Accepted god_ferny Staff Application #5

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by god_ferny, Feb 14, 2020.

1. god_ferny

Helper

Ratings:
    +9

1) What is your Minecraft username?
    My IGN is god_ferny, I don't intend to change my name.
    https://namemc.com/profile/god_ferny.1

2) What is your age and timezone (GMT format preferred)?
    I am currently 15, and my time zone is Central Time (GMT-6).

3) How long have you played here on Ruinscraft?
    I’ve been playing for almost two and a half years now.

4) In what ways have you helped people on the server?

Helping players is something that I’m always looking to do, most of the time its giving guidance and advice with commands and sometimes building, this is usually easy due to previous experience with plots squared. It basically comes down to:

1. When they are a new player and need help with commands and learning a new server’s nuances.
    OR:
    2. When there’s chat flood or harassment situation going on, and staff needs to be notified so the situation can be defused and taken care of.

5) In what ways would you improve the server?

I would help the server in these ways:

1. Brining Co-Owner plots back is something I do hear about in my time playing. so I think this should come back. There are some flaws to this, although like having a VIP member being a co-owner this could give the “member” the ability to use all the VIP flags and plot features.

2. Adding a voting system for new features would be nice to see. This could give the community ways to add things and improve the servers without the staff having to think of it. But this could also be exploited with bots and alts so this is something that would need to be cared for.

3. Name colors in global would be a neat addition. This would give people a little more customization in chat and would be a nice little VIP feature to add. However, this could also make it hard to read names and just be obnoxious so giving it to everyone would be quite annoying.

4. Custom rename plugins would be a great thing for VIPs. There are some low profile plugins out there to rename and relore items. I don’t seem to see many downsides other than this could make some features useless, like custom speed enchants for example.

5. Automated skyblock store. This could help the Skyblock store become more alive, since players never sell on the store. A nifty feature would be so people can set up stores for no cost on their islands.

6) Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?

I have on a fewer smaller servers, like MainWolf, NewAndFluffy, NekoParadise, and some others I can't remember the names or IPs of. This has given me some past experience, though it may not be good experience, it was enough to learn a bit about plugins and moderating to the extent that I know all of the basic moderating duties, like warning players that have broken the rules. I also gained skills that will apply to a larger server.

7) Why should we choose you over anyone else?

A big advantage I have is how often I’m online. I’m able to be on when most others are not, and my dedication to help will also make me wanna be online even more active. I do have experience on most plugins and can always learn new ones, in addition to that I am trying to learn Java and C++ . I also work well together with some pre-existing staff members.
    Honestly, RC is my main server on Minecraft, and it's where I spend most of my MC time, along with Ruinscraft being where i have made a lot of my friends. This server is a place I love and really want to see grow into a bigger and better server.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. a_cool_pole

a_cool_pole Member

Ratings:
    +47
    Very exquisite appliciation. I hope you will get accepted as a Staff :).

3. a_cool_pole

a_cool_pole Member

Ratings:
    +47
    Congratulations!!!

4. soverhs

soverhs New Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Congrats!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. SpectreLegion

Helper

Ratings:
    +55
    Congratulations, Ferny! Welcome to the team!

6. PVP_Builder

Ratings:
    +131
    Congratulations! Welcome to the team, my dude!

7. Malyesa

Helper

Ratings:
    +31
    Yippee!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  • About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.