Group Chat / Multiple Private Messages

Discussion in 'Ideas and Feedback' started by WizardBard, Jun 11, 2020.

?

Would you be in favor of a system like this?

1. Yes

60.0%
  2. No

40.0%
  1. WizardBard

WizardBard Member

Ratings:
    +72
    Hello!

My name is WizardBard and I'm a pretty new player on Ruinscraft, specifically MCAtlas. While I've only been playing for about 3 weeks, I've noticed an issue with the chat system in its current state. As of right now, many players are often getting into conflicts in chat, and these conflicts can get quite heated. Whether over in game issues, or political differences, these fights flood the chat with lots of messages, making it hard to communicate. While many players suggest that the two sides move the chat to private messages, this isn't always feasible as 3 or more parties can be involved in these debates. Thus the messages are confusing, and often the conversations will work their way back into the global chat, once again flooding it with messages. I have seen many community members voice their displeasure over these debates, and I believe that actions should be taken to help limit the flooding which these fights cause.

My proposed solution to this would be a form of group chat, or a private messaging system which can send to multiple people at once. This way when two groups began a verbal conflict it can be contained within a private system, and players not involved nor interested in these debates won't be subject to the chat flood they cause. This system could also be beneficial for a group of players who are friends in game, but aren't in the same town or nation.

-WizardBard

(P.S. I don't know if this has been suggested before, if so I'm sorry)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. whitetiger131

Wiki Editor

Ratings:
    +468
    haha discord go brrr

• Like Like x 1
  3. WizardBard

WizardBard Member

Ratings:
    +72
    B-b-but not every has discord!!!! ahhhhhhhhhh my idea ruined

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. whitetiger131

Wiki Editor

Ratings:
    +468
    haha

• Like Like x 1
  5. windows_virus

Retired Staff Wiki Editor

Ratings:
    +691
    MCMMO has a party chat feature which is good for groups. Although, most people are unaware of it and don't use it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. _coolbird

_coolbird Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +285
    Also its annoying cause you have to wait like 10 minutes before its unlocked

• Like Like x 1
  7. windows_virus

Retired Staff Wiki Editor

Ratings:
    +691
    No, you just have to level up any skill.

• Like Like x 1
  8. FrenchieCB

FrenchieCB Member

Ratings:
    +107
    How dare you say that people don't want to hear my super cool political opinion!!1!!!

• Like Like x 2
  • About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.