Accepted Hallucinationman's Staff App

hallucinationman

Helper
Sponsor MCPLOTS
Sponsor MCATLAS
Dec 20, 2019
USA
1) What is your Minecraft username?

Currently, my in-game name is Hallucinationman. I have never changed my username before, but if I do end up getting a new username, here is my NameMC:
https://namemc.com/profile/hallucinationman.1

2) What is your age and timezone (GMT format preferred)?

I am 15 years old and my time zone is Central Time, or GMT -5.

3) How long have you played on our servers?

I have been playing Ruinscraft since September 22nd, 2019. Typically I spend 2-4 online hours per day, though I mainly play MCAtlas.

4) In what ways have you helped people on the server?

Spending time on MCAtlas, I have come across a lot of players who do not really understand what is going on. When helping new users, I dedicate a lot of my time to explaining plugins and mechanics on the server; Sometimes when a player first joins, they have no experience with how Towny and MCMMO work. For instance, they might not understand why they keep getting levels from chopping trees; I try to work with them and alleviate their confusion. Once they understand game mechanics, they often have a better experience on the server; creating towns, and talking with the community.

5) In what ways would you improve the server?

Without a doubt, the community is the most important part of MCAtlas and the server as a whole. If we did not have the player-base we would not have a server. With this in mind I have come up with some ideas I feel could better engage users, and help grow the player-base further.

Community Events

My first idea is that this server needs more community events. At the moment, little happens on MCATLAS, the server has become more and more boring as gameplay becomes stale, and the player retention rate reflects that. Community events as I see them, would be something similar to the powder hunts.

Think of them as monthly events hosted by the staff team that interacts with the player base. Perhaps something like a monthly powder hunt which only has one or two powders hidden around the map, or some sort of harvesting festival where players can earn prizes based upon how much ore they mine, or how much fish they catch.

I think there is a lot of room for creativity when coming up with these events, and it would be something interesting for both the staff team and Ruinscraft players.

Player Council

As my second idea I also think the server could use a player council. This council would be elected by other players, and represent any concerns or problems from the player base as a whole. This would help bridge the gap between players and staff, as the players would have a more direct line of communication. This also might lead to more openness as players might be more inclined to trust telling things to a player council member as opposed to a staff member directly.

6) Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?

No, I do not have any experience working as a staff member. Frankly, I enjoy being a player. It is a very different perspective from being staff, and one I still appreciate. But I think it is time to take a step up and take part in what goes on behind the background; improving the server and helping users.

7) Why should we choose you over anyone else?

It has been 16 months since I have joined the server. In that time, I have interacted with many members of the player base. I know the community, and its people, and I feel as though I understand their needs. Beyond all of that, I am willing to help out; I have a high standing with the player base, and am consistently active on the server, playing 2-4 hours per day as I previously mentioned. Finally, I want to make a change. I want to help players learn about the server, and I want to watch it grow, so that others will have the experiences that I have enjoyed playing Ruinscraft.

Thank you for your consideration. I can’t wait to get started.