Rejected kidney_disease Helper Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by ca_l, May 12, 2020.

1. ca_l

ca_l New Member

Ratings:
    +8
    1 - What is your Minecraft username?

kidney_disease (edit: I've actually recently just changed my name to ca_l, just wanted to put this here so that you guys don't think I'm inactive)

2 - What is your age and timezone?

I'm 14, and my timezone is GMT -5.

3 - How long have you played on our server?

I've played for a bit under a year, so I would say I know the ins and outs of the server, but I can still offer a fresh set of eyes to the staff team.

4 - In what ways have you helped people on the server?

I think that I've just been an all-around friendly person on the server. I've had some kind of out-there names, ranging from AHHHHHHHHHHHAAHH to my current name, kidney_disease, so it's safe to assume my name's brought some attention to my user. I've done free work for people whenever I get bored, and I've helped the occasional new player with some simple questions. I haven't done anything like saving a puppy from oncoming traffic, but I think I've been a helpful presence.

5 - In what ways would you improve the server?

I think that as someone who's seen, in my opinion, a lot of the server I would try to work on the little things that would make the quality of playing on the server a little more enjoyable for new players. Nearly everyday I see new people on the server asking questions, often questions deemed "simple" by the veteran players. I think people who've done something for a while often forget what it's like to be new at something. Most of the answers to these questions mock the user asking them. I'm mainly an Atlas player, and the towny plugin can be confusing for a lot of people. The plugin is mainly command reliant, and even as someone who would describe themselves as familiar I'm still learning about the server. I would try and urge players to be more welcoming, and a give a bit of a softer embrace to our new players. I love Ruinscraft and the people on it, but they can be a bit harsh sometimes. I think that making the server more welcoming to new players is really vital. Most of the people I've seen join the server leave after a week or so. Ruinscraft's charm to me has always been the players, and the friends I've made. It's weirdly fun to run around a near-empty plot chatting with someone as you slowly work on a build. Or to mine for ages while you crack jokes with someone. I think that supporting new people can help give this joy to others, and will really keep the spirit of the server living.

6 - Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?

I mean, apart from my best friend making me OP during our lan parties when we couldn't afford our own server, I don't have much staff experience when it comes to Minecraft. Stupiddrew9 told me to just say "No", but I thought I could spice it up a bit with a joke.

7 - Why should we choose you over anyone else?

This question is somewhat difficult for me. I'm not the type of person to constantly bring up my achievements, but I feel that if I don't talk about myself you won't get the full "kidney_disease" experience. Throughout my journey on the internet I've faced some questionable things. As a 14 year old bisexual kid from Canada, people have got a lot to joke about. I think I've seen it all, from people just calling me a f****t, to people being a little more subtle with their homophobia. As someone with experience in internet "bullying", I think I can bring my own experiences in to empathize with possible victims of unpleasant situations. As someone with the know-how on the methods of internet jerks, I can apply this knowledge to be a fair, and friendly staff member. I think I'm a nice person, and I hope some of my friends can attest to the fact that I'm not all that intense. I don't have any beef with anyone on the server, and I've never even been muted. I truly believe that I can be a good staff member, and I hope you consider my application seriously. I really love the server, and I can work on giving new players the joy I've experienced.

#1 ca_l, May 12, 2020
    Last edited: May 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  2. samime

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +363
    yess this is so good I hope u get accepted

• Like Like x 1
  3. kitowo

kitowo Member

Ratings:
    +47
    softer embrace

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. parrot_bartender

parrot_bartender Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +918
    Wow, this is a really nice application! Good luck! :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. onagkint

onagkint Member

Ratings:
    +67
    Really good application, Best of luck!:P

• Like Like x 1
  6. Helsin

Helsin Member

Ratings:
    +110
    oh my god i love ur applikashon!!! please bump my humos

7. Boo_Mac

Boo_Mac Member

Ratings:
    +118
    Omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg I’m gonna have a stroke HELP

8. ca_l

ca_l New Member

Ratings:
    +8
    *calls amboolnce*

9. Boo_Mac

Boo_Mac Member

Ratings:
    +118
    THANK I NED AMBOOLNCE URGNTLY

10. ca_l

ca_l New Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Ur gonna live boo.

11. Boo_Mac

Boo_Mac Member

Ratings:
    +118
    No I am dying

12. Victim

Victim Member

Ratings:
    +80
    14 year old bisexual from canada..... i thought you were an australian

Was Lorraine all a lie ?!?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. mijo6000

mijo6000 Member

Ratings:
    +163
    accept this chad or I sad upload_2020-5-21_19-47-52.png upload_2020-5-21_19-47-52.jpeg

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. Victim

Victim Member

Ratings:
    +80
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. ca_l

ca_l New Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I've led many lives. Nobody knows who I really am.

16. Hafixion

Hafixion Member

Ratings:
    +312
    This is the most modest staff appeal I've ever seen. No exaggeration, no deceit, no vague statements, all modest truth. Perfect grammar too, which already makes it one of the best applications. It looks like you have the experience to help players and understand them. I've seen you around on the server quite a bit. I hope you get accepted!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. _69420_

_69420_ Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    [​IMG]
    kill mijo

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. mijo6000

mijo6000 Member

Ratings:
    +163
  19. OinkerCertified

OinkerCertified Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +242
    Great application!
    There is one thing that you should work on!
    You need more detail in your answers!
    Questions four and five are your openers, where you provide why you’re a good choice, and back it up!
    Question five is VERY important! You can show off your creativity here. Make sure you explain how all of your ideas can help people!
    Question seven is where you wrap it all up! This is where you reiterate what you said in four and five, as well as add new ones for how you’re a good choice, and better than the competitors!
    Overall, great application! Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  20. ILagWithShaders

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +2,017
    I would personally disagree and say question 7 is more or less why you are a better choice. I kind of agree with your point about question 5, but I see this as a place for creativity. Either way, helpful advice!

• About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.