Rejected Iecl's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Ieclen, May 19, 2020.

1. Ieclen

Ieclen Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +637
    1) What is your Minecraft username?
    My username is currently Iecl. Click here for my namemc profile.

2) What is your age and timezone (GMT format preferred)?
    2) I am 12 years of age and am in PST. GMT-7

3) How long have you played on our servers?
    I believe I started playing around August 2017.

4) In what ways have you helped people on the server?
    I may sometimes I start non-aggressive arguments in the chat, from this point on I will make an effort to be more mature. I think I help make RC just feel that little bit more cozy. Sometimes when two friends of mine from different places or times are both near me, I knit them together to become friends where that wouldn't have happened without me. I have many friend groups and love bumping into people I knew from years ago in global chat. I always try to assist players in global who need command help if I'm versed with it, I'm also fairly engaged with the community. I'll usually TPA to people after they ask for help, y'know friendliness and all. I'm not currently the most versed in the rules, but hopefully once I am of age I will have gone and memorized it.

5) In what ways would you improve the server?
    Honestly? I think I'm not filled with many good ideas at the moment. I know my weaknesses, this is one of them. My future apps throughout the next few years will be much better than this. Anyways; here is my current selection of brain thoughts.

1. /debate. A way to solve a global issues without the resounding amounts of chat flood. When someone sparks a debate in global, the defense can simply do /debate [player] entering a private chatroom made for the debate. They can also invite other people to assist them with each side. Once one side's main leader does /debate resolve the debate is over.

2. /faq. In order to keep global from spam, people can do /faq [question]. Other people can then do /faq read in order to find and answer these questions with minimal effort. You can click on a green button that says [RESPOND] to start a message in order to help them.

3. /p blacklist. If a plot owner doesn't want a specific word or phrase said in their plot, they can do /p blacklist add [word] and it would be filtered from their chat. If let's say a troller says the blacklisted word they get one strike. Again, another. 3 strikes, it instantly denies the offender from the plot.

6) Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?
    I have never been helper on any server. Though I was not officially helper, I think I was essentially staff on the now defunct CoolMC. Not sure if that counts for anything.

7) Why should we choose you over anyone else?
    I think without doubt that I'd be a good fit for staff because of my attitude. If I was staff I'd act like I do while playing bed wars, when everyone's friending me and insulting me I tell them something nice to spite them, and usually when someone's angry at someone else I like to message them about what's going on. If you see lots of negatives about me, it's because I wish to grow from this first poorly made application into someone you could be proud to have on your team.

#1 Ieclen, May 19, 2020
    Last edited: May 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  2. whitetiger131

whitetiger131 Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +473

Hi! I believe you must be 13 to apply for staff.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Ieclen

Ieclen Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +637
    Yea! I know that. This apply is meant to put me on the radar, and hopefully show if I eventually get accepted how far I've come and how much I devote to doing this. By next year I hope to have a much better apply ready, and maybe get accepted.

• Like Like x 1
  4. parrot_bartender

parrot_bartender Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +918
    A suggestion is to write out the questions in bold lettering to make everything easier to read. Good luck! :D

5. Ieclen

Ieclen Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +637
    Thanks! I fixed it now.

• Like Like x 1
  6. _coolbird

_coolbird Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +674
    here are my opinions

first, i believe that adding the /debate and /faq isnt a good idea. I doubt anyone will use them, and it would fail like the TF2 coach system which tried to get other players to help others, but it failed. and also /p blacklist is pointless since ruinscraft already has a filter, and also you can just /ignore someone.

second, you didnt actually link your namemc

third, you didnt actually name your exact timezone. they are split in to 24 timezones and you have to do for example GMT +1 or GMT -1. Just search on google "what is my timezone" and it will give it to you

there are flaws but good luck

(edit) ur ruinscraft profile says ur 16 lol

#6 _coolbird, May 19, 2020
    Last edited: May 19, 2020
  7. Ieclen

Ieclen Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +637
    I had to fake my age on the forums to make an account. (planning on changing soon reee)

My namemc wouldn't link since I need 3 posts first. ( i have enough posts know uwu)

Thanks for the GMT thing :D

I know that the ideas were not the greatest as I stated, this is more a build up application then a winning piece. I personally agree that /faq is probably a bad idea, was just trying to think of anything I could add. Thanks so much for the advice. I personally think that the /debate may be good as the amount of drama has increased in global a lot, with some specific users continuously flooding chat (this includes me) the /p blacklist is more for personal set of guidelines for your plot. What about the words that aren't blocked such as hell? Someone may want it for that. (sorry that I'm being super defensive I'm just fairly stubborn o///o)

#7 Ieclen, May 20, 2020
    Last edited: May 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  8. xFliqhtive_

xFliqhtive_ Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +188
    title is fricking cringe but i like the application and it looks like potential

9. Ieclen

Ieclen Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +637
    sorry I'll fix the title

10. 1K2C3M

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +522
    Hello Iecl,

Upon reviewing your application we've decided to deny your application. The reason being is that you must be 13 or old in order to be eligible for becoming a staff member. Regardless we appreciate the time you took to make your application and I hope you have a good day!

11. TheTrueMunchkin

Ratings:
    +80
    Rip, that sucks since it's a good app but we all knew it would happen

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Ieclen

Ieclen Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +637
    I knew it, of course. This app was more to prove a point then to be a real application. Thanks so much for actually reading it. I was 50% sure the staff were just gonna ignore it, lmao.

13. 1K2C3M

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +522
    Nahh we never ignore any application however since you applied it tells us that we may want to keep an eye on you to see if you'd be a good applicant when you reach the appropriate age.

14. xFliqhtive_

Ratings:
    +188
    lol just tell them ur thirteen i garuntee half the staff started before thirteen i know of an old guy whos retired now who started before thirteen and made it but lied. for all they know ur bday is tomorrow.

15. xFliqhtive_

Ratings:
    +188
    hey I wrote out some advice on how to get a better app https://ruinscraft.com/threads/petition-to-get-this-server-ddosed.23403/#post-103119

• About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.