July Ieclen Application update (still not turning it in)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ieclen, Jun 30, 2020.

?

Is this application acceptable?

This poll will close on Oct 30, 2020 at 11:38 AM.
  1. No not at all.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. It's good but it needs work.

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. It would be accepted 90%.

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Ieclen

Ieclen Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +229
    Hi again, after a bit of revamping and such I present to you my newest monthly variant of my app, a lot stayed the same, but there is a good amount of new stuff in 5. For June's application you can go here.
    1) What is your Minecraft username?
    My IGN is currently Ieclen, my namemc is here.
    2) What is your age and timezone (GMT format preferred)?
    I am 13 as of today, and I live in GMT-7, or PST.
    3) How long have you played on our servers?
    I have been playing since August 2017.
    4) In what ways have you helped people on the server?
    I want to make new players feel welcome so I greet them warmly. After doing so I give them basic commands and or ways to find out on their own such as /kit handbook, or going to see the signs at spawn. If I feel like they need a hands on approach I will go out of my way to teach them. The commands include how to creates plots, denying, trusting, and adding other players, as well as anything else they specifically need.

If someone breaks a rule I prefer to check in with them, and tell them what they did wrong after they got the punishment. Most of these people are younger in age, such as 7-10, and I try to be polite and make sure to get it across that what they did was wrong. I think I am good at handling these situations, as they leave a lasting influence on these players in order to hope that they can become spot-free well intentioned player.

I hold events almost daily whether it be parkour, showing off some builds, etc. I have good people skills, in that I bring people together by showing what they have in common, and trying to build links via mutual friends, or what I previously mentioned.
    5) In what ways would you improve the server?

My ideas for MCPlots
    1. /puppet. /puppet is essentially a frame by frame armor stand animation, where you use AST in order to make a singular frame, and then another. 20 frames make up one puppet. Members will have 5 puppet slots, and you can purchase more in the store. You create a puppet with /puppet create [puppetname]. You can move to a second frame /puppet frame. As well as being able to summon a puppet sort of like a Hypixel Emote with /puppet spawn [puppetname].

2. /pb and /smc /pb (short for paneboy) and /smc (super map console) are a visual coding language similar to scratch that is based in a double chest inventory, you can use this to make games with a double chest inventory's screen of glass panes. In order to access /pb games you must right click a special totem of undying that is given to you when you do /pb, which will bring up a menu of games you own. Similar to paneboy, the smc will give you a special head with a cool texture of a game console, and a special item frame. You can hook these up and start up the 128x128 variant of the coding system! This is the command to open the actual coder, and yeah. One main feature is that it will include different genres of games that you can choose from. This is a way to find games that have been published, and what they cost in rubies. (scroll down for more information on rubies) Basically the same to the pb variant, but it has a 128x128 map screen that can be hooked up to a special head. Basically the same to the pb variant. As I understand this is confusing for some people if you head on edawg, another minecraft server there should be a game called "Dino Run" that uses this same method of coding. I'd imagine something like that but you have freedom over your game, and if you don't understand what Scratch is, Scratch is a visual coding tool that is used by younger audiences, making it simple and easy to code for all types of players. It uses a block chain system where you drag blocks from one place into a chain of commands. This video by Kevin Briggs is extremely helpful if you wish to learn more.

3. Return of Rubies. Rubies! The ruinscraft coin that was phased out in 2016-2017. I believe it should come back, without the buycraft intent, and with several new twists! You obtain rubies one way, without already having rubies. You can earn 15 rubies every time 5 players go to your event but you also get rubies if you use sign shops on your plot. Sign shops are something common in prison servers, that could be introduced here on MCPlots! It would make the distribution of custom item markets or such much easier. This would be helpful for people who don't understand custom item market, since the concept is simple in nature. Private events are for the MCPlots player who believes their build should only be shown at a price. It would make no one but people who have building rights are allowed at the plot without having to go through the event. It would act almost the same as regular events though. You can purchase prefixes with rubies. They are simply cosmetic. Sign shops would cost 15 rubies. Private Events would cost 15 rubies. Prefixes are divided into three categories; Normal, Chroma, Mythic, and Magnum. Normal prefixes are such as [Toxic] or [Gamer] or [EGirl], and cost 45 rubies. Chroma would be a prefix with option of color such as [Puppeteer] or [Roleplayer], they cost 75 rubies. Finally, Mythic Prefixes would have color and choice of either Italics, Bold, or Underline; [King] or [Veteran], they would cost 315 rubies, and finally Magnum Prefixes cost 1,500 rubies, with full absolute customization, you can choose what it says, (but it has to be in obligation with the filter, and under 15 characters.) color and any Italics, Bold, or Underline; [ExAmPlE!]
    My ideas for MCAtlas

How I would help Ruinscraft chat and servers
    It is easy for me to stop arguments in chat, but not forcefully. I will let an argument go on if it's polite, and not flooding chat. However, if it is in any way violating rules or is disrespectful of the opposing side I'll end it quickly, but not unkindly. I build up to trying to stop an argument by maybe switching topic. Because of my reputation as a nice and kind person, people will be less likely to continue an argument after I ask for it to end.

During the later part of ruinscraft hours there isn't usually a staff member present, usually GMT-7 9pm-3am. This time-frame is usually when I am online during summer, and if called upon I will be on then.

If someone was griefed on a plot I would try to message higher level staff instantaneously, and if the player being griefed is younger, they will usually freak out, but I'll calm them down simply.

Because of my younger age, I also understand these younger players more then an older staff member would. I am mature for my age, but I remember what it felt like to be in their shoes which helps me with understanding them in situations that may be difficult for other people to be patient with.

In the sense of cracking down on toxicity, I'd say what Ruinscraft needs to do is help nurture the newer and younger group of players, (7-10) into becoming kind players. These younger players are slowly becoming more toxic, and are the main population of spammers, so staff could take a more hands on approach with helping and teaching them how to have basic chat manners. Not like following whatever they do, but when they make a mistake, and are public with their age, we could take maybe 10 minutes just to talk to them, without harshness, just talking to them how things work on Ruinscraft.
    6) Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?
    Yes! I do! I am currently a semi-retired Developer of Abnormal Craft, (unreleased server currently in limbo because we ran out of money to buy MCPRO hosting) I was helper on Pluft's Server for a solid week or so, and I was a sorta-Helper on CoolMC (mentioned previously)
    7) Why should we choose you over anyone else?
    If I were to be accepted into the staff team, I would not just be an ‘average’ helper. I am experienced in both jumping from plots to atlas, being polite, and catching rulebreakers, which is the normal stuff I would be required to do. But I would also bring my imaginative personality, experience, enthusiastic dedication and loyalty towards this server. Ever since I started this server back in August 2017, people have hated me. I was an annoying little brat who did nothing but trigger everyone. But I've grown from that, as I no longer involve myself in drama, I'm almost always kind and polite, and I have a good understanding of the rules.

I dedicate a lot of my free time to the server, and am extremely invested in this community. I believe my dedication and time spent playing on the server could help me as a staff member, as I am often present to help moderate servers while others are offline. I also believe my dedication, represents my investment in the Ruinscraft community, and helps show that I am focused on improving and fostering a more positive, and enjoyable environment on the Ruinscraft servers. I have experience helping deescalate conflict in the global chat. I often try to intervene in situations where I can help both players come to agreements, and stop fighting. I believe as a staff member I would be able to use this skill effectively as a way to defuse situations. My experience with conflict management will help me significantly with player interaction as a staff member.

I put a great amount of effort into finding solutions and unique ideas to support and help Ruinscraft. For example, I have made an entire threads worth of ideas simply for this application which you can find here. My unique personality allows me to think outside of the box when trying to come up with on the spot solutions for problems that are currently unaddressed but needed to be fixed by the staff team.

I've been dedicated to this community for 3 years of my life, and in the last few months, I've changed who I am to someone who you can depend on. For my age, 13, I have been told many times by different people that I act and seem older and more mature. I'm good with understanding a person, and how they think. Because of my 3 years worth of time on this server, I know the ins and outs of Ruinscraft.

I am very capable of always being ready to jump in, but my silver bullet is that I never stop improving. I strive to always become a better person, and I hope I can continue this journey of self improvement on the staff team, as I grow from a person who you may want on the staff team, to one you’re proud to have on the staff team.​

#1 Ieclen, Jun 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2020 at 6:17 PM
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Izer_

Izer_ Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +824
    Bro its a staff application not an ideas and feedback thread. your 3000 paragraphs of ideas are not what they are looking for for #5. They wanna know what makes you a better staff apple than somebody other member who is applying for staff apple, not all your ideas. They are really creative ideas but not really an answer even to #5. Also, the answer is soooo long. Took me so long just to scroll through it, let alone read everything.

I know this is harsh but I wanted to be blunt to get the point across. I don’t mean to be unkind because you are a nice kid. But your ideas don’t really relate to what makes you an honest or perceptive staff apple. That doesn’t mean the ideas should go to waste: put everything in this thread into a couple Ideas and Feedback threads.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. ILagWithShaders

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +1,264
    Voting gives 17k gold a year, which averages out to ~326 gold per week. 17k is classified as the "Middle Class" in Atlas, so decreasing the gold would basically ruin the economy

Other than that, good application. I hoe you apply when youre old enough

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Ieclen

Ieclen Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +229
    [
    VERY HELPFUL, but I think I'll keep a few ideas for each section just to keep the app with variety of ideas. I've also increased the amount of information in my How I will help the Ruinscraft chat and servers section of 5. SERIOUSLY, every piece of advice is very helpful. I wasn't sure if it was bad that I had no ideas of other servers, so I added more. Now I've balanced them out, removing the less important and less effortful ideas.

#4 Ieclen, Jun 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Emperyia

Emperyia Member

Ratings:
    +168
    meh, i dont like it, its aight ig tho idk
    also youre not mature at all, you called a suicide hotline cause some 10 year old threatened suicide, among other stupid things, but youre aight as a person so idc

heil superiorob

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Izer_

Izer_ Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +824
    Tf when call an emergency hotline because somebody threatens suicide and get criticized for it by dolts on the internet. Even if there’s a 99.9% chance the guy wasn’t actually suicidal, there’s a 0.1% chance you save somebody’s life.

#6 Izer_, Jul 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. whitetiger131

Wiki Editor

Ratings:
    +468
    Some constructive feedback:
    • Don't format everything in the center. It's fine to put the questions in the center, but try putting the answers on the left side (ctrl + L) so that the app is easier to read.
    • Izer is right on #5 -- while ideas you would implement can be a part of this section, I would focus on how your in game activity and role as a staff member helps the server (reducing chat flood, reducing toxicity, resolving arguments, how you resolve arguments, and other ways you just make the server a better place)
    • Take out this part
    • The above part just comes off as weird, I'm sure you had good intentions, but I'm not sure saying "My personality type allows me to determine if someone is lying/etc." Since chat moderation is exclusively text based, it's incredibly hard to tell when someone is lying or being sarcastic by simple language clues, so I'm not even sure this is true. You learn to pick up lies/etc as you get older, not because of your personality type.
    • Condense your ideas in Part 5 to specific paragraphs. I agree with Izer's criticisms (long scroll time/difficult to read), so the way to solve this is to put all of ideas with "subpoints" (a, b, c, etc) into a paragraph. Examples would include making a "Rubies" paragraph, a "/puppet" paragraph, and a "war" paragraph.
    • Under Part 7, make "experience" one of the reasons you should be accepted as staff and why that makes you uniquely qualified. CaptainOfTheSeas was able to do this with great success, because he'd been on RC for 5+ years, and as such knew the server and its people really well. You would have been here 3 years by the time you submit your app, so I'd add experience as a staff app for you too!
    • Talk about your server reputation in Part 4 or Part 7. You seem to have a really good rep (as a wholesome, nice kid), so add that! Talk about how you have a good reputation with the player base and that's a good staff quality because you're less subject to trolls or staff hate, and additionally it's good because players are more likely to respect you (and by extension, your punishments)
    You're super wholesome and seem genuinely dedicated to the server, so I think you'd be a good addition! As such, I want to reiterate this criticism is only constructive in nature and that you can build on this app for the future! :D

- tiger

• Winner Winner x 2
  8. Ieclen

Ieclen Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +229
    If you've read through to the very end, I say that I'm always improving. I know I've made some mistakes in the past, and I know I'm going to make more in the future. One thing I know for sure, is that I grow from them. What happened with FunBricks1 threatening suicide was because I had lost someone online to it before. I don't wish to go into the specifics, but I wanted to try to save someone else instead of letting another one go. I've learned to be more harsh with how I look at things, thanks to that experience. I am not mature. Yet. Even though my perception of myself isn't mature, a lot of the people I know always think I''m 2-3 years older then I am, like when I meet a new friend on the server, and they ask my age, I tell them to guess, and they always say I seem older then I am. So I thought I'd bring that in. This application was written 5 months into the future, and knowing myself, I know by the time I'm ready to submit it, everything in this application would have been accomplished. I thank you for the advice, and am touched you even responded at all, sorry you had to read all of this.

#8 Ieclen, Jul 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Ieclen

Ieclen Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +229
    MANY THANKS

I had formatted everything to the center cause I thought it looked cool, but I'll fix that right away!

I know I have WAY too many ideas on this, I was trying to add more ideas on different parts of ruinscraft because I realized it was all on plots. But I'll condense them and definitely add a lot more on how I'd help the server.

i dont even know on this one lmao i just tried it

Yeah, this would probably benefit a lot!

I'll definitely add that in! Thanks!

Even though I've said this over, and over, and over. I love every piece of criticism I get, but when YOU bust it out, I know my writing is about to get 10x better. You are someone that I both look up to, and hope to match you one day, and I know that won't be soon. You are one of the most helpful people on Ruinscraft, and I hope you know that. Cough, don't still know why they rejected your application but accepted Fieldsmarshall- aNy WAys! ONE LAST TIME IN THIS POST, THANKS!

10. Emperyia

Emperyia Member

Ratings:
    +168
    ok

heil superiorob

11. Emperyia

Emperyia Member

Ratings:
    +168
    i forgot to mention the part where the guy said he was joking like 5 times

12. Ieclen

Ieclen Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +229
    that was after I had called the hotline

• Like Like x 1
  • About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.