Rejected ILagWithShaders' Staff App. 2

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by ILagWithShaders, Apr 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ILagWithShaders

ILagWithShaders Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +228
    1) What is your Minecraft username?
    My Minecraft username is ILagWithShaders, and I do not plan changing it… ever
    https://namemc.com/profile/ILagWithShaders.1

2) What is your age and timezone (GMT format preferred)?
    I am currently 13 years old, and I am turning 14 in May. My time zone is EST (GMT -5)

3) How long have you played on our servers?
    I have played on Ruinscraft for 4 1/2 months now, nearing 5 months.

4) In what ways have you helped people on the server?
    Since I started playing McAtlas, I have both received and given help to multiple players. When people ask for items that they don’t have, I am normally one of the first ones to respond. Whenever new people join, the FIRST question they ask is “how do I teleport” or “how do I join a town”. I help these players by giving them as much insight as I can about the server without explaining the obvious. When we were all new players, well all asked the same questions. This list of people includes me, so I, as an experienced player, give information to new players because I want to give back to the server that gave me so much.
    I have also reported multiple people for spam and for breaking chat rules, such as harassing players after they were warned/told to stop. This is not only helpful towards myself, but to everyone in the chat. Rule breakers cause the chat to become either filled with spam or toxic, and that is never good. By reporting these people, others and I can help to cleanse the server of toxicity.

5) In what ways would you improve the server?
    In my last application I gave some improvements, but they were too commonly requested, so I have come up with some new ideas for improvement. I will say this though, I am going to briefly talk about one I said in my last application.

Introduction: I will keep this brief, as I have explained this in full detail in my last application. An introduction to the server would be VERY useful. As I have said above, most new players ask how to teleport or join a town. Just a small introduction to how the server functions would be nice.

Now, onto the new ideas:

/market and /bank: The /market and /bank commands would be a whole new set of commands for McAtlas. The gold currency would stay, but selling and buying items would be different. The /market command would be used to create offers to buy items for gold, or to sell items for gold. /market is a little hard to explain, so bear with me.
    Say that Shaders wanted to sell a stack of iron blocks. Shaders, as the seller, would hold the iron blocks, type /market sell 64 60, and the iron blocks would go onto the market (/market). This is how the selling command would work:
    /market sell (amount) (price).
    Now, let's say that ILag was a buyer, and ILag wanted to buy that iron. ILag would browse through the market, and when he found the iron blocks, he would buy them. The market would have separate pages, each with different items being sold. Let's say that the iron blocks were the fourth item on the second page of /market. To get to the second page, the command would be:
    /market page 2.
    To get to page 3 it would be /market page 3, for page 4, /market page 4, and so on. Each page would have 10 slots for items to be on. To buy the iron blocks (which are on the fourth slot of the second page), ILag would use the command /market buy 2 4. This is how the command for buying works:
    /market buy (page number) (item’s slot number).
    Now, this is where /bank comes in. When buying items, gold would be taken from your bank and put into the seller’s bank. Since the iron was 60 gold, if ILag had 70 gold in his bank before he bought the iron, he would have 10 gold left. The 60 gold taken out of ILag's bank would have gone to Shaders, the seller. The bank would work like towny deposits and withdrawals. /bank deposit (amount) so you can buy things, and /bank withdraw (amount) to get the profits and/or take gold out. If a player is offline when an item is bought, no worries! When the seller comes online, a message would appear saying “You sold [item] for [price] gold! Check your bank for your profits.”

In case you cannot remember everything I just said, here is a rundown:

• /market sell (amount) (price) to put items on the market for a set amount of gold

• /market page (page number) to browse the items being sold on the market

• /market buy (page number) (slot number) to buy items from the market

• /bank (deposit/withdraw) to deposit/withdraw either gold or profits from your bank

• Allows for players to make gold while offline

/tasks: /tasks would be a command that would allow for players to do tasks/challenges. As someone who cannot explain menus that well, I will try to explain in as much detail as possible. When you type the /tasks command, a page like the Advancements would come up. There would be difficulties on the top left corner of the pop-up, and you could select different tasks/challenges to complete. In the actual interactive part, paper would be renamed to the tasks, and they would have information on the said task. A task would be started by clicking on it, and then in the bottom left corner there would be a “Start Challenge” button. When you click this, get going! There would be no time limit, but there is gold to win.
    /tasks should have rewards, or else it would be practically useless. For the difficulties, there could be Easy, Medium, Hard, and Insane. Each difficulty would give you different amounts of gold, with Easy giving the least and Insane giving the most. An Easy task could be named something like “Hello, World!”, where you visit every continent. This would yield a reward of 5 gold. It was not that hard to complete, but it took some time at least. A Medium task could be named “Blacksmith”, where you smelt 1,000 pieces of ore. This would give 30 gold in return. It was not that hard, but it took some effort to complete. A Hard task could be named “Perfection…”, where you get a certain MCMMO skill to level 1,000 (or whatever the max is). This would give 100 gold to the player. It was grindy to complete, involved patience, and all in all was just hard to commit to. An Insane level task should be for the people who are committed to the task. A task that fits this would be named “Master of the Ocean”, where someone would have to use a Riptide trident to travel 10,000 blocks. This could give 1,000+ gold, because getting a trident is very hard, the durability of it would wear down quickly, and the entire map is only around 20,000 blocks in height, so the person doing this would basically be travelling half the height of the world (I used the dynmap for reference). If you complete all the tasks in a certain difficulty, you could get a bonus reward, for Easy it could be 100 gold, for Medium it could be 1,000 gold, for Hard it could be a Shulker Box, and for Insane it could be a beacon or two. If you complete ALL of tasks in EVERY difficulty, you could get a special powder, 50,000 gold, and of course… bragging rights.
    This would be helpful for all players. This is an alternative source of gold for all players, new and old. It would also get people going places in the world, encouraging exploration in McAtlas. This would give people inspiration on what to build, what types of biomes they would like to make a town in, and it would get more people together in a server that is so independent. All in all, this command would bring the community closer together, and would also help people stay on the server.

/playtime: This command would not be extremely useful or revolutionary, but it would show who has played the most in the past month. It could be used for future events and such, but for now just a simple way to track how long someone has played on the server for the entire month would be nice to have. People could show how long they have played on the server, and I think that would help keep them engaged. If there was a prize involved, people would be active. If people know that there is money to be made, they will try to get it.
    For the future events I was talking about, here is an example. There could be a competition, where at the end of the month whoever has the most playtime gets 250 gold. This would not break the economy, it would just be a small “thank you” to show that admins appreciate the time people spend on the server they work so hard on. Some players, I won’t say who, are iconic for staying AFK and racking up 2-3 days worth of playtime, so implementing an AFK timer would be useful. It could be set to 1 hour, so if a person does not move for one hour, they are declared AFK and do not gain any time on /playtime.
    /seen is not the same command, as for it only shows current sessions. /playtime would show how long somebody has spent online throughout the entire month, instead of maybe a few days. As someone who is racking up a lot of hours, seeing this command implemented would be nice because it could show how much time other players and I spend on certain tasks. I know that other players are working on big projects as well, so getting an exact time on seeing how long it took would be nice. I understand that this would not be a top priority unlike the other two I mentioned, but I think that this would be a nice addition to the server.

Just a side note, a few of my ideas for improvement in #ideas in the Discord have been added as well. Two of them were implemented. One was to add slowmode to #reports-and-help to reduce messages sent there. The other one evolved into the bonuses from voting. I did not directly ask for buffed votes, I asked for increased drop rates from some mobs (like Wither Skeletons), but StupidDrew9 said that he could make voting better because I asked for increased mob drops (hence why Wither Skeleton Skulls and Tridents are in voting).

6) Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?
    I have been staff on 2 Minecraft servers and 2 Discord servers. I have specifically been Helper on both Minecraft servers, and Moderator on both Discord servers. There is little to no proof of this though, because all the servers were deleted by the owner. Even if there was proof, most of it has been lost in DMs from years ago.

7) Why should we choose you over anyone else?
    You should choose me because I will be dedicated to the server, and will take the responsibility very seriously. I am a well known, friendly, and respected player in the community, and I will do anything to keep it safe. Most days I played on McAtlas, I spent 3-10 hours online. Since I last applied, I have spent at least 70 hours on the server. During those times, I have done many productive and helpful things. Some include grinding out fishing for hours on end, selling items to people desperately in need for a specific item, and talking with others though the chat. I look forward to every second on the server, no matter the situation. I have been there when drama has unfolded, I have been there when history was made, and I have been there during the peaceful times where nothing was really happening.
    When I first started in December, I did not know what to expect. Now, on April 19th, I know what to expect from the server, and that is happiness. From building houses, to travelling the oceans, to walking across entire continents, and from fishing for 7 hours a day, I have always been experiencing happiness due to the server. There have been a few rough times, some of them within the past week, but I got through those and still have my head up high. I have always been supportive, not only to the new players, but to all players. Helping people out and knowing that I have done something for them makes me feel joy, and I want other players to feel that as well. My dedication to the server has never diminished since I started playing. Whenever I was offline, I was always thinking of something to do the next time I got on. In March, I found that I wanted to do something different… something that a handful of people get to experience.
    I wanted to apply for staff. The more I thought about applying for staff, the more clear it became that I had to apply. I know that as staff, I will be able to carry out the tasks that come with it. I am responsible, and I will not back down a chance to do something that is assigned. I know what will be expected of me, and I am fully able to comply with those expectations. I will work with my colleagues to make the server a safer, and better place in general. If I do something wrong, I will take full responsibility for it, no questions asked. Playing McAtlas/Ruinscraft has been an adventure, and I hope to continue it as a staff member.

• Like Like x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. qcewest

qcewest Member

Ratings:
    +16
    that’s alot

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. PoIsessedPug

PoIsessedPug Member

Ratings:
    +46
    I like this application, but because staff are told to go by strictly of the guidelines - Unfortunately I don't think you'll be accepted, as it has to be 5 months or more, and staff go by this very strictly unfortunately, nethertheless your application is great, full of content and overall unique.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. qcewest

qcewest Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Nah they accepted some guy who played less then 2 months makes no sense

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. ILagWithShaders

Ratings:
    +228
    Thanks... I guess?
    Thank you for the nice words! It means a lot to me. I do see what you mean with my playtime though, but I think that how active I am will help out. You have been online. All you see is me complain about fishing, not getting totems, etc. I hope for the best from this, but only time will tell what happens.

• Like Like x 1
  6. r0xANDt0l

r0xANDt0l New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Good luck!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. _Maka47

_Maka47 New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Very good application!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. ILagWithShaders

Ratings:
    +228
    Tysm!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. _69420_

_69420_ Member

Ratings:
    +78

#9 _69420_, Apr 20, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
  10. parrot_bartender

Ratings:
    +120
    I like your ideas! They involve MONEY, and I sure love MONEY!

Actually though, I think your application is really nice and well written. It is very detailed and fun to read. I hope you get accepted! :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. ILagWithShaders

Ratings:
    +228
    Thanks! When I first thought of them, I didn't know if people would like them, so I'm glad to hear that you like them!

Thank you! This means a lot to me! I hope your next application is just as good :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. parrot_bartender

Ratings:
    +120
    Thanks!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. PoIsessedPug

PoIsessedPug Member

Ratings:
    +46
    Congratulations on under review! I hope you get accepted! :D

• Like Like x 2
  14. AlfredoFettucine

AlfredoFettucine New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    5 months shouldn’t be a problem because he knows as much about the server as a person playing for a year.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. ILagWithShaders

Ratings:
    +228
    Thank you!

McAtlas hasn't been out for a year... but I know what you're saying. Thanks for the support!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Zoppy_

Zoppy_ Member

Ratings:
    +158
    Woah, that’s a lot of writing! Good job on your application, and good luck to you, Shaders!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. ILagWithShaders

Ratings:
    +228
    Thanks!

18. AlfredoFettucine

AlfredoFettucine New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Right.. forgot

19. _coolbird

_coolbird Member

Ratings:
    +95
    accept

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Zoppy_

Zoppy_ Member

Ratings:
    +158
    Accept NOW!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.