Rejected Frenchie's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by FrenchieCB, Aug 28, 2020.

1. FrenchieCB

FrenchieCB Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +270
    1) What is your Minecraft username?

My username is FrenchieCB, I’m not planning on changing it.

2) What is your age and timezone (GMT format preferred)?

I’m 16, I Am GMT +02:00 (France)

3) How long have you played on our servers?

I’ve started playing MCAtlas in April. I’ve played on MCAtlas for more than 4.5 months almost every day, except for my 10 days ban and my small vacation at the start of August.

4) In what ways have you helped people on the server?

To begin with, I’ve helped new players to get in touch with the game by providing them information about commands, what are the goals a player can have on MCAtlas, how to sustain a town, or join one (I usually do that in MSGs). If a player joins my town I give them useful items and a house so they can have a good start.

Then, I’ve been a moral support/Kind Person with many people on this server. I always enjoy talking with my friends and if anybody feels bad, I always take time to ask them what’s wrong and help them as much as I can.

Also, I have provided many materials for free or at a very reduced cost to people who planned/are planning on making a very ambitious Public Project that overall makes the server looks way nicer. For example, I’ve given a lot of stacks of Stone/Andesite to Gaareth to help him make his artificial islands project.

Finally, as a continuation of the first part. I usually answer questions in the chat (global or nation), whether it’s about the Towny Plugin, MCmmo, gold or anything else, I always try my best to help people with their questions by explaining in details where they can find gold, how they can grind certain stats or simply how to claim!

5) In what ways would you improve the server?

Firstly, I’ll continue to help people by providing them tips and information. I’ll also make sure to remain friendly toward everyone and as neutral as possible. The Helper’s first goal should be to make sure everybody has a good time playing a friendly non-toxic server!

My first idea to improve the server would be the creation of a hub on MCAtlas. I’ve seen many other towny servers having a hub, and frankly, I think it’s a good idea. On that Hub, there would be the main commands a player would need to know to get started, some tips: per example: « Gold deposits are related to IRL locations », and then the rules! It would seriously improve how new players see the server and prevent them from getting aggressed by dozens of MSGs once they say « Hey I’m new! »

My next idea is the implementation of the « /t deposit all » command. As a miner, I can understand the frustration some can feel while doing multiple /t deposit command just because some stacks are remaining. It’s overall frustrating, stupid and it takes an unnecessary amount of time. The Command would instantly deposit all the gold you have in your inventory into your town/nation bank!

Also, another idea would be the creation of a « /Plot Spawn ». It would work like that :

-Firstly you enter /P Spawn

-Secondly, you enter the town in which you have a plot, per example, Tianjing, /P Spawn Tianjing

-(Optionally) If you have multiple plots in that said town, you enter a number, that number will represent the different plots in order of Acquisition, if you enter 1, it’ll be the first plot you acquired in that town, etc…

Finally, my last idea would be a very special plugin that could be worked on (not for now of course, as I know the admin team is pretty busy). It would be called "Dukexchange". Basically, it would be a gold exchange plugin. It would be a complete revamp of the "player bank account" that would permit to exchange large sums of money very very easily. There are multiple steps:

- The creation of your bank account, pretty understandable, you enter a command, you have 100 gold or so on you, and boom, you created your bank account.

-Depositing and Withdrawing money on your bank account. You do /Player Deposit/Withdraw "Amount".

-Exchanging money between players. Another command, per example /Player give "Amount" "Player". Pretty understandable, you enter an amount of gold, then the name of the player, a warning tells you if you really want to give the amount of money in the chat, there are 2 options, "yes or no", you click yes and boom, it'll transfer the said amount of money directly to a player's personal account. Then this said player does whatever he wants with that money.

Overall, this could be a very great idea for trades, it would permit to do very quick trades, very safely, and it would greatly simplify town inhabitants' lives, as they would now not need to stock their gold in chests, but simply on their personal account!

This last idea should be considered as a "prototype", I know the staff team is actually busy working on other plugins but I just thought it would maybe be a nice small idea that wouldn't take much time to code. (Thanks to Sovietice with whom I spoke with about this idea!)

6) Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?

Sadly I don’t have any previous staff experience on a Minecraft server. But I’ve watched several french YouTubers showing the side of being a helper and how to do a good job at it.

7) Why should we choose you over anyone else?

Firstly, I think I should be staff because of my knowledge and activity on the server, while I started playing MCAtlas only 5 months ago, I am a very active player who spends most of its free time on it. During those 5 months, I’ve met both amazing and not-so-amazing people, I’ve learned about how to deal with young, old, English speaking and non-English speaking people, and as a big town owner, I know how to organize things to make sure everything goes smoothly for everyone.

Secondly, my personality, I usually am a very happy and dedicated person, I love to learn and teach things from/to everyone. I almost always learn from my mistakes and I think it’s important that as a human being, you try to always be a better person. That’s why I don’t like punishing someone at their first infraction, I always prefer to tell the person in front of me what’s wrong and make them understand that their behavior should change before punishing them, and of course, if they do the infraction again, the punishment shall come, but I think it would generally increase the Playerbase’s opinion of the staff, Helpers should be seen as a helpful and comprehensive member more than an admin’s punishment handling slave.

While I of course have my downside, more importantly about political debates, I try to get myself less and less involved in those, and as a helper, I would stop debating people about politics. It’s toxic and it usually leads to both sides insulting each other. I also can adapt myself easily to most situations to give fair treatment to everybody and be sure nobody is let down by the staff. The reduction of general toxicity in chat will be my main goal, and as somebody active, it’ll be easier for me to detect such behavior.

Finally, It has been noticed that European Timezone, and most importantly during the afternoon/night, is mostly without any moderation, letting mass spams, insults, and general toxicity left unpunished. While this is perfectly understandable with the current lack of active Helpers, it should be one of our highest priorities right now, and as an active helper, I’ll make sure to handle rule-breakers in this timezone.

Also, the only main issue right now would be my inactivity on Discord, due to personal problems with me and my parents, I cannot access Discord every day, and I can do so only 2-4 times a week, however, I can access the forum almost every day at almost every hour (except for when school will begin.), I also can’t speak (micro) on discord, but I don’t think that’s a problem.

To conclude, I hope my application convinced you that I could be a good choice as a helper, and don’t forget to tell me your thoughts on it!

#1 FrenchieCB, Aug 28, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. _coolbird

_coolbird Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +642
    FrenchieCB.

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. FrenchieCB

Ratings:
    +270
    ikr

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. gamer552233

gamer552233 New Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Epic

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. OinkerCertified

OinkerCertified Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +239
  6. sovietice

sovietice New Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I personally think this is a very well done application, the information brought up is very thorough, and you have brought up both the things you want to improve on yourself and in the server. You have brought across some transparency through. The only downside to this is the experience, which is only a month shy off the recommended, in my opinion this is a good application with a formal approach, and is pretty deserving of a staff spot, but once again, i'm not one to judge. :)

• Like Like x 3
  7. FrenchieCB

Ratings:
    +270
    Hey, thank you very much for that very detailed doc. While I may not agree with some things you said, (mostly about adding more stuff that has already been said. It's really really really helpful, mostly about grammar fixing or better sentences! =)

8. FrenchieCB

Ratings:
    +270
    Thank you, Soviet! I'm glad you liked my app. And yeah, the fact that I'm lacking one month could be a problem, but since I was active almost everyday, I think it kinda "balances" that =)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Smilodone

Smilodone Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +200
    optimistic

10. FrenchieCB

Ratings:
    +270
    wdym?

11. ILagWithShaders

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +1,993
    Overall, a decent application. I see some capitalization errors, and I think that the ideas are good, but I have some feedback on them
    MCATLAS Hub: /t spawn HU- I think this would be good, but only if there was actually somewhere to put it. Maybe it could be in a different server separate from MCATLAS, but has the same chat (kind of like HUB before it received KOTL). The messages in the MCATLAS chat that say "[MCATLAS] ---" would be useful there on signs, but I think it would be a lot of reading.
    /t deposit all: An idea suggested a lot by multiple players. It isn't that it won't be useful, but it has been suggested a lot, and the ideas are meant to show of your creativity
    /p spawn: This could work out, and it something original, but I feel that it would kind of ruin the experience a little. If we (as players) could teleport anywhere in towns, it would (in my opinion) kind of ruin the experience of exploring towns & the builds there. I'm not saying this is a bad idea, but as someone who likes to explore, it would kind of make the experience less enjoyable for me.

Also, about the 6 month "rule", it has been stated many times that it is only a suggestion. Even though there has only been 1 staff accepted under 6 months, it would still be helpful to be active for that remaining month or so.

This is probably the first of many responses on a staff app like this lol. I have a feeling that since kami got staff, a lot of Atlas players will apply. If that is true, hopefully you stand out above the rest (this goes to everyone that is applying).

bai

12. Smilodone

Smilodone Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +200
    creative

13. Ieclen

Ieclen Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +612
    I have a very small amount of complaints with this application, love you Frenchie :)
    Format
    There are very few grammatical or nitpicky errors I could find. Here they are anyways though.
    You say "Finally" at the beginning of 2 paragraphs. and you need to un-capitalize the 'It' in the first paragraph that I quoted.
    You could try to balance out 5 a bit more, yeah?
    Honestly, this is NOT at all mandatory but I think it would be nice if you changed 5 from only ideas or other, into something more of a blend of both interpretations. You talk about this in 7, however I feel it could live a better life in 5, you know?
    If you have any real life experiences with leadership, give 'em to 6!
    This is pretty self explanatory.. hehe.

TL;DR
    This is a good application. All things aside. I see no glaring issues. All I have is suggestions to maybe give it a bit more kick, you know? Thanks for always being my friend Frenchie, and goodbye!

-iecl out

14. FrenchieCB

Ratings:
    +270
    Hey! Thanks for your reply. While of Course it is necessary for a helper to show it's creativity. I think it's also good a helper actually grabs ideas that are requested by the people. It shows that you care about people's opinions and that you're ready to listen to their request and propose it to the admins. Also, for the plot system, you'll be able to only tp to YOUR plots, not somebody else, Only yours. the 3/5 seconds waiting time would still apply and if you take damage, it would simply cancel your teleportation

15. FrenchieCB

Ratings:
    +270
    Hey Iecl, thanks for your reply! Thank you for your ideas. I'll be sure to take them into account if this one is rejected!

16. xDeadPine

xDeadPine New Member

Ratings:
    +19
    GL you would be good staff

17. FrenchieCB

Ratings:
    +270
    Thanks Deadpine! ^^

18. _coolbird

_coolbird Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +642
    Xdeadpine lol

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. _68419_

_68419_ New Member

Ratings:
    +28
    This staff application is pretty good, but there are a few things you can improve on:

Play on MCPlots more. Usually, when I go alting on MCPlots to see if my plot has been griefed or not, I don't usually see you, FrenchieCB. Maybe go and play on MCPlots a bit more, you would familiarise yourself with players who usually play on MCPlots.

I also think you could add in one more idea.

Overall, this is a fairly good staff app, good job on it!

- _69420_

20. Izer_

Izer_ Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +1,002
    shut up banned

• Like Like x 1
  • About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.