MCATLAS 1.16 UpdateIt's finally here! 1.16 has come to MCATLAS.
This update comes with ALL of the new features from 1.14 to 1.16, along with a variety of additional features we have added. Here the updates we've made, categorized by world:
The OverworldSome changes have been added to standard MCATLAS gameplay:
Items and Mobs
- Bamboo, berries, and other new items can be found in the natural world. You may have to do some searching!
- Pandas are not found in the Overworld
- Foxes can be found in their natural habitat
- Bees can be created naturally
- Mob spawn rates have been increased
- You are now asked to confirm teleportation before visiting a Town with PVP on.
- Toggling PVP on and off now has a cooldown of 20 seconds before PVP is changed
- Rules have been edited for this change
- Bonemealing towns without permissions has been fixed
- You can now place boats on land
- Fixed some issues with economy
- Render distance has been increased
- /near no longer shows players using an invisibility potion
- Voting rewards have been updated; some items have been removed and added
The NetherThe Nether, the focus of the 1.16 update, has received a few gameplay changes by us. Along with all of the 1.16 features, here are some of our changes:
The nether world has been reset!
We've changed up the lower levels of the NetherYou can now mine various blocks underground in the Nether that would otherwise require you to make ugly holes in the world. Different biomes in the Nether feature various sets of blocks. These blocks replace the Netherrack that would otherwise be under the surface, so ancient debris and other blocks are still buried in there!
|Nether Wastes||All types of concrete|
|Basalt Deltas||All types of terracotta|
|Soul Sand Valley||Sand and red sand|
|Warped Valley||Sandstone and red sandstone|
|Crimson Forest||Gravel and clay|
Loot chests have been alteredSome other rare loot has been added to loot chests in the Nether. Loot is also now multiplied the farther out you are in the Nether. Go see what you can find!
(Note: You have to break chests in order to pick up the loot. This is so you cannot use the chests for storage in the Nether)
Some block spawns have been alteredNether gold ore is mostly removed from the Nether, instead being replaced with nether quartz ore. Ancient Debris is also more difficult to find (sorry!).
Enjoy the update, and let us know if you run into any bugs or issues! You can report bugs on the forums or in our Discord.
Last edited by a moderator: