Rejected FlipityFlopo's Helper Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by FlipityFlopo, Jul 30, 2020.

1. FlipityFlopo

FlipityFlopo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    1. Minecraft Username
    FlipityFlopo​
    2. Age and Time Zone
    I am 19 years old, and my timezone is GMT -05:00, in other words U.S. Central​
    3. How long have I played on this server
    I have played on the MCAtlas server for about a year.​
    4. In what ways have I helped people
    I have helped countless souls within the server. I have helped people with numerous tasks, such as building and helping people learn the game of Minecraft. I preach positivity and respect to the people that deserve and are kind to me. I have also helped out a neighbor with flattening a hill for him and working together as equals.​
    5. How would I improve the server
    I would improve the server by being a positive force for the community. I stand by helping people and finding the truth. I bring a sense of maturity over most MC players for obvious age reasons and can help the younger folk out with any problems they may be having in game or just in general life. I am also openly gay and I would be able to help out any brothers or sisters that are apart of my community to feel at home and enjoy their time here.​
    6. Other server experience
    I have had a role as a moderator on a server that is solely a randomly generated survival multiplayer server. I also have a job in life, so I would feel as though that counts for experience.​
    7. Reason I should be chosen
    I should be chosen because I am a very positive person. I also bring the maturity to a MC server, that most likely has a audience that is of the younger age range. I will be able to help out many people with my expert knowledge of the game and my years that I have over the other members of the server. I will do my best to solve problems and resolve them peacefully with both parties happy. Did I mention, I am also openly gay which will allow the LGBTQ+ community to feel more safe here as they know one of their members is apart of the team to help out with issues. ​

2. Izer_

Izer_ Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +973
    Looks alright, but it's pretty short just like north. I also recommend some more forums experience, and Discord as well, if you don't already, to help familiarize yourself with the community.

3. Demadunk

Demadunk New Member

Ratings:
    +16
    It's an alright application, but a few criticisms--

Stating that you were openly gay is perfectly fine, but stating it twice makes it come off like you're trying to use it as a primary reason why you should be staff. I really doubt that's the reason but it made it seem that way. In addition #5 is meant for ideas as I learned about from my previous staff app. I'd think about 4,5, and 7 longer next time, flesh it out and balance the application out with things that feel more significant. I'm sure you've done more significant stuff than this in a year, you just have to put it down.

....plus, some spacing in-between the questions wouldn't harm you, makes it feel less blocky.

4. PVP_Builder

Ratings:
    +1,151
    FlipityFlopo,

Thank you for applying. We regret to inform you that we are going to reject this application. You may reapply in two weeks.

5. Ieclen

Ieclen Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +326
    HI IM IECL U DONT KNOW ME BUT I LOVE U AND IM GONNA REVIEW UR APP NOW!!!
    Format
    What I see here is disorientating for me, it looks fine however because of the trends that have been set up in many other applications this one stands out a lot. Most people copy the exact wording of royal's message, but idk lol
    y u so dramatic????
    ok this is more of a nitpick, but it sort of feels like you are trying to seem poetic... you refer to players as souls, and later that you are apart of the LGBTQ+ community, I know you probably had great intentions with this.. but it makes you seem like you are trying to appeal to people as a player, and it doesn't seem very professional to me. Try seeing some accepted applications to see what level of professionality is expected.
    It isn't a wrong interpretation but..
    Number 5 is strange to me! Mainly because the usual jist that people get from it is cracking down on toxicity, ideas for the server, or taking loads off of current staff etc. For what it is it's pretty well made, relative to my last section.
    You should put your real life job in 7, not 6 >:(>:(
    I would say your real life job would be better fit in your 7th question. In your 7th question, try to install a bit of putting your personality traits in there. Convert your experience into positive and productive traits you posses.

I didn't take too much time to write this down.. I'm sorry I'm lazy :( if you need any specific advice you better dm me on discord

You have lots of potential! And so does the application! I'd say take 2 or 3 months to become a member of the community as well as the forums and discord areas. GL!!!! I STILL LOVE U

6. Izer_

Izer_ Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +973
    shup shup shup shup!!!! >:( >:(

7. Ieclen

Ieclen Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +326
    A
    aAWQd awd awdw a

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Malyesa

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +115
    Hi Flipity human here's more feedback because I like writing these

In my opinion you should add more detail overall (I understand it being short and sweet is good too, and that detail is a little vague).

#5 is often mistaken for what you'd bring to the server through moderation - this is more for number 7. Instead, #5 should mainly focus on game updates you'd like to see added - be creative.

You seem mature and open, which is great. I've played MCAtlas and been very active for a while (not so much now, though) and have never seen you online or seen your name in chat. Being more active in the chat, discord, and the forums will help.

9. Emperyia

Emperyia Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +278
  • About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.