MCATLAS 1.16 Update

• We have a new dark theme! To try it out, go to your Account Preferences and set Style to Ruinscraft Midnight.

StupidDrew9

Admin
Reaction score

MCATLAS 1.16 Update​

It's finally here! 1.16 has come to MCATLAS.

This update comes with ALL of the new features from 1.14 to 1.16, along with a variety of additional features we have added. Here the updates we've made, categorized by world:

The Overworld

Some changes have been added to standard MCATLAS gameplay:

Items and Mobs

• Bamboo, berries, and other new items can be found in the natural world. You may have to do some searching!
  • Pandas are not found in the Overworld
  • Foxes can be found in their natural habitat
  • Bees can be created naturally
  • Mob spawn rates have been increased

PVP

• You are now asked to confirm teleportation before visiting a Town with PVP on.
  • Toggling PVP on and off now has a cooldown of 20 seconds before PVP is changed
  • Rules have been edited for this change

Bug Fixes

• Bonemealing towns without permissions has been fixed
  • You can now place boats on land
  • Fixed some issues with economy

Other

• Render distance has been increased
  • /near no longer shows players using an invisibility potion
  • Voting rewards have been updated; some items have been removed and added

The Nether

The Nether, the focus of the 1.16 update, has received a few gameplay changes by us. Along with all of the 1.16 features, here are some of our changes:

The nether world has been reset!​

We've changed up the lower levels of the Nether

You can now mine various blocks underground in the Nether that would otherwise require you to make ugly holes in the world. Different biomes in the Nether feature various sets of blocks. These blocks replace the Netherrack that would otherwise be under the surface, so ancient debris and other blocks are still buried in there!

Nether WastesAll types of concrete
Basalt DeltasAll types of terracotta
Soul Sand ValleySand and red sand
Warped ValleySandstone and red sandstone
Crimson ForestGravel and clay
PaintDotNet_2021-05-12_22-01-26.png
javaw_2021-05-12_22-15-36.png

Loot chests have been altered

Some other rare loot has been added to loot chests in the Nether. Loot is also now multiplied the farther out you are in the Nether. Go see what you can find!
(Note: You have to break chests in order to pick up the loot. This is so you cannot use the chests for storage in the Nether)

javaw_2021-05-12_22-03-49.png

Some block spawns have been altered

Nether gold ore is mostly removed from the Nether, instead being replaced with nether quartz ore. Ancient Debris is also more difficult to find (sorry!).

javaw_2021-05-12_23-41-25.png

Bee careful...

javaw_2021-05-12_22-04-30.png

Enjoy the update, and let us know if you run into any bugs or issues! You can report bugs on the forums or in our Discord.

Last edited by a moderator:

Izer_

Sponsor Bundle
Reaction score
YESSSS YES YES. You guys have been really looking at what the community has asked for lately and I know you put in a lot of effort for what is mostly a hobby to you. I am very grateful and am so glad you guys are still putting your all into this community.

• Agree
Reactions: HydraYTplayz
Reaction score
I appreciate this update a lot. I wish mob farms didn’t cause the lag, because 1.16 itself runs damn good on a server from 2019. Props to the staff

superiorob

Sponsor Bundle
Reaction score
workin on the weekend like usual
way off in the deep end like usual
xxxxxx swear they passed us they doin too much
havent done my taxes im too turnt up

• Agree
Reactions: Roux007