Under Review Malyesa's Staff Application!

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Alytra_Unbounded, Sep 17, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Alytra_Unbounded

Alytra_Unbounded New Member

Ratings:
    +23
    1) What is your Minecraft username?

My Minecraft username is Malyesa. Previous names : Alytra_Unbounded, BlackWolfGirl11

2) What is your age and timezone (GMT format preferred)?

Eastern Daylight Time (EDT), and I am 14 years old.

3) How long have you played here on Ruinscraft?

I've been playing Ruinscraft for about a year.

4) In what ways have you helped people on the server?

I mainly started playing when MC Atlas came out, and I helped new members of the server join my town and get started. I helped them build a house and understand the server rules. I also talked with a player who was sending inappropriate messages to everybody in the chat and we talked our their issues together. Thankfully, they stopped, which was great because I know there are players even younger than me online constantly and I don't want them to be exposed to such nefarious content. I try to help players as often as I can and regularly ask around. Whenever somebody dies, I ask if they are ok and need help, death is never enjoyable.
    I help new members join towns, and don't mind when they pick somebody else's. I give them food and do my best. I also moderate chat unofficially. Obviously I don't act like I'm a moderator or helper, but I keep it calm, collected, and kind, since there are virtually never staff on around 1-5 EDT. There are also a few players - not naming names!- who I have helped keep in check from griefing, scamming, killing others for no reason, etc. through kindness, compassion, and understanding.

5) In what ways would you improve the server?

I think that I would, first off, do some polling to see what the other players want, or to find glitches in-game that haven't been fixed yet. That's the most effective way of finding what really needs to be changed, because one opinion isn't enough to gauge that. But, outside of that, I would start by improving the chat filter so it removes insulting/inappropriate phrases and words more effectively. I would also monitor chat effectively to help improve that. I think that, when it comes to games still relatively new like MC Atlas, some features could definitely be added. This includes a better economy system for MC Atlas, mainly. What would be interesting would be an inflation/deflation system based on real life's current rates. It could change based on country, to fully get that immersive experience. I think that stores should easier to deal with, because you can only buy from people when they're online.
    A mechanic to buy from a store's stock even while the owner is offline would be great. As a player, I must admit I spend little time in my shops around the map, and not much gets sold. That would really bring players back to the server, as many have begun to leave or are already gone. Plots also seems to be quite dead in my opinion. I think that even though WorldEdit is a fabulous tool, it can be challenging to use when the player doesn't know how. It would be nice to have an optional tutorial, like a video on the website. Sorry if this is already a thing. The creative biome-based world is completely full, so new plots need to be added - I couldn't even get one myself!
    Finally, I think it would be important to add generators to MCAtlas. These could be a block that works with hoppers, leading limited resources like minerals or hostile mob drops into chests. Not many people are able to get good mob drops, and the trek to good locations is long - several thousand blocks! Things like spider eyes, bones, and magma cream would (very slowly) fall into chests below the generator. These could be crafted with rare or expensive materials, like iron or diamond blocks around the desired mob drop.

6) Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?

I must admit that I do not have any, but I do try my best to help out. I also admin for a couple Discord servers as well.

7) Why should we choose you over anyone else?

There are a couple reasons that would make me a good staff member. When it comes to technicalities, I speak English and French fluently, and I am learning Spanish, so I can understand it quite well. I can be online for up to two hours a day, but that might vary based on my real life. I am responsible and am actually an assistant lifeguard in the summer, and have 3 years of practice dealing with various ages of people, both older and younger than me. I stick by the rules, and take any job I am given very seriously. But I do my best to be kind and make as educated decisions as possible. I'm used to dealing with trolls and mean people on servers, and I will moderate effectively and as well as I possibly can. I know I'm relatively new, and young, but I think I'll do well.
    I'm also good at de escalating arguments, if they unfortunately got out of hand. I really helps to agree to disagree on some minor points, and to keep your cool and act kind and calm no matter what. I try to be as compassionate as possible.
    This is a great community, after only one day I got comments and feedback. Of all the servers I have played on, which is quite a few, I find that even though some people are friendly, the communities are either cold towards new members or non-existent, even on large servers. This is the first server where I've gotten feedback. On other servers, admins or anybody with perks don't pay attention to players besides reprimanding them. I want to help keep this server the opposite of that. Staff aren't superior to players, we're all people, and as a player I can relate to others. I want to keep this community as happy and supportive as it is already and make new players feel as welcome as possible. I already do that as a player, but I know from experience that when somebody seen as important (though everybody is) says hi to you or is kind, it really boosts self-esteem.
    I've also noticed that on MC Atlas, which is my favorite thing to do on Ruinscraft, staff notably don't tend to be on often. I'd like to fill that gap. I play at reasonable hours in ETD, and as I previously mentioned, I noticed a couple people slipping through the cracks. They said things that were definitely deserving of a warning, and as far as I could tell no helpers were present. So, I want to help change that.

Thank you for any consideration you give me!

#1 Alytra_Unbounded, Sep 17, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Alytra_Unbounded

Ratings:
    +23
    I made a forum account in order to post this, but don't worry, I didn't actually join today!

3. PVP_Builder

PVP_Builder Member

Ratings:
    +102
    I would suggest showing the questions asked (I'd recommend formatting the questions in bold) as well as putting some space between the questions and answers. It also might help to get experience with plots if you haven't already. Good luck!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ultra12

Ultra12 New Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Hi nice app, though it was a bit hard to distinguish between questions I’d recommend adding some more space and perhaps holding them as PVP said. Best of luck!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Alytra_Unbounded

Ratings:
    +23
    Thank you for the feedback!

6. Alytra_Unbounded

Ratings:
    +23
    Thanks! I appreciate the support, given we're both new especially :).

7. Alytra_Unbounded

Ratings:
    +23
    I've been looking at other applications and, to anybody trying to help me, I will try to be online more from now on no matter what happens. I plan to start spending time equally on MC Atlas and Ruinscraft as of tomorrow. Thanks to everybody who's helped or who will look at this in the future. I will do my best to be more consistent, so the time records show that I try my best. :D

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. windows_virus

Helper

Ratings:
    +508
    Please condense your forum messages.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. ExceededFern

ExceededFern Member

Ratings:
    +84
    I never seen you online really and I think you should experiment with other gamemodes instead of only talking about mcatlas in your application.

10. Alytra_Unbounded

Ratings:
    +23
    This is a good point, my application does mainly talk about MCAtlas. I do also do plots and have dabbled in Skyblock(though it was never my type of thing). We might not be on at the same times, I've been on very consistently especially the past few days, around when you posted that message, and am very active in the chat. Nevertheless, thank you for the feedback!

11. Zoppy_

Zoppy_ New Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Likes: What I liked about your application is its tidiness. The writing is easy to read, and the bolded characters help seperate the questions from the answers.

Improvements: It can always be useful to provide proof of past experience. Maybe provide a picture to prove that you are an assistant lifeguard during the summer.

Sorry if this too generic, I'm just tired right now. I hope this is helpful in any way whatsoever, that would bring me a smile. :)
    I'm rooting for you!

12. Alytra_Unbounded

Ratings:
    +23
    I appreciate the feedback, Zoppy_. It's an interesting idea to provide a picture, and it's a very good one, however, I don't want my real life self to be publicly posted on the forums as an image. I have had issues with people taking unwanted pictures of me and posting them on social medias that I don't even have, as to date the only authorized images of me are on my YouTube channel ( which has been inactive for so long I've lost all my subs). So, I'd rather not, but I have papers to prove it. Again, they have my irl name on them...

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Zoppy_

Zoppy_ New Member

Ratings:
    +15
    I probably should have been more clear. I meant a picture of a certificate or any other source of written proof.

14. PVP_Builder

PVP_Builder Member

Ratings:
    +102
    I don't mean to bump the thread but congrats on getting under review! You'd be a great staff member :)!

15. Alytra_Unbounded

Ratings:
    +23
    Thank you! This is so cool!!

• Like Like x 1
  16. SypxnYT

SypxnYT New Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Hey, I advise cutting up the 'In what ways would you improve the server?' part its really long and just confusing and it could be better for the reader. Apart from that your application is great and I hope to be seeing you around as helper :)

17. robmilkshake

robmilkshake New Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Agreed. I liked that you put in a lot of detail, but its maybe a bit too much. Probably need to remove some unnecessary info, just to ease up a little. Best of luck in the future!

• About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.