Rejected kamiheartlemon's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by kamiheartlemon, Jan 5, 2020.

1. kamiheartlemon

kamiheartlemon New Member

Ratings:
    +7
    1) What is your Minecraft username?
    Username: kamiheartlemon

2) What is your age and timezone (GMT format preferred)?

Age is 17
    My timezone is GMT +00:00

3) How long have you played here on Ruinscraft?

On the Ruinscraft server I have played for 3 months, mainly on MCAtlas which has been something that I have been really enjoying the most.

4) In what ways have you helped people on the server?

The first way I have helped people on the server is by my williness to help them in the first place if someone for example is struggling with a towny command, im more than happy to assist them in the situation. However not only just commands but ingame mechanics too which I am very familiar with due to my years of experience on minecraft itself.
    One thing I see is that when someone asks a question in the chat, a lot of people will ignore it as it may take too much time to explain. I on the other hand will stop what im currently doing e.g. mining or building to help this individual player regardless of if they have a town or not, this ranges from giving them recources or giving advice on things such as villager breeding, it may sound strange but a lot of people struggle with those kinda things.
    When I have successfully helped a person I feel enjoyment and happiness that with my actions I made a player's time much easier.

5) In what ways would you improve the server?

The thing which I would like to improve on the server is more clear and more easily accessible help, I think every player upon joining a server such as MCAtlas should recieve a book which tells them exactly what they need to do so as previously mentioned they do not have to go through the suffering of asking every 2mins questions which many people would simply ignore.
    This is evidently needed because I have had many situations where the player im helping does not know about the fundamental idea of the server and the /map which should be one of the first things a player learns about.

Secondly the thing I would like to improve is the quantity of updates that we recieve which include more features for the playerbase to enjoy. It is very clear the MCAtlas community atleast would love the idea of "war" This shouldn't be the only thing us players should be waiting to see, adding more features would push the activity even higher as player would not get bored of the same things everyday, obviously keeping the basics of towny must still be in place but small updates adding things like the End or maybe collectable Spawners would give the players a fantastic range of things to do every week.

Finally question up I would love to find out some qualitative data from the players to give the developers an easier job of where to head next.

6) Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?

Not any huge experience. however I have had atleast some experience in being a staff(Moderator) member when me and my friends created a faction server, this was not really anything big however it has taught be the key role a staff member plays with growing the server, and the plugins too, I found it quite easy and convinient to use a wide range of commands to help out on the server.
    I could also implement the small amount of experience I have on MCAtlas. But as we should expect, no matter how much experience we have there is always room for improvement.

7) Why should we choose you over anyone else?

The reason I believe that you should choose me is my availability, I am only a student without any sort big job, this means I can be online for atleast 5hours a day and even more on a weekend, this is very important because what players love is when a spammer, toxic person gets instantly and quickly dealt with by a staff member so their playtime is not ruined by another player on Ruinscraft.
    I also would like to mention that over the past month MCAtlas has gained a huge increase in players, it went from about 14players online at one time to over 60 every day, its something that the server should be very proud of!

However with the arrival of so many new players there are a few bad apples that can ruin the game for others like flooding the chat with spamming and toxic behaviour that even is sometimes racist or offensive
    Although I have only been on the server for 3months I easily manage to stay away from any trouble on the server, this is evident by my clean record on /pinfo, however a clean record is not everything , its also my personality, I find helping people quite fun for myself, making people happy is something that I think is great, I would easily prioritise another player over my time if im not doing anything extremely important. With helper on Ruinscraft I would push myself to be even better and more effective every day. If someome messages me for help it shouldn't be a choice for me to help or not, it will be a requirement.

As a big conclusion for my Staff Application I would like to say that with good moderation we can make this a very good server without toxic behavior, infact Nelson Mandela once said "It always seems impossible until it's done" and this is exactly what we need to overcome, solve behavior that can ruin the experience for other players.

Thank your for reading,
    kamiheartlemon

2. PVP_Builder

Ratings:
    +131
    We have decided to reject this application mainly due to your response to #5, questionable behavior, and lack of playtime/experience on plots (6 months is what we usually set as the minimum amount of playtime). On #5 we really feel like you could have gone a different route. Suggesting things such as war and the end are done often and are a bit generic. Thank you for taking the time to apply! You may reapply in 2 weeks.

#2 PVP_Builder, Jan 5, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. kamiheartlemon

kamiheartlemon New Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Sure thank you for your feedback.

• Like Like x 2
  4. moust4che2

moust4che2 New Member

Ratings:
    +5
    lol poland street poop

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Victim

Victim New Member

Ratings:
    +5
    You mentioned "people in Poland doing poo poo on the street there" well from this exact statement I can tell you are very uneducated and simply stupid, in Poland we have a 100% rate in good Sanitation and clean drinking water, even to an extent where we have free toilets and clean water on any highway stop like you see in every 1st world country. If you have the time to ping me I recommend doing some actual research, infact if you had the slightest bit of knowledge you would know that Every EU country has a high standard of living and if such poverty occured in an European Union nation it would be quickly dealt with, however in Poland we have always had basic life needs even in the hardest times.

• Funny Funny x 1
  • About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.