Accepted Discord Ban Appeal.

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals' started by SpacePoseidon, Jul 31, 2020.

1. SpacePoseidon

SpacePoseidon Member

Ratings:
    +109
    A month or two ago, I got banned from the mcatlas discord server permanently for advertising Xylum Earth.
    This is not a thread to prove that I was somehow innocent, just a request for forgiveness I think. I really just want to check the discord server out due to curiousity, since I basically quit the server a long time ago and don't intend to stay for any server related reasons... also I quit xylum anyways so advertising it there was pointless in the long run. also, the reason was specifically banned was due to me showing the server ip in a gif trailer for the server. this was, however, accidental. I promise that I won't advertise, and most of the RealPolitik playerbase and staff agrees that advertising on other servers when prohibited is a bad idea and only paints the server in a bad light. if I ever advertise again trust me I will not even appeal anymore since I know that I broke a promise and that is unforgivable.
    [​IMG]

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  2. SpacePoseidon

SpacePoseidon Member

Ratings:
    +109
    and this was my first ban, so past offenses do not matter in this situation.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  3. Izer_

Izer_ Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +975
    But past offences don’t necessarily mean bans? So yes they can matter?

#3 Izer_, Jul 31, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. SpacePoseidon

SpacePoseidon Member

Ratings:
    +109
    They don't directly play a factor in the ban, however it plays a factor in whether or not your appeal will be accepted.
    For example, if someone repeatetly spamming on the server despite being unbanned 1 or 2 times, would you accept their 3rd appeal? you wouldn't.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. Izer_

Izer_ Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +975
    What’s your point? Any offences play a part in whether your appeal is accepted, including offences that didn’t result in a ban.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. SpacePoseidon

SpacePoseidon Member

Ratings:
    +109
    That is exactly my point.
    Any offences play a part in whether your appeal is accepted, INCLUDING OFFENCES THAT DIDN'T RESULT IN A BAN.
    I was simply stating that I did not commit any past offences, meaning it doesn't play a part in my appeal getting accepted since it is non existant.

maybe you read my reply wrong?

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  7. _coolbird

_coolbird Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +387
    fakepolitik

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Izer_

Izer_ Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +975
    No, you did not state that you did not commit past offences.
    As you can see, you actually said that you weren’t previously banned, and therefore past offences didn’t matter.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. SpacePoseidon

SpacePoseidon Member

Ratings:
    +109
    what even is your point man. yes I wasn't previously banned, which counts as a past offense therefore past offenses don't matter.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  10. SpacePoseidon

SpacePoseidon Member

Ratings:
    +109
    it wasn't directly stated but it was implied.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  11. Izer_

Izer_ Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +975
    Offences are what you’ve done. Bans are the punishment for larger offences. This seems to be the area where you do not understand what I’m saying. That’s the only point I’m trying to make.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. vampZmainANSIA

vampZmainANSIA New Member

Ratings:
    +40
    Any advertising on the discord is taken seriously. You may only advertise in the advertising channel. Not only did you advertise inappropriately, you advertised a competitor server. This shows me that you had an absolute disregard for the rules and your actions would cause the server to lose players. Other people who advertised like this were perm banned so therefore you should also remain perm banned.
    In addition your long list of offences should be taken into account as it is terrible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. VampZmain

VampZmain New Member

Ratings:
    +26
    Duck_on_Quack already said "You advertised on the discord. That is strictly not allowed"
    So, You should accept your ban.
    Also, why do you even want to go on it since you say you left the server? The discord is for RC players.
    One last thing to say for the toxic people like you.

Your past history is outright disgusting!

SpacePoseidon

Welcome to the vampZmain penitentiary!

Looking up punishment profile for spaceposeidon...
    Kicks (0):
    Warns (21):
    04/23/20 [mcatlas] : chat flood
    04/28/20 [mcatlas] : Continuing Drama
    04/23/20 [mcatlas] : bypassing in russian
    04/23/20 [mcatlas] : bypass
    04/18/20 [mcatlas] : spam
    04/07/20 [mcatlas] : bypass
    04/14/20 [mcatlas] : bypass
    04/04/20 [mcatlas] : minor grief (destroying terrain near town claims)
    05/26/20 [mcatlas] : inappropriate/bypass
    05/30/20 : Bypass - Reported
    04/13/20 [mcatlas] : bypass
    05/31/20 [mcatlas] : inappropriate
    04/22/20 [mcatlas] : Spam
    03/25/20 [mcatlas] : Chat flood
    06/03/20 [mcatlas] : bypass
    07/12/20 [mcatlas] : spam
    04/15/20 [mcatlas] : bypass
    04/29/20 [mcatlas] : inappropriate
    05/31/20 [mcatlas] : chat flood
    03/20/20 [mcatlas] : Fire Griefing
    04/23/20 [mcatlas] : drama continuation
    Mutes (9):
    05/05/20 [mcatlas] [29 minutes 59 seconds] : spam
    05/05/20 [mcatlas] [29 minutes 59 seconds] : spam
    04/23/20 [mcatlas] [9 minutes 59 seconds] : bypass
    04/23/20 [mcatlas] [2 days 23 hours 59 minutes 59 seconds] : Previous spam+ recent offences
    05/30/20 [29 minutes 59 seconds] : inappropriate
    06/01/20 [mcatlas] [5 hours 59 minutes 59 seconds] : inappropriate behavior (report) + previous offenses
    06/06/20 [mcatlas] [6 days 23 hours 59 minutes 59 seconds] : inappropriate + previous offenses
    04/15/20 [mcatlas] [9 minutes 59 seconds] : bypass
    04/29/20 [mcatlas] [5 minutes 10 seconds] : repeated bypass
    Bans (3):
    06/07/20 [mcatlas] [2 hours 5 minutes 17 seconds] : mute evasion using signs
    07/06/20 [mcatlas] [1 day 23 hours 59 minutes 59 seconds] : inappropriate build
    06/17/20 [mcatlas] [4 days 23 hours 59 minutes 59 seconds] : lava trapping

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. SpacePoseidon

SpacePoseidon Member

Ratings:
    +109
    key words "you had an". I used to have a disregard for the rules, and I used to not care. now I don't no more, I see the risks of me being stupid, and how unnecessary it was. also mcatlas players already hated xylum so nobdy moved servers. other people who advertised like this were perm banned, good job figuring that out lmao. in game offenses dont count as discord offenses. perm banned users in-game still have access to the discord.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  15. SpacePoseidon

SpacePoseidon Member

Ratings:
    +109
    yeah it's not allowed, isn't it obvious? and I did accept my ban, and it's been more than a month too. I simply want to look at the discord and check how it's doing right now, I don't see the harm in that. it's not your personal echochamber.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  16. vampZmainANSIA

vampZmainANSIA New Member

Ratings:
    +40
    No, you need to stay perm banned.
    There is a simple reason why. If you are allowed to be unbanned, that sends a message to all those others who think it's okay to advertise on the discord.
    They will think, less of being perm banned because they know in a couple of months they can just ask to be unbanned and say they have changed and won't do it again, when actually they absolutely will as of course you would. How do I know you would, Well simple, you have been punished repeatedly for similar offences and still you never learned to behave or treat others with respect. For example, just look at how many times you were warned for bypass, then even punished for it, yet you still continued.
    You have treated people so badly by being such a bully that you of all people don't deserve another chance.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. VampZmain

VampZmain New Member

Ratings:
    +26
    It's good that you accepted your ban, but just because it's been more than a month doesn't mean you should be unbanned now. That's why it's a perm ban.
    Otherwise you would have received a temp ban.
    What is the point of you 'looking to see how it's doing now' when you are not even playing MCatlas. It's for players and that's why they only give access when you have confirmed your ign code. I have never claimed it as my 'personal echochamber'.
    From your past behaviour it's obvious that you will start causing drama and bully other players like before.
    From how you deal with past punishments it's also obvious that if you saw something you think people need to see, you would advertise without hesitation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. PVP_Builder

Ratings:
    +1,154
    Appeal accepted.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  19. SpacePoseidon

SpacePoseidon Member

Ratings:
    +109
    I would happily continue arguing with you two but the purpose of this thread has been furfilled so there is no need.
    upload_2020-8-2_13-36-42.png

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  20. Hafixion

Hafixion Member

Ratings:
    +170
    man I was about to post a big reply

• Like Like x 1
  • About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.