Accepted k0rnel's application #2

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by k0rnel, Mar 6, 2020.

1. k0rnel

Helper

Ratings:
    +69
    .1) What is your Minecraft username?

My Minecraft name is k0rnel and I'm not willing to change it any time soon.

2) What is your age and timezone (GMT format preferred)?

I am 15 (turning 16 soon) years old and I live in the CET (Central European time) 1+ GMT

3) How long have you played here on Ruinscraft?

Overall I played Ruinscraft for 5 years (since 2015) with a few weekly breaks.

4) In what ways have you helped people on the server?

First, I want to point out that I'm a very helpful player who tries my best to help with difficult player issues like commands. Without a doubt I can tell you that I try to help the new players who don't understand the towny command nor the server. There, I explain to them how the currency, trading, joining towns and also creating town(s) work. Also, I tend to help every player as much as I can. Some people ask me if I can build them a house and I'm always glad to help. Other people ask in the chat for assistance where I'm always glad to reply. Mostly I see the question "how do I join a town" and I'm always the first one to reply to it.

Apart from the basics I also really try to calm a negative negotiation. I see such things mostly on plots where people get attacked, harassed because of their likings or proclivity. An explanation is mostly the best way to solve the problem. The main part of solving the problem is to identify it and work out a way to solve it, even if it is useful to have a long conversation first.
    . In case it doesn't work I may contact staff about it so that they can handle it.

You can also see me a lot on forums where I recommend what people should improve in their applications. In addition, I try to stop their stress with positive and optimistic replies and from my experience I really find that a lot of people should leave good comments just because the applicants can feel very stressed and pessimistic. leaving critique too is a good point of helping the applicant. It’s a good way of saying to them what they should improve.

Additionally I try to report as much as I can. This kind of behaviour destroys the server and I especially watch out for rule-breakers as a staff. This just destroys the good atmosphere and it's a pity that there are a lot of such people which tend to destroy the fun of others, for that reason I’ll be glad to stabilise it.

5) In what ways would you improve the server?

I stated a lot about the "improvements" on my previous application. I recommend reading them just because I really find them interesting and good to improve the server

https://ruinscraft.com/threads/k0rnels-staff-application.22995/

But let's get back to the application.

1. A daily gift would be good in mcatlas. When you log on mcatlas daily you will be granted with a gift. You'll get a gift everyday only once. These gifts can be materials, raw materials and a lot more. This would boost activity for a lot of people.

2. A cooldown would be a good idea to add to ruinscraft. If someone sends 3 texts too fast he needs to wait 5 seconds to write another 3 texts. This is a great idea since the plots server lacks staff and it would just help with the difficult times this server has with the spammers.

3. I really get irritated when I try to use the iron trap door. The server lacks a plugin where you can use the iron trap door as a normal trap door so that you can just right-click on it to close or open it. You can see this plugin on a lot of other servers.

Why do I actually would like to have this plugin?

Well, there's an easy and clear answer:

A lot of people build with the iron trap door. Some people create window frame decorations with it and some need it for roof decoration. Since this block has a great white texture it is very much useful for anything.

4. When a person gets muted/banned they should get the link to the rules where they can read it. This can higher the percentage of them not making the same mistake.

6) Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?

I was a helper/builder on a lot of servers which had an average 20-30 people every day, although sadly I forgot the ips of those servers since I don't play on them anymore. These servers gave me enough past experience to be a good helper. A lot of people liked me for my good behaviour and for keeping the chat friendly. I acted fast when someone defied the rules and when there was a negotiation I really tried to be fair, so I always heard both stories of both people to get the basic understanding as to what has happened. Furthermore I could explain things well with what people had problems with (commands for the most part but also other stuff that I don't want to get in detail with). Overall, I was a very understandable staff who liked everybody and would help anybody.

7) Why should we choose you over anyone else?

You can see me a lot because I'm a very active player which tends to play 2-8 hours daily, and I try to be on both servers equally long (plots and mcatlas since they have the biggest player base). I would be a good staff since I'm very mature, helpful, and overall friendly to everyone (please read question number .4 again to understand). Talking to people of different ages, taking a task gently, carefully and with great responsibility isn't new for me since I have four siblings of different ages and for that reason I quite know how to behave in some situations. when you feel sad, worthless or just depressed you can contact me and I really will help you with your current situation. I may not be a psychologist, but I can assure you that I have a really great eloquent type of explaining which can positively help you. In case you don't understand English very well I'm able to talk german, English, Polish or Latin with you and there are little to no helpers on ruinscraft who speak german, so I would be very useful in the long run. In addition, I'll learn Italian next year so the players will have the chance to talk to me Italian. Additionally as you may read I really take stuff seriously, no matter the case or problem because I don't want people to feel sad or feel that they don't fit well. The main pro about me is how open and accessible I am to everyone. I do not mind if someone wants to have a conversation with me. I'm always there ready to talk to you. I don't want to show any examples because I want to keep it private. Furthermore, You may find that I'm a human of great patience who can help you for long durations of time. I don't care if it's something really difficult or just harsh, I'm always there to help.

I'm absolutely certain that I can help new helpers. Some things may be hard to understand but I'll be there to help. Rules aren't new to me since I'm a very old player which has a great understanding of the rules. The core of helping and being nice is the reason why I get up every day and try to improve myself every day by a bit

Moreover I'm a person who strictly follows the ruinscraft rules (please do /p info k0rnel to check). I've hadn't had any anger with any staff for one easy reason: I just don't want to break any rules, they are very good and reasonable. To be quite precise the devotion, dedication, friendliness and overall respect keeps me away from breaking them.

Conclusion:

Overall I'm a friendly, patient and mature player who focuses on helping with the commands, keeping the chat friendly/nice and supporting other players and I think that giving me this position would greatly heighten that I would be very devoted towards the community and I would be glad to improve it

Now I wish you a great day. Goodbye

#1 k0rnel, Mar 6, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 9
  2. luca

luca New Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Nice good luck

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. k0rnel

Helper

Ratings:
    +69
    thank you Luca.

If you find some recommendations let me know so that i can improve them as fast as i can. :)

#3 k0rnel, Mar 6, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. qcewest

qcewest New Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Good app

• Like Like x 1
  5. qcewest

qcewest New Member

Ratings:
    +7
    you would make a great staff member

• Like Like x 1
  6. k0rnel

Helper

Ratings:
    +69
    Thank you Mijo I'm really glad to get optimistic replies :).

#6 k0rnel, Mar 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Doggi

Doggi Member

Ratings:
    +26
    I suggest trying to fix as many grammar mistakes as possible (mostly just not capitalizing 'I') but other than that, I'd say the application is pretty good! Good luck!

• Useful Useful x 2
  8. k0rnel

Helper

Ratings:
    +69
    Thank you for your Suggestion I'll improve it!

#8 k0rnel, Mar 6, 2020
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  9. luca

luca New Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Good luck

• Like Like x 1
  10. luca

luca New Member

Ratings:
    +12
    it was good

• Like Like x 1
  11. Emperyia

Emperyia New Member

Ratings:
    +34
    Your staff application is one of the best i've seen in a while, with complete honesty. The features you suggested could be really helpful for MCAtlas and the rest of the RC server network, not to mention the rest of your application is near perfect. However, there is two major flaws in my opinion.

One, the more major one is that you didn't really explain how you'd negotiate and try to end a negative discussion differently from other staff. The other, but the more minor one is that the grammar of your application is a little off in some areas, however it's more of a nitpick to point that out.

Overall, your application is really well done. Its probably the first application in a while that made me excited to read and critique. Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  12. k0rnel

Helper

Ratings:
    +69
    Thank you very much Emperyia for such detailed critique!

13. silentkidx

silentkidx New Member

Ratings:
    +5
    GG I hope you get in id love to see you in game. :D :D :D :D

14. upsides_steve

upsides_steve New Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I Hope you good luck also i saw you in my server!

• Like Like x 1
  15. k0rnel

Helper

Ratings:
    +69
    Thank you upside_steve I appreciate kind feedback

16. JetTG

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +141
    Good application. See your discord dms for my review.

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. k0rnel

Helper

Ratings:
    +69
    Thank you so much JetTG. I really appreciate your hard work to write it (On discord) :)!

#17 k0rnel, Mar 26, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  18. Boo_Mac

Boo_Mac New Member

Ratings:
    +18
    Good luck mate you deserve staff ;)

• Like Like x 1
  19. k0rnel

Helper

Ratings:
    +69
    Thanks boo_mac!

20. RozePoes

RozePoes New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    +1 build my big building in my town yes

• Like Like x 1
  • About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.