Accepted Fieldsmarshall's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Fieldsmarshall, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Fieldsmarshall

Helper

Ratings:
    +3
    1) What is your Minecraft username?

My Minecraft username is Fieldsmarshall, it is the only one I have used since joining Ruinscraft.

2) What is your age and timezone (GMT format preferred)?

I am 18, and although my timezone is AEST (GMT +10), I usually have a schedule closer to GMT +8.

3) How long have you played here on Ruinscraft?

Unfortunately, I have only been playing MCAtlas (and Ruinscraft) since December 18th, making the time played a little less than two months. (I had troubles with confirming my email address, so I delayed my creation of the forum account until much later).

4) In what ways have you helped people on the server?

Besides the usual “inviting new members to town and introducing them rules” practice, I regularly go around and collect the trash items from other towns to decrease the inconvenience of other players. I also have a (small) habit of donating things to those in need, especially if they are raw resources my town has. This did create some problems of town resource shortage but I believe that others need materials more than our town and I should assist them in creating their separate legacies on the server by saving them time to trade/acquire resources.

In another way, you could say that a lot of my playing times are to help bolster other members’ experiences on the server. I tend to try and maintain chat activity and occasionally restrain members from being too offensive or overreact. Numerous projects I launched in recent times are also mainly to improve the unity between server members across nations in those aggressive times. I would say that an underlying motive to create the Tsarbucks is to let members appreciate each other and become more friendly to one another, whilst enjoying simple pleasures instead of warring one another for power or territory.

5) In what ways would you improve the server?

As first impressions are the most important, I hope to improve the first impression of the MCAtlas server by constructing a hub for newcomers to spawn in. I remember my first encounter in the server was a flooded chat filled with invites to towns and desperate persuasion from more seasoned players. This could create a negative impression to the newcomers, who would almost certainly be confused, panicked, and heavily influenced into decisions. By creating the “hub”, newcomers can get to know the basic rules and observe the world before actively participating, instead of just being blindly thrown into the middle of the action. This could also be further enhanced by opening chunks for towns to advertise and provide a taste of their communities to newcomers. This project (though large in scale) could help in reducing polarisation between competing groups and unify the server in doing common projects.

Also, I believe that a “common trade market” area could be hosted somewhere. I believe that Trade should be as unrestricted as possible, so “tp-ing” to many different towns for resources would be seen as inconvenient. I would suggest something similar to the creative plots in terms of operation, but incorporating MCAtlas shops into one large “marketplace”. Perhaps those shops could even be operated without the presence of a shop keeper (automatic trading via red stone contraptions).

I would also strongly suggest the creation of Festive events and relating textures/gifts. I am aware that many before me had also included this idea in their applications, so I believe that it is an improvement worth prioritising given its frequent appearance in forums. I would recommend sources like Planetminecraft for reference to organise Festive events, which brings a sense of joy, community harmony and new spurs of energy into server players (instead of repetitive power struggles).

Last but not least, I would like to include a wild and ambitious idea for the future of the server. The End Dimension could theoretically become the “moon” of MCAtlas and members could settle those unpredictable lands and turn them into thriving communities.

6) Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?

Unfortunately, I haven’t been staff on any public servers. However, I was the trustable admin for many servers my friends hosted, and my compassionate yet firm stance as an upholder of rules and unity gave me the nickname “The nice admin” (I know, it doesn’t sound cool).

I have also moderate at least two hundred Discord servers, bringing in my “nice admin” behaviour to moderation. It worked splendidly against rule-breakers and offensive materials, but ultimately most servers ended in inactivity.

7) Why should we choose you over anyone else?

I am well known for my rational judgements, which are mainly because of my high resistance against personal insults and escalating conflicts. I only make judgements based on solid evidence and in an objective manner, shunning any potential emotion clouding over my decisions. However, this firm attitude also has another side: compassion. I am very tolerant of others and would greatly assist anyone to the maximum extent should time allow me. In other words, I am kinda chill, have a cool head in judgements, and would assist others the whole way.

I am also very good at compromising and softening down tensions, which mainly come from my extensive experiences during my previous involvements in Discord mock nation universes. Skills learnt from there are especially useful in MCAtlas (which I predominantly play in Ruinscraft), as structures and interests are highly similar.

My experiences and adventures in other servers gave me plenty of ideas and tactics to host Festive events competitively as well as to harmonise rivalling factions into community projects (which generally ease tension and builds cooperation between members). This also facilitated in my strong sense of community unity and inclusion of every member in our happy group of players, which means that I will also be very welcome to newcomers. If possible, I hope to tour them through the “hub” idea I stated earlier and help them form their independent thinking.

Lastly, I am very dedicated to the server and come online often. I usually come the MCAtlas Minecraft server for 3-4 hours a day and 5-6 days a week, using my remaining spare time to regularly check all MCAtlas channels in the Ruinscraft server to keep myself updated. During my time of activity, there are little helpers online and members are generally disorientated and fragmented, sometimes resorting to vile language and/or practices. I hope to serve my part and cover my shift in this time, bringing order, harmony and activity to the servers and beyond.

Thank you for reading through my application, I appreciate the time you spent on this and wish you a good day/night.

#1 Fieldsmarshall, Feb 10, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Malyesa

Helper

Ratings:
    +31
    Welcome to the team mate!

3. Fieldsmarshall

Helper

Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks Malyesa!

• Like Like x 1
  4. PVP_Builder

Ratings:
    +131
    Welcome to the team, my guy :)!

• Like Like x 1
  • About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.