ferny's staff app #4 techincally

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by ExpertFern26253, Dec 3, 2019 at 10:37 PM.

1. ExpertFern26253

ExpertFern26253 New Member

Ratings:
    +4
    do note:
    i had to use google docs due to me being away from home for a bit and had no access to the rc forums i'm sorry for this

1) What is your Minecraft username?

god_ferny

2) What is your age and timezone (GMT format preferred)?

Age 15, time zone central GMT-6

3) How long have you played here on Ruinscraft?

two and a half years

4) In what ways have you helped people on the server?

Helping players is something that im always looking to do, most of the time its giving guidance and advice with commands and sometimes building (im not the best builder lol), this is usually easy due to previous experience with plots squared. it basically comes down to

1. they are a new player and need help with commands and learning a new server
    or
    2. there is chat flood or harassment and staff needs to be notified and the situation be defused and taken care of

5) In what ways would you improve the server?

Section 1 plots

Co-owner plots :

Benefits :

Benefit 1: this could make it really nice for new players to learn from more experienced players being able to teach how to use flags (but refer to flaw 1 under flaws for a good flaw of this)

-example: a new player could ask a vip 1-8 for help

Flaws :

Note these flaws could all be fixed
    Flaw 1: This would be super nice to have again since it allowed rp plots to run 24/7 but this could be exploited to if a vip 1-8 was a co-owner and they had access to flags they could do things to the plot that a member couldn't

-example: member couldn't /p flag set time 12000 but the vip could

Flaw 2: griefing would be a big issue since they could trust players and the original owner wouldn't know, in addition to that the co-owner could possibly /p clear

-example 1: the co-owner gets on while the original owner was off to /p clear and erase everything

-example 2: the co-owner could trust an alt or a friend and have them clear the plot to avoid any punishment towards them

/nick and name colors in global or maybe like a custom tag

Benefits :

Benefit 1: this would make chat feel a lot more alive and give people more customization towards themselves this could be implemented into vip ranks so its not full of spam and i mean the higher ranks like 6-8

Flaws:
    If this was available to every and had no censorship well you could see were this would go, inappropriate names and etc would be out of hand but the colors wouldn't be too much of an issue just limit the colors people could use like no black and if their name was changed completely this could cause issues knowing who is who for staff so i would say something like being able to toggle rp name in global

Section 2 Skyblock

Auto miners:

Benefits:

Benefit 1: this would take the back breaking grind off of getting really high tier armor sets

-example: getting diamonds wouldn't take 4 years of sitting and holding left click

Flaw 1: this could cause serious lag if someone were to abuse it properly

-example: a wall of auto miners could cause to many blocks to break in a short amount of time and could cause build up of blocks

Flaw 2: if a high level player were to give this to a newb they could become very powerful in a short amount of time

-example: a new player could put this down and log off not to return

Custom Armors:

Benefits:

Benefit 1: new armors could do alot for the server like extending the end game turning just getting full diamond in 20 min to getting a full dragon armor in 15 hours and it could feel a lot more rewarding to get this high due to diamonds alone not being to powerful but to counteract these being so powerful the grind for the needs to be hard and long but worth it in the end making the effort you put in worth it

flaws:

Flaw 1: if these armors are not balanced they could be a nightmare in pvp and could make someone lose instantly if a buff is to high

-example: an armor set i made while playing around made it to where the user with the full set had strength 3 and could fly meaning the user was very powerful

6) Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?

I have on a fewer smaller server mainwolf, newandfluffy, some others I can't remember the names of but this has given me some past experience, though it may not be good experience but it was enough to learn a bit

7) Why should we choose you over anyone else?

A big advantage i have is how often im online, since my sleep schedule is non existent i am able to be on when most others are not, and my dedication to help will also make me wanna be online even more active. I do have experience on most plugins and can always learn new ones, in addition to that i am trying to learn java, c++ and python (python is really easy). also me and some of the other staff already work well together (i dont wanna name them for privacy reasons)
    honestly rc is my main server on mc its where i spend most of my mc time and where i have made a lot of my friends, this server is a place i love and really want to see grow

#1 ExpertFern26253, Dec 3, 2019 at 10:37 PM
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2019 at 12:23 AM
  2. mijo6000

mijo6000 New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Pretty good, but you just need to expand on #4. And format better. (Without docs lol)

3. ExpertFern26253

Ratings:
    +4
    look man i tried on the formatting it was pretty difficult but thanks for the tips

:edit ommggg i didnt relize i didnt finish 4444444

4. PVP_Builder

PVP_Builder Member

Ratings:
    +102
    I would add more detail to #7 as well as fix the grammatical errors. It would also help to not use Google Docs. The formatting was kind of off putting and your answer to #4 was cut off (I assume you using Google Docs is what messed up #4). Also, you seem to be slightly immature with your forum behavior. This isn't a horrible thing for regular players, but considering that you've expressed that you've been actively trying to become staff for a year this could be concerning. Don't take this as a personal attack or anything because I definitely don't mean it that way! I personally think that you seem like a fun guy but your behavior could negatively affect your chances at becoming staff. Now for some of the things I liked about the application. I really liked your answers to #5. The fact that you listed the benefits and the flaws is really awesome. It's also great that you have good relations with the staff. The fact that you have some minor experience with plugins is useful, and from one learning coder to another very cool! Overall, I think that if you focus on shaping a more mature image for yourself and don't use Google Docs you could definitely be a staff member in the future. Good luck!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. ExpertFern26253

Ratings:
    +4
    thanks pvp but google docs was the only thing i could use due to me not being at my pc for a while and yes im not the most serious person and i dont like to be but if the situation calls for it i can be, also i just was being dumb and didn't realize i was missing 4. i will take all of this and make it better as i am doing right now

• Like Like x 1
  6. ExpertFern26253

Ratings:
    +4
    didint mean to send it twice rip

7. robmilkshake

robmilkshake New Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Very, very good application, better than last time. But you wanna add more detail to question 4, and 7. Best of luck!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. PVP_Builder

PVP_Builder Member

Ratings:
    +102
    I see you fixed the issue with #4. Nice! You might wanna add a bit more detail to it and you'll be good.
    You can be as goofy as you want as long as you're able to convince the staff that you'll be good at handling problems. If I were a staff member I wouldn't be 100% convinced.

Basically if you just fix the grammar, add a bit more detail to #4 and #7, and be fully able to convince the staff that you'll be able to handle problems properly then you'll have a pretty solid application. Good luck!

#8 PVP_Builder, Dec 4, 2019 at 9:54 AM
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2019 at 9:33 PM
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Alytra_Unbounded

Alytra_Unbounded New Member

Ratings:
    +23
    Yeah the grammar needs to be improved, the formatting is confusing, and there needs to be more depth and persuasion in this application. Make it professional. Much better than last time though, good job!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. ExpertFern26253

Ratings:
    +4
    there was not much i could do for the formatting due to not having access to the rc forums to type this out i had to use google docs so i could save my progress (easiest way so i could work from my phone) but i am trying to inprove this atm and i should be done in the next few days thanks for the advice tho

• About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.