Rejected MeggerPeg's Staff app.

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by MeggerPeg, May 24, 2020.

1. MeggerPeg

MeggerPeg New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hey all! This is my first go at something like this and will 100% be happy to take any feedback or criticism.

1) What is your Minecraft username?
    MeggerPeg
    2) What is your age and timezone (GMT format preferred)?
    16 (almost 17) CST (GMT -6)
    3) How long have you played on our servers?
    I think I started around March of this year (2020) if I remember correctly.
    4) In what ways have you helped people on the server?
    I'm not necessarily a familiar face on the server, since I tend to stay out of world chat drama and disputes (I often frequent MCAtlas more than anything.) On the bright side, I have never been in any sort of disruptive or aggressive squabble. I have helped in basic ways, such as answering questions or giving pointers on how to get started, and I almost always try to come off in as passive of a tone as I can. I also am able to keep my cool when I am confronted aggressively. I have always made sure to be fair when trading/'buying' items within MCAtlas.
    5) In what ways would you improve the server?
    Disclaimer- I have not really looked this far into any other applications, so any/all similar suggestions are all coincidental and are 100% not intended to be 'copying' in any way shape or form.
    Towns should be able to have something that allows for other towns they are allied with to interact with the environment. Ex. Town A allows Town B (and only Town B) to open doors/trapdoors, to other towns it would still pop up with 'outsiders/allies are not allowed to switch.' The basic idea is to make it so certain towns with stronger alliances are able to do more within a town. (This is just a base for the idea.)
    Another thing I would like to see is something like an award system when it comes to voting-a longer voting streak can end with various prizes (like shulker boxes, etc.) or the more frequently you vote, the higher chance you have of receiving something extra. (Like maybe if you have a streak of 3 weeks, you get 1.25x the amount of gold you would usually get on the 3 week mark, and it would maybe become a weekly or monthly thing depending on how long you keep your voting streak up.) I say this because I know many people vote everyday, but have not received much from it, so I think this or something similar could balance out the fairness of it.

6) Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?
    Unfortunately, I do not.

7) Why should we choose you over anyone else?
    I am a very reasonable person. I know many people can just say that, but I truly think I have a level of empathy that is appropriate for a job like this one. People are allowed to speak freely to a certain extent, but if people are saying things that can potentially hurt another player, they shall be warned/banned/etc. I can tell the difference between a joke and a 'joke.' I can efficiently deal with an issue in a fair and non-biased way. I make it my goal in every community to leave a positive imprint of myself and try to make it as best of an experience for myself and I would love to get to do this for other players, too.

Thanks to anyone and everyone who reads and leaves feedback. : )

• Like Like x 1
  2. mijo6000

mijo6000 New Member

Ratings:
    +38
  3. lol

lol New Member

Ratings:
    +14
    u should have be playing for atleast like 6 months to become staff

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. xMoon_ii

xMoon_ii New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi there! Sorry your application got rejected. Anyway, have a nice day/night! :)

• Late Late x 2
  5. ILagWithShaders

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +1,259
    It's been a month tho

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. xMoon_ii

xMoon_ii New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I know, I still like to go around and just say sorry to them that it got rejected and hope they could become staff in their next application.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Izer_

Izer_ Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +730
    Generally this is not a good idea. Bumping old threads, especially ones this old, is rather arbitrary and bothersome to many. Try making a rating or two at most.

• Like Like x 2
  • About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.