Rejected jgwarrior's Staff App

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by jgwarrior, May 18, 2020.

1. jgwarrior

jgwarrior New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    1) What is your Minecraft username?
    My current username is jgwarrior

2) What is your age and timezone (GMT format preferred)?

I am currently 17 years old and my timezone is EST (GMT -4:00)

3) How long have you played on our servers?

I believe I joined around mid-late 2015, so I have been playing for close to- if not, five years.

4) In what ways have you helped people on the server?

During my years on this server, it has always been my goal to try and help the server by making it a friendly and positive place. When I play MCPlots, I spend a lot of my time helping people in chat. I always try my best to help with: commands, minor issues, and when someone is breaking the rules I report them through the discord server provided. I have also recently gotten into playing MCAtlas. I try to help people with commands and other small issues on MCAtlas as well. Of course, I will always continue these good habits whether I am a part of the staff team or not.

5) In what ways would you improve the server?

I will be able to contribute a lot to the server. On average, I spend more than four hours on the server daily. If I become a staff member, I would help keep the server friendly and safe for new and old players. This will be done by giving the proper punishments to players who break the rules. I will also do my absolute best to keep the community happy as a whole!

Aside from that, I would also contribute to ideas and suggestions to help improve the server. For example,

-/slap (username)
    Similar to when /dab existed, this is a simple command that just shows a message saying somebody has slapped someone else. Of course, I believe that a cooldown would be necessary. I believe that small additions like this would add a better sense of community and just be an overall fun addition to the server.

-/p kick (username)
    One thing I’ve always thought would be a good addition is a command to kick players from your plot. Currently, to kick a player you must deny and then remove them. I believe that adding a kick command that simply sends a player to spawn would be a good addition.

/sit and /sleep
    With the addition of being able to sit on stairs, slabs, and carpets, I feel like a lot of players would like to be able to sit on all blocks. Adding a sit command would make it possible to sit wherever you want. Similarly, /sleep would put you in a sleeping position.

W/E GUI
    One thing that I see a lot of new players struggle with is worldedit. Although you can currently see a small tutorial on it by doing /kit worldedit, I think that it would be more beneficial if there was a GUI showing you how to use various commands, (ex. making spheres, rotating structures, and other basic w/e commands). This would make it a lot easier for new players to understand how to use it, and even as a reminder for old players if they forget.

6) Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?

No, I haven’t been staff for any major servers. I was staff on a couple of small servers, however; those were mainly with friends, and never had many players online. Since I’ve played on Ruinscraft for a while and have made friends with a few staff members, I already know most of the basic staff commands.

7) Why should we choose you over anyone else?

For a couple of years now, Ruinscraft has been like a second home to me. It’s always been there for me, and now I want to return the favour by helping out players on the server. Although I am younger than most people applying for staff, people usually think of me as mature. Considering the fact that I am very active, and always try my best to be there for people. I believe that as a staff member, I can achieve great things and improve the server as a whole. Being a staff member on Ruinscraft has always been my dream, as it genuinely makes me happy to help players and watch this community grow. I also have a perfect record on the server.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Brian

Brian New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    This is an amazing application and I would love you see you on the staff team

• Like Like x 2
  3. Zoppy__

Zoppy__ New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Great application, you should definitely become a staff member! Amazing

• Like Like x 1
  4. Zoppy__

Zoppy__ New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    This is an amazing application and I would love you see you on the staff team

• Like Like x 1
  5. Zoppy_

Zoppy_ Member

Ratings:
    +158
    Hey uh who are you???

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Zoppy_

Zoppy_ Member

Ratings:
    +158
    Funny, this looks a lot like Kisa's application...
    kisaaas-helper-application.23324

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Zoppy_

Zoppy_ Member

Ratings:
    +158
    Hey uh you're jg's alt, aren't you.

#7 Zoppy_, May 18, 2020
    Last edited: May 18, 2020
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. ILagWithShaders

ILagWithShaders Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +228
    I have some advice for you:
    1. Dont steal other people's ideas or application. This is a very similar or 1:1 word copy of kisaaa's application. You can take advice from previous applications, not the application itself.
    2. Be original. Originality in question #5 is a big factor in the application for staff. If anything, try to come up with ideas that have been unheard of to the server

That is all I have, but I would recommend not plagiarizing someone else's application. Better luck next time!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. ILagWithShaders

Ratings:
    +228
    I just reread this and I am very annoyed by something. Its not anything I said above, but how some people say that EST is GMT -4, when it is actually -5. I rage at this. EST -5 FOR LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. parrot_bartender

Ratings:
    +120
    Blatant plagiarism is not allowed, this is almost a word for word copy of kisaaa’s staff application.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. _coolbird

_coolbird Member

Ratings:
    +95
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. ILagWithShaders

Ratings:
    +228
    :forumsdisagree: on advice. Most of the staff applications today have been satire... This says a lot about what the community is like

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. xFliqhtive_

xFliqhtive_ Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +167
    the community is full of retarted liberals

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. xFliqhtive_

Ratings:
    +167
    man really disagreed to getting criticism for LITERALLY COPYING A RECENTLY ACCEPTED APPLICATION WORD BY WORD. LIKE I SAID BEFORE, RETARTED, EASILY OFFENDED, LIBERALS.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. ILagWithShaders

Ratings:
    +228
    Server (atlas mainly) has been very toxic from my pov lately

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. xFliqhtive_

Ratings:
    +167
    go to my post in off topic and sign the petition

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. PVP_Builder

Ratings:
    +183
    Hey! We have decided to reject this application. If you want to know the specific reason why please contact a staff member. I will say, however, that the way you handle advice and criticism for your application can show a lot about you. Thank you for applying!

• Like Like x 1
  18. xFliqhtive_

Ratings:
    +167
    heres a little secret so u dont have to dm the poor mod and waste his time: you got rejected because you copy and pasted another application :)
    and ftw this mod is the most epic man i have ever met

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. ILagWithShaders

Ratings:
    +228
    Yes he is bird and bird is epic (ill check your post out)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Hafixion

Hafixion Member

Ratings:
    +46
  • About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.