Accepted kamiheartlemon's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by kamiheartlemon, Aug 6, 2020.

1. kamiheartlemon

Helper

Ratings:
    +36
    1) What is your Minecraft username?

My IGN is kamiheartlemon and I have not changed it in the past.

2) What is your age and timezone (GMT format preferred)?

My age is 16, almost 17, and im in GMT +01:00 (United Kingdom)

3) How long have you played on our servers?

I have played mcatlas for about 10 months and I have been playing most of that time with small breaks in December and January. Mainly on MCAtlas but I have played a while on MCPlots too.

4) In what ways have you helped people on the server?

One way I have helped is simply getting people used to the game, if they join my town I usually welcome them to the server and teach them what they need to know as well as provide them with items they can use to get started with.

Another way I have helped people is reminding people of commands, if someone asks something in the chat, I am more than happy to answer it correctly, in addition to this I have seen many players in need saying they cant find gold at where they are mining, in this situation I usually point them in the right direction by telling them gold deposits are similar to real life locations, its something simple but it sure can save them a bunch of time.

Another thing is teaching them about the Mcmmo plugin which is something a lot of players are not aware of how it works and often wonder why they get items such as glowstone from dirt, by educating them in how to grind things it encourages them to have another goal on the server and find it more enjoyable.

5) In what ways would you improve the server?

The first way I would improve the server is push for a starter book which contains all the information a player needs without having them go to the wiki page which some players simply dont enjoy reading, the reason a book would be more efficient is because its fast and would instantly introduce the player to the server and how they can play it, I have mentioned this idea in the past, and im sure its not too hard to make it a reality as it would save time of experienced players telling them how to play, it would also be great if the book was in a few popular languages as the server is not all fluent in English.

This next idea is for both MCPlots and MCAtlas, it would be the ability to flip Iron Trapdoors without needing redstone to do so, I know a few people might think its a pointless thing to add however as someone who builds a lot on both Plots and MCAtlas its a great feature that would open up many options for building, especially if they build in a more modern architecture. And once again it is a small feature but it can be used in many different ways and lets a players creativity explore his building abilities a lot more.

Another thing I would love to see added to MCAtlas is the ability for everyone to use /inspect, the reason for this is because if I see a minor grief for example in my town, I do not like to waste the Admins/Mods time over something so little, It would be great if I just knew who did it fast and efficiently, now this could be used to report people similar to how Plots has it or to check a few things around town, I have seen this around on a few servers and it works just fine, as long as the inspect tool is not something like a bedrock, im sure this idea would decrease the amount of things staff have to deal with on a daily basis. If this is impossible or too risky to do for every player atleast give this ability to Helpers just so more people can find out grief information quicker and potentially foward evidence to moderators or admins via Discord.

6) Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?

I do have a fair amount of experience on a few smaller servers with small daily playercounts, its nothing huge however throughout that time I educated myself on the skills a staff member needs, it often requires patience and it is something I can deal with, I also know that from this that im a fast learner and can adjust my skill of commands in different situations.

7) Why should we choose you over anyone else?

The first reason I think I should be staff is because of my playtime on the server, I know the community very well over my 10 months of playing and have had a good contribution with hosting a few game events for people to enjoy, they usually go well and it consolidates that I am a person who has good organisation skills when it comes to dealing with events.
    Another thing is my ability to teach, In my town of Warszawa I have recruited hundreds of people to the town since my time starting, each player who joins gets introduced to how they can play the server in good depth, commands, tips that saves a lot of time and many other things. In my time recruiting I have had tons of experience with many players from various ages and languages, I know how to deal with younger players who often struggle with commands and often need more support than the average player, I do this job quite well in my town and I am sure I can transfer this to the role of a Helper.

In addition to the question I am also in Europe, and its also the area which lacks in staff, for example when the bot attacks happened it took a long time for staff to respond as it was still very early for North American staff. Furthermore I am also fluent in 2 languages, Polish and English as well as decent Spanish, I am good with communicating with people and im sure that regardless of language I could find a way around it to help the person in need.
    In my time playing I have also got to learn that there is a lot of toxicity at times and often players unhappy with one another which causes arguments and drama in chat, as a helper I would detect these kind of situations and attempt to solve what is between them even it involves a large amount of my time and effort to do so, many players get into arguments at times and with good moderation I think I could decrease the frequency of it happening.
    As a final say, im an extremely dedicated player, my playtime and activity would surely benefit the community as when needed Im always willing to improve and learn new things to progress my ability in helping players of MCAtlas and MCPlots.

Let me know what you think of my application and me as a player, im always up for improving :)

#1 kamiheartlemon, Aug 6, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Ieclen

Ieclen Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +612
    THIS IS A SURPRISE!!! I can't review this right now, but I will soon AAAA

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Benjiii1

Benjiii1 New Member

Ratings:
    +26
    dam kami staff? this gonna be wierd

• Like Like x 2
  4. hallucinationman

hallucinationman Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +289
    kaminooblemon stop mining and fish

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  5. kamiheartlemon

Helper

Ratings:
    +36
    Hmmm mining is more entertaining than fishing, ive tried fishing more but it just takes too long to get anything out of it lol.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. hallucinationman

Ratings:
    +289
    Mining doesn’t give leveling up xp ding tho

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. kamiheartlemon

Helper

Ratings:
    +36
    Mining gives the cool ding when u take gold out the furnace :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Ieclen

Ieclen Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +612
    Alright, first things first.. I'm going to say WOW. This is extremely well made, definitely up on my respect list now, Kami.

Not the worst thing in the world but, there are a few grammatical and spelling errors.
    Pretty self explanatory here, I'd say use Grammarly or the likes.
    Consider turning #5 into a list type format.
    You have well made ideas, and I'd recommend to turn them into a list to read and flow easier, (since I am of younger age I am a bit impatient when it comes to reading flat chunks like this, so I tend to skim.) but yeah. This is just a personal preference, but it usually brings you to the point more.
    Maybe flesh out your #5 by adding how you would improve the server in a less literal interpretation.
    I mean, yeah! Perhaps cracking down on toxicity, or the likes could help you here.
    Think about trying to use this section of your application as forming character traits.
    Building your positive character traits by taking your experiences as a player, could help you make this more impactful, don't ya' say?
    If you have any real life leadership roles, list here!
    This could also help if you add the last suggestion, maybe in a responsibility section.

My final words.
    This is a really big surprise to me. I never at all knew you were planning this. But that adds to the fun. You are a great candidate, I'll say that much. You've always been one of those players that was both someone worthy of my admiration and one that I always wanted to be at the same level as. The amount you have accomplished with barely saying anything about it, it's pretty respectable. Overall, I say you have a pretty big chance of acceptance. Good luck.

-iecl out :D

(edit) Didn't realize you made an application in January lmao, but yeah. Still leagues ahead of how it was back then, and leagues ahead of any of my attempts aa

• Useful Useful x 2
  9. kamiheartlemon

Helper

Ratings:
    +36
    Thank you for the kind words and quality feedback, I really appreciate it and that gives me some things to improve on for sure.

10. ILagWithShaders

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +1,993
    polish ohio

feeling discouraged might give advice in like a week or smth idk

11. hallucinationman

Ratings:
    +289
    but you dont see the green msg about leveling up :(

12. rimflakes

rimflakes Member

Ratings:
    +67
    cumchugg approves

• Like Like x 1
  13. Crowblers

Crowblers Member

Ratings:
    +38
    yes

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Tombonie

Tombonie Member

Ratings:
    +133
    I think this is a fine answer to the question, but it is very similar to every staff application ever. While that is not necessarily bad, if you can come up with a creative response to this question it would really set your staff app apart from all the others.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. kamiheartlemon

Helper

Ratings:
    +36
    Thank you for the feedback.

16. ILagWithShaders

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +1,993
    ok Ive decided to be be bruh and point out everything that is not the best and how to fix it
    This might be a reoccurring theme, and it is mainly what made me want to write this. The grammar here is fine for the most part, but turn "im" into "I'm" or "I am". Contractions are important.
    I get what you're saying here, but it is kind of messy. You could instead change this to "I ave played McAtlas for ~10 months, and I have taken short breaks in December and January. I mainly play on McAtlas, but I have played on McPlots as well.
    Switch the comma out for a period, and maybe reword the last part as well. This is not nearly as big of an issue, but it would help separate statements better.
    This is a run-on sentence. I get what you're trying to say, but the grammar here is making me rage. Replace most of the commas with periods so that you end up with "I also teach new players about the MCMMO plugin, which is something a lot of players don't understand. I educate them in how to grind the skills, and it encourages them to have another goal on the server. Not only does it give more variety to the player's experience, it also overall makes the gameplay more enjoyable."
    Also C O N T R A C T I O N S
    Run-on sentence, it hurts me. I would also advise not starting with "Another" again. You could combine both of these sentences into 1 paragraph, but having them separate won't hurt that much. I would recommend changing this to "I also teach new players about the Mcmmo plugin, which is something a lot of players are not aware of it's functionality. I educate them in how to grind the skills, and it encourages them to have another goal on the server, and overall find the game-play more enjoyable." OR you could combine them to make "Another way I have helped people is reminding people of commands. If someone asks something in the chat, I am more than happy to answer it correctly. In addition to this, I have seen many players in need saying they can't find gold where they are mining. In this situation, I usually point them in the right direction by telling them gold deposits are similar to real life locations. It might be something simple, but it sure can save them a bunch of time. I also teach new players about the MCMMO plugin, which is something a lot of players don't understand. I educate them in how to grind the skills, and it encourages them to have another goal on the server. Not only does it give more variety to the player's experience, it also overall makes the gameplay more enjoyable.".
    Not going to edit these sentences, because I would basically just be rewriting your staff app. I'll give it to you straight...
    1. MORE RUN-ON SENTENCES AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
    2. Unoriginal ideas. 2/3 of the suggestions have been said somewhere either in-game or in #ideas on the Discord. The last idea is not really the best option, members don't have access to specific commands for reasons.
    Run-on.
    I'll do it short again:
    1. Capitalization errors
    2. RUN-ON SENTENCES AGAIN AAAAAAAAAH
    3. Contractions
    Application: It is a decent application, but it has a lot of grammar errors (there is an example in the quoted sentence with "im").
    Player: Overall, a nice player to be around.

fix grammar it hurts my brain
    k bye

• Useful Useful x 2
  17. rimflakes

rimflakes Member

Ratings:
    +67
    you sound like my english teacher grading my essays

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. ILagWithShaders

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +1,993
    I didn't like English class until some good teachers came in, so I found out a lot more.
    Basically, I am grammar police
    your grammar is mine

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. rimflakes

rimflakes Member

Ratings:
    +67
    grammar nazi*

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. ILagWithShaders

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +1,993
    nonono I am not committing genocide
    thats the plan
    police

• Funny Funny x 1
  • About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.