Rejected Hallucinationman Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by hallucinationman, May 13, 2020.

Tags:
  1. hallucinationman

hallucinationman New Member

Ratings:
    +12
    1. What is your minecraft username?

My current username is hallucinationman and i don't plan on changing it.

2. What is your age and timezone (GMT format preferred)?

I am 14, and my timezone is GMT-5.

3. How long have you played on the server?

I joined about 7 and a half months ago

4. In what ways have you helped people on the server?

The ways I have helped people on this server, is first with mcmmo questions people might have. Most of the newer players do not know how mcmmo works and have questions about the plugin. So, I try to help as much as I can to alleviate any confusion they might have. Another way I help people is by giving food to people who just joined, or giving away rarer items such as dark oak saplings. I also try to help them with that beginning phase of the game by funding towns or giving people iron and diamonds.

5. In what ways would you improve the server?

There are two main things I would like to change or add to the server, The first being a way to mute general chat, and the second being some way to get chest shops or changing how people sell items since recently there have been more and more scammers appearing on mcatlas. In regards to being able to mute general chat, there have been many spammers in the chat recently, along with numerous bypassing. There should be a way to mute this for people who are trying to enjoy the game, or people in the community who are younger in our community. For instance when Osamasdouble changed his town name to the n word and then proceeded to spam that in chat with multiple alts, these types of events can drive people away from the server. But if there was a way too mute the chat it would appeal to more people. The reason why i think a chest shop or a change to the way people sell items on the server is necessary is because scamming is something that frequently happens on the server. I know people who have been scammed for thousands of gold and it can definitely make people want to quit. Chest shop plugins exist and if mcatlas implemented one i think it would be very beneficial to the community.

6. Do you have any previous experience as staff on other servers?

I sadly do not have any experience as staff on minecraft servers. I have been a moderator on a few small discord servers but that is my only experience. i do however have minor experience with commands and plugins.

7. Why should we choose you over anyone else?

I think the reason you should choose me is because of how often i can be online and how active i am. I am online anywhere from 3-8 hours on the server everyday and am an active member in the community. I have been on the server since September and know how the server works. I know how to use commands and am able to defuse situation quite well. If i do end up becoming a staff member i hope to help with problems related to people spamming or bypassing since i am on quite often.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Zoppy_

Zoppy_ Member

Ratings:
    +158
    Hi there, nice application! Here are a few pointers and comments:

1. The option to mute general chat and shops have been requested frequently, the staff are looking for new ideas. I know you can think of other things if you put your mind to it!

2. Some of those “I”s need capitalizing.

3. You said you have minor experience with plugins and whatnot, maybe go into detail about what you’re good at using.

4. Go into detail about how you diffuse situations.

5. I like that you’re a helpful player! It’s always nice to have players who are experienced with the server.

6. It’s great that you know how to use the plugins.

7. Active players make good staff!

I hope these comments will help you, good luck!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. hallucinationman

Ratings:
    +12
    Thank you for the feedback. I’m not the best at punctuation and grammar but I will try to improve. :)

• Like Like x 3
  4. Zoppy_

Zoppy_ Member

Ratings:
    +158
    If you need to know how to word something, just ask around! A lot of us are willing to help. (Safest bet is to ask someone older than you that you trust, or ask a staff member. While there are many helpful players, as you already know, there are just as many trolls.)

5. _coolbird

_coolbird Member

Ratings:
    +95
    yooooooooooooooo hallllluuuuuu
    application is nice, just u should go into more detail cuz it seems like everyone who gets accepted writes a whole essay as their application. gl tho hope u get staff coolbro

-_coolbird (ur bro)

6. parrot_bartender

Ratings:
    +120
    You could try the app Grammarly, I’ve used it before and it’s pretty helpful :)

7. hallucinationman

Ratings:
    +12
    BIIIIIIRD thx I’ll try elaborate more if I apply a second time

• Like Like x 1
  8. hallucinationman

Ratings:
    +12
    ok I’ll try it out

• Like Like x 1
  9. Duck_on_Quack

Ratings:
    +292
    Hey Hallucinationman,

We have decided to reject this application. If you would like feedback please contact staff. You may reapply in 14 days.

Thanks!

10. ILagWithShaders

ILagWithShaders Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +228
    F

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Zoppy_

Zoppy_ Member

Ratings:
    +158
    F.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. ILagWithShaders

ILagWithShaders Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +228
    Wait wait wait. This is all a hallucinationman. We must gain out consciousnesses back

• Like Like x 1
  13. hallucinationman

Ratings:
    +12
    Dont fight it :)

• About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.