Rejected Lords446 Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Lords446, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Lords446

Lords446 New Member

Ratings:
    +6
    1) What is your Minecraft username?
    Lords446

2) What is your age and timezone (GMT format preferred)?
    A-29

3) How long have you played here on Ruinscraft?
    at least over a year

4) In what ways have you helped people on the server?
    praising people and helping them (Extra: Talking with staff)

5) In what ways would you improve the server?
    I want to improve the server by inspecting people's plot sometimes and scan for any inappropriate content on the person's plot. This is to prevent other people for creating inappropriate content. Who else would want content like that in their plot? I wouldn't want that, either. I will report it and they will get banned. (unless if i have op)

6) Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?
    YEs owner of 3 servers and staff on a few more

7) Why should we choose you over anyone else?i dont grief ,I will lisen to staff,and i will help in any way i possibly can. if i do something wrong. I WILL BE SURE TO CORRECT IT! i dont spam

2. Lords446

Lords446 New Member

Ratings:
    +6
    ive been on server a lot longer then i have been online

3. Izer_

Izer_ Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +452
    I love the enthusiasm in this application, though here are some things I think could be improved upon:

Overall:
    -There seems to be many grammatical issues in this application, which I recommend fixing.
    -I would also recommend you do not type full words or sentences in capital letters anywhere.
    -You didn't right very much detail for many of the questions, most importantly questions 4, 5, and 7. You don't need to write a ton of detail, but it is important to write a clear and specific document.

Question 2:
    -You time zone seems to be missing from your application, but this is quite important as it can help detail when you will be online and when people can communicate with you. You can easily find out your time zone by searching "[Your City] + Time Zone", then searching how it compares to Greenwich Mean Time.
    -I talked about age on another application I saw, and I want to quote my comment: "From my experience with you, you seem to be under the age of 17. Please don't take this as any sort of accusation, I just wanted to bring it up to note that it is more in your favour to be honest about being young than it is to lie about being old, and if this is the case, I would recommend editing your application." I think this applies here.

Question 4:
    -I don't quite follow how "praising" players helps them.
    -The question is, "In what ways have you helped people on the server?" You answer it by saying, "... helping them..." This isn't very specific, and I would definitely suggest adding detail and an explanation to what exactly you mean.
    -I also don't quite follow how talking with staff members specifically help somebody. This is of course not to say you weren't helping anybody by doing this, but I would once again suggest you add more detail to explain how or why this helps people.

Question 6:
    -"YEs owner of 3 servers and staff on a few more[.]" Please state exactly what servers you helped on. This information is necessary to help confirm you are indeed the owner and staff on multiple servers.

Question 7:
    -"i dont grief ,I will lisen to staff,and i will help in any way i possibly can. if i do something wrong. I WILL BE SURE TO CORRECT IT! i dont spam." The traits you describe here are expected of any player who joins the server. What defines you? What about you makes you just a step up from the competition? The answers to these are the sorts of things that can really bring any application a notch up.

Note: If you take any of this advice into consideration, be sure to edit your current application instead of making an entirely new post.

I'm excited to see what you could do if you changed your application a bit. I think it could be really convincing! Good luck!

#3 Izer_, Jun 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  4. TotalRandomness

TotalRandomness New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I don't want to assume things or anything, but you don't seem to be 29 years old.
    And also, in Question 5, there's a huge grammatical difference, and I think someone else wrote that answer.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Izer_

Izer_ Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +452
    Referring to number 5, thank you for pointing that out. You're totally right - it looks like somebody else wrote it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. __north

Moderator Wiki Editor

Ratings:
    +920
    That is because it is plagiarized from robmilkshake's application.

Thank you for applying, although next time, be sure to write everything yourself.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Izer_

Izer_ Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +452
    :eek:

8. Delilah

Delilah New Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Yeah I think there needs to be quite a few grammatical changes and I think there just be at least some more detail in question 7, 6 and 4.

• Agree Agree x 1
  • About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]com
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.