a rule is "Mob grief" (stealing/killing animals that are not theirs). Its in the official MCAtlas rulebook yet 99% of the time every report on mob grief never gets resolved. Either enforce the rule or just dont have it in the first place.

Another example is " Dont build unrealistic structures like underwater towns or floating islands". There are a lot of towns that are floating/underwater and i dont see anything happening to them. There are also a lot of artifical islands built by players but they rarely get removed.

And finally, "Dont alter natural terrain too much like destroying mountains". I see this so often. People destroy mountains but nothing happens to them, and i even saw in Drewsalem that half a mountain was dug out but nothing happened.

3. Harsher punishments

There are people with over 20 warns that are somehow still on the server. Punishments should be way harsher. People who are there only to annoy and cause trouble are way more free and can ruin the experience of others longer than they should. This is what causes the toxicity we see in chat all the time. People know they can do whatever they want with barely any punishment to them:

Make it so that 10 warns lead to a perm mute or something like that.

Bans be split up in two

major (griefing, lavacasting, pvp without warn, hacking/exploits) would be 30 day ban

small (claim block etc.) would be 14 day ban

2 of any of these bans should result in a perm ban

4. More transparity

People recently got mad because out of nowhere warn appeals were just removed for whatever reason without any announcment. I believe that it was actually a new thing added, just a lot of people got mad about it because there was no warning. All new changes should be announced to avoid any confusion.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk

#1 _coolbird, Jun 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. _69420_

_69420_ Member

Ratings:
    +207
    dude i have 52 warns, u trying to get me perm banned on mcplots? :(

• Creative Creative x 1
  3. _coolbird

Ratings:
    +285
    Maybe >:)))

• Like Like x 1
  4. OGChriss

OGChriss Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +118
    i dont agree with the warns thing but this is okay.

• Like Like x 1
  5. OGChriss

OGChriss Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +118
    also the perm ban idea should be 3.

• Like Like x 1
  6. _coolbird

Ratings:
    +285
    it is

• Like Like x 1
  7. Collardian

Collardian Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +330
    I don't understand why this is a rule. Say someone makes a massive underwater/floating base, spends a lot of time on it, and it is deleted for no reason other than this regulation. In that case the server would be griefing its own players when the players did nothing but create and have fun, unknowingly breaking a rule. Not only is this rule not enforced, but it should not exist overall.

• Like Like x 1
  8. hallucinationman

Ratings:
    +47
    They should have read the rules when joining.

#8 hallucinationman, Jun 19, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  9. _coolbird

Ratings:
    +285
    whats the point of following the rules if the staff wont do anything if you break it?

• Like Like x 1
  10. _69420_

_69420_ Member

Ratings:
    +207
    the staff sux

11. iu3ovb3fv4uh9ffn

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +1,054
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOAHHHHHHHHHWOIWOAH OWHA WOHAAAHAHAHOWAHOOW WOAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. StupidDrew9

Administrator Developer Wiki Editor

Ratings:
    +1,087
    We do enforce this rule now as of January, and sometimes we don't see these builds right away. We give them time to pack up their stuff and move. Certain builds that were made before January that would break this rule are not being removed as they were built before enforcement of the rule.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. SpacePoseidon

SpacePoseidon Member

Ratings:
    +81
    upload_2020-6-20_15-10-54.png

• Like Like x 1
  14. JamessV

JamessV Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +80
    bro I dont like the 20 warnings rule tbh I mean like I think it has to be looked at circumstantially because like I've got 19 warns but it's been spread out over like 4 1/2 years of me talking in chat which means I really only get about 4 warns a year, which is a lot less compared to someone like uhhh shoot cant remember if it was DiamondDigger39 or DiggityD somethin but they had a digg in their name and they scammed a bunch of people and swore and stuff and they accumulated like over 50 warns in the span of 2 months so I mean number of warns should be important no doubt but at the same time I think their frequency needs to be considered

15. _69420_

_69420_ Member

Ratings:
    +207
    scamming is perfectly legal :)

16. parrot_bartender

parrot_bartender Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +738
    It b annoying tho

• Like Like x 1
  17. _69420_

_69420_ Member

Ratings:
    +207
    No, people just need to be mindful of who they are trading with. :)

18. parrot_bartender

parrot_bartender Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +738
    Lol I got scammed of 500g once because I was an idiot

• Like Like x 1
  19. _69420_

_69420_ Member

Ratings:
    +207
    Haha, yes.

• Like Like x 1
  20. JamessV

JamessV Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +80
    right right but he would also say like the N word and stuff like that which we'll just say isn't perfectly legal... he was a very toxic person all around, I was just saying his main identifier was that he was a well known scammer

• About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.