Lying on your staff app

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by sk8_monster12, Jan 9, 2017.

1. sk8_monster12

Ratings:
    +0
    "Hi, I would like to apply for staff. I accidently put I was 23 instead of 12. I'm mature for my age though."

No, you didn't accidently put 23 instead of 12. No, you are not mature for your age.

Why is this still a problem for you people? I'm Asian and even I can see through your lies. (See what I did there?) Why are you applying for staff when you can't put your age into a box? If you said "I was too young to make an account so I put x instead of x." then that's that. At least you tell the truth.

Flat out lying about your age isn't going to help you become a staff member. If you did "accidently" put your age as 23 instead of 12 what makes you think you should be a staff member? By saying you "accidently" put 1994 instead of 2005 you are telling the server and the staff that you are incompetent of simple tasks or you are a liar. It's one or the other.

If you need your birth date changed then I am sure an admin would be happy to help change it for you.

Just a helpful tip.

And before this gets moved to off topic or is deleted...
    I did not insult anyone.
    I did not say anything rude.
    I brought up a legitimate issue.
    What I said is true.
    This is a helpful tip for people applying.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Xelomo

Xelomo Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +733
    Pro tip: IF YOU CAN'T JOIN TO THE FORUMS BECAUSE YOU ARE UNDER 13 THEN JUST DON'T JOIN.

3. efusion4

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +1,518
    You are allowed to join if you're less than 13 years of age, however, we don't allow players to enter an age that's less than 13 because our ToS states that we cannot collect information from children under 13 years of age.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Zodspeed

Zodspeed Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +243
    Well said. I hope this gets enough attention so this issue can be mended a bit in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  5. JordynThePotato

JordynThePotato New Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Lol when I made my account I said I was 13 but I'm turning 13 in a month.. Such a savage :cool:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. kageroo

kageroo New Member

Ratings:
    +25
    [​IMG]

Which one?

7. sk8_monster12

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm 25% Asian.

8. Concurrence

Retired Staff Wiki Editor

Ratings:
    +267
    I do believe that the anchoring bias is in effect when you apply and lie about your age. If you act professional and educated, age doesn't play a role in an application.

9. sk8_monster12

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree, age doesn't play a role all the time. If the person is actually mature, at least enough to not "mess up" when putting their age in a box, then I don't see much of an issue. There are 12 year olds more mature than 15 year olds. However, this was directed more so at the people straight up lying.

• About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.