Rejected Demadunk's Staff Application #4 (Birthday Bash edition)

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Demadunk, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Demadunk

Demadunk New Member

Ratings:
    +70
    1: What is your Minecraft Username?
    My name is Demadunk, It's been my username since i bought the account.
    mine.ly/Demadunk.1

2: What is your age and time zone?
    I'm 21, and my time zone is GMT -05:00 (Otherwise known as central time)

3: How long have you played on the server?
    Since April 3rd, 2020

4: In what ways have you helped the people of the server?
    I've told new players how to do commands whenever they ask or seem misguided, helped newer players get the essentials like food and tools if they say they're new, and helped various players with tasks in the moment by offering help when they come up with an issue. Also, I've known the usual players who play during my time, while letting people know where they can usually get enchantment books from specific villagers in what towns (other than my self-plug) and buying items I would usually need (sand/misc. items) plus overpaying slightly for the players who aren't well off with gold. After all, what's the point in money if you don't spend it to keep commerce flowing?

As of late, I've been buying most if not all vote heads offered to me, plus harassing staff to sell me their vote heads as a half-joke. I'm sure you guys are all well acquainted with me by now.

5: In what ways would you improve the server?

I have a few ideas, I am the guy that likes QoL, so that's what you're going to get shoveled on.

Discord Integration
    I know you already have a Ruinscraft discord bot that acts as the auto-moderation tool, but where I come from, discord integration is being able to operate from discord completely. From where I was, I could do staff commands that didn't require me to be in the game, read the in-game Minecraft chat from a discord channel, and even talk through that same channel and hold an actual conversation. I believe this would not only be an extreme help to the staff who are already struggling to keep an eye on what's going on, but also to the players who wouldn't have to use a mobile app or stay in the game in order to talk in chat.

/portaltime (Shortcommand /pt)
    A simple command, but a really good one. It'll let you know since the last time an end portal has spawned. We don't need a command to tell us if a portal is opened or not because of lightning, but the command would both help us know in what time since the last portal we can figure out the next potential portal on our own, but also to know when a portal might close when it is active
    EXAMPLE
    /portaltime (during an inactive portal)
    "The last portal has opened 14 hours 36 minutes ago."
    /portaltime (during an active portal)
    "The last portal has opened 47 minutes ago."

Rewards for Frequent Voters (Vote-Streak system)
    Essentially, it's something that will reward players for continuing to vote every day.
    In addition to the normal rewards (R.I.P the value of dragon head & shulker shell rewards) voting on at least 2 of the sites every day (because we all know one of the vote sites is a bit jank) will keep a record of your vote that will in turn reward the player with a chance of a different kind of reward (not the usual vote rewards) such as having a 1/10 chance to get a sponsor vote head, or the chance to get a shulker box with a kit inside (building materials such as packed ice to save the environments, Redstone kits to help players get creative with their towns, or even wool to help newer players get beds so that they can spawn).

I'd say the max streak would be 10 days, and at ten days you'd get a guaranteed vote streak reward. The way to balance this out would be as soon as someone gets a vote streak reward (where the chance starts at day 2) it gets reset.

Eject (shortcommand /e)
    Ejects all players out of your town. Very useful when you want to get players that have been harassing you out of your claims! it's up to staff if you want to have /eject to either warp them to the borders or to the respective player's town spawns (where town-less people would have the effect of teleporting to a random point on the map). Could be either sponsor exclusive or not.

in addition to the ideas, I have extensive experience in stalking players. Having me around would mean those people trying to make that dupe stash will have a much harder time when they are taking second guesses sponsor head stalker Demadunk is lurking.
    6: Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?
    Not in Minecraft, but over six years in Terraria as a moderator at first but then an administrator for at least 5 of those years.

(For proof, either go to Yamahi.eu. From there you can investigate my involvement on the discord as well.)

7: Why should we choose you over anyone else?
    I'm very tech savvy, have had many cheaters punished in my five years courtesy of myself; and tend to be very thorough when going through a situation. (Checking alts, investigating further after punishment, and handled people with hacked Terraria clients and difficult situations along the way.)

To put it into layman's terms, I'd try to be as thorough with every report as possible.
    In addition, I've helped my nation handle disputes between members to keep things civil; granting me helper would only let me spread my mediator and one-on-one discussions with troubled players.

Cheers for reading, feel free to give critique of my ideas or my application in general so I can have an even better one next time.
    (Note: Pursuing life is more dangerous than living in pursuit. :^) )

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Bunny_Rabbits

Bunny_Rabbits Member

Ratings:
    +258
    No, this guy would not make a good member of staff, He will be biased and he uses coercion on people to get what he wants.

So this guy thinks it's good to do this.
    I don't like the LForLeeeeeeX wall of shame, but that's just my opinion.
    What Demadunk is doing though, is just adding to the problem getting involved with it like this. It's not a sensible staff point of view if you want to diffuse a problem.
    I think his meg thread idea was good but biased from the start. It needed to be a place for us all to have our say in a neutral place. As you can see though it hasn't worked on ether side.

Another thing I want to mention is how unreasonable this guy is in dealing with issues amongst the players.
    Jhon_Bean went to the end one day and died when the dragon came. He returned to the End to try and retrieve his stuff along with the resources he had collected there. When he returned, he saw what he thought was his stuff and collected it.
    Immediately a player began attacking him forcing him to leave the end, but at least he had retrieved his kit or so he thought. It actually belonged to SplayBlowfish who came demanding it's return. Jhon could not return again to see if his own kit was still there so he offered a deal to share the loss with splay and sell his kit back to him for half its value. The deal was done and completed.
    Demadunk enemied the Atlantic nation because he believed Jhon had kept an elytra. We investigated the situation and even made Jhon show us the content of the chests. No elytra was to be found. Demadunk was offhand with dogbat and would not be reasonable at all. To solve it, I had to go and mine 2.5k gold and give to Jhon to refund it to Demadunk. Okay, at least that should have been the end of it but no.
    Demadunk added Jhon to the plans hit list to be killed by the plan on site. Even though we resolved the issue completely for them. Jhon didn't even have to give anything back at all.
    So, Demadunk, you certainly don't help players on the server. The plan that you led was an example of how you bullied people in order to hog the resources at the end and take peoples kit when you and your mob killed them.
    The plan that you supported and led might have been great for you but gave little thought to new players or existing ones who wanted to try the end for themselves.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. DaffyHat

DaffyHat New Member

Ratings:
    +25
    why did you just copy the thing?

4. hallucinationman

hallucinationman Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +374
    I like the improvements from last time. Not sure about /eject tho it would ruin a lot of the stuff that goes on action wise on mcatlas. Solid 9/10

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bunny_Rabbits

Bunny_Rabbits Member

Ratings:
    +258
    Because he just very recently made an app, and this is still relevant to it. I also added to it.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. paleles

paleles New Member

Ratings:
    +26
    Some good commands however the eject one might be a little bit eh. And if staff are denying the other applications due to his name being mentioned in the doings of me and a few others (despawning etc) he was never apart of anything like that and has always tried to stay away from stuff that will hurt his reputation as a helpful and good player. I feel he should at LEAST be given a chance at staff seeing as 90% of the staff team is incredibly inactive. Some haven’t touched the server in months. It could definitely help the server with a very active member being put into the position. I feel dema should be considered as a staff, and this isn’t just me saying it cause he’s my friend. I really think he could be a useful asset to the staff team when it comes to activity and aiding players.

edit: another thing I would like to point out is dema had supplied me with starter gear when I returned to the server, despite not even knowing me he opening supplied me with tools and armour.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. DaffyHat

DaffyHat New Member

Ratings:
    +25
    your legit the most biased person here, anyone who criticizes you is automatically some sort of predator preying on the disabled

• Like Like x 1
  8. WizardBard

WizardBard Member

Ratings:
    +206
    No, this guy would not make a good member of staff, He will be biased and he uses coercion on people to get what he wants.

So this guy thinks it's good to do this.
    I don't like the LForLeeeeeeX wall of shame, but that's just my opinion.
    What Demadunk is doing though, is just adding to the problem getting involved with it like this. It's not a sensible staff point of view if you want to diffuse a problem.
    I think his meg thread idea was good but biased from the start. It needed to be a place for us all to have our say in a neutral place. As you can see though it hasn't worked on ether side.

Another thing I want to mention is how unreasonablethis guy is in dealing with issues amongst the players.
    Jhon_Bean went to the end one day and died when the dragon came. He returned to the End to try and retrieve his stuff along with the resources he had collected there. When he returned, he saw what he thought was his stuff and collected it.
    Immediately a player began attacking him forcing him to leave the end, but at least he had retrieved his kit or so he thought. It actually belonged to SplayBlowfish who came demanding it's return. Jhon could not return again to see if his own kit was still there so he offered a deal to share the loss with splay and sell his kit back to himfor half its value. The deal was done and completed.
    Demadunk enemied the Atlantic nation because hebelieved Jhon had kept an elytra. We investigated the situation and even made Jhon show us the content ofthe chests. No elytra was to be found. Demadunk wasoffhand with dogbat and would not be reasonable at all. To solve it, I had to go and mine 2.5k gold and give to Jhon to refund it to Demadunk. Okay, at least that should have been the end of it but no.
    Demadunk added Jhon to the plans hit list to be killed by the plan on site. Even though we resolved the issue completely for them. Jhon didn't even have to give anything back at all.
    So, Demadunk, you certainly don't help players on the server. The plan that you led was an example of how you bullied people in order to hog the resources at theend and take peoples kit when you and your mob killed them.
    The plan that you supported and led might have been great for you but gave little thought to new players orexisting ones who wanted to try the end for themselves

9. aaquamarine

aaquamarine Member

Ratings:
    +117
    dema stalker????

10. Demadunk

Demadunk New Member

Ratings:
    +70
    We know the only reason you're against me is that I don't tolerate some of the behavior you do on the forums, plus while I was debunking L for Lee, helping others prove points that you kept a blind eye to (looking specifically at that bird and house map art, yeah right.), you've been calling Daffy an abusive player and predator. He hasn't broken a single rule and didn't have to even offer to sell your stuff to you, as you tried to ruin others reputations, it's not surprising you're trying to ruin mine.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. hallucinationman

hallucinationman Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +374
    Kami did the exact same thing lmao, I don’t think they care about that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Bunny_Rabbits

Bunny_Rabbits Member

Ratings:
    +258
    Your only saying all this now, why not before? Oh yeah, I know, because I alerted people about you and your shady killing gang profiting at the expense of others your victims loses.

13. _boat_man

_boat_man Member

Ratings:
    +103
    based

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Bunny_Rabbits

Bunny_Rabbits Member

Ratings:
    +258
    You're abusive to people, but you do it in a way that just manages to stay with the rules. Same with DaffyHat as he was in your plan gang. I never claimed that DaffyHat broke the rules, however what he and you do is to prey on people and profit from your victims losses. How is that helping players on this server?
    You certainly are not a good example to others on this server and you will ecourage others to behave in this horrible mean way which ultimately will turn this server into something more like factions rather than a server where you can be safe and just have fun creating your town.

NO, YOU ARE EXPOITING PLAYERS NOT HELPING THEM!

15. _boat_man

_boat_man Member

Ratings:
    +103
    even more based

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Bunny_Rabbits

Bunny_Rabbits Member

Ratings:
    +258
    The only time I interacted with kami, he was respectful and has never treated me or my friends badly.

Do you even know what based is supposed to mean?

17. Demadunk

Demadunk New Member

Ratings:
    +70
    No, I'm good to the players, it's just that you or the ''forum hoppers'' aren't players. You barely play enough to be considered a regular and when you do play you defend legitimate reports on the forums and try to slander player's names. The fact is that you find harassment to players who are against dogbat's actions and against your fake stories to be more fun than playing the game actively. If you want me to recognize you as a player, consider apologizing to the forums for your behavior and offer to change your behavior for the better.

Otherwise, I don't see you as someone the other players would consider playing with. Let alone being nice to you considering how you treat others.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Collardian

Collardian Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +386
    Get real, this guy's a joke.

19. Bunny_Rabbits

Bunny_Rabbits Member

Ratings:
    +258
    Sorry, but I don't think you are because of your lead role in 'The Plan' and that example of how you treated Jhon_Bean.
    I can't play regularly like other players can because of my studies and special needs support. I am entitled to have my say on reports against my family and friends just as you have given yours. I am also entitled to have an opinion on what I feel are other players bad actions.
    I accept that I may not do this in the best way and for that I apologise. I am committed to improving my behaviour to interact with people better on here, discord and the game server itself.

Why is Kami a joke?

• Late Late x 1
  20. _boat_man

_boat_man Member

Ratings:
    +103
    duh

i couldn't find i good meaning to copy and paste but yeah i know the meaning

• About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.