Rejected Demadunk's Staff Application #3

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Demadunk, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Demadunk

Demadunk New Member

Ratings:
    +63
    1: What is your Minecraft Username?
    My name is Demadunk, It's been my username since i bought the account.
    mine.ly/Demadunk.1

2: What is your age and time zone?
    I'm 20, and my time zone is GMT -05:00 (Otherwise known as central time)

3: How long have you played on the server?
    Since April 3rd, 2020....
    Officially six months now!

4: In what ways have you helped the people of the server?
    I've aided towns getting funded out of my own pocket, told new players how to do commands whenever they ask or seem misguided, and helped various players with tasks in the moment by offering help when they come up with an issue. Also, I've been getting to know more of the usual players who play during my time, I've been letting people know where they can usually get enchantment books from specific villagers in what towns (other than my self-plug) and buying items I would usually need (sand/misc. items) from poor players at a generous rate so they can get themselves started in the economy. After all, what's the point in money if you don't spend it to keep commerce flowing?

As of late, I'm also giving out a chest-load of pumpkins to any player that wants it to help celebrate October.

5: In what ways would you improve the server?
    I have a few ideas, I am the guy that likes QoL, so that's what you're going to get shoveled on.

Discord Integration
    I know you already have a Ruinscraft discord bot that acts as the auto-moderation tool, but where I come from, discord integration is being able to operate from discord completely. From where I was, I could do staff commands that didn't require me to be in the game, read the in-game Minecraft chat from a discord channel, and even talk through that same channel and hold an actual conversation. I believe this would not only be an extreme help to the staff who are already struggling to keep an eye on what's going on, but also to the players who wouldn't have to use a mobile app or stay in the game in order to talk in chat.

/portaltime (Shortcommand /pt)
    A simple command, but a really good one. It'll let you know since the last time an end portal has spawned. We don't need a command to tell us if a portal is opened or not because of lightning, but the command would both help us know in what time since the last portal we can figure out the next potential portal on our own, but also to know when a portal might close when it is active
    EXAMPLE
    /portaltime (during an inactive portal)
    "The last portal has opened 14 hours 36 minutes ago."
    /portaltime (during an active portal)
    "The last portal has opened 47 minutes ago."

Rewards for Frequent Voters (Vote-Streak system)
    Essentially, it's something that will reward players for continuing to vote every day.
    In addition to the normal rewards (R.I.P the value of dragon head & shulker shell rewards) voting on at least 2 of the sites every day (because we all know one of the vote sites is a bit jank) will keep a record of your vote that will in turn reward the player with a chance of a different kind of reward (not the usual vote rewards) such as having a 1/10 chance to get a sponsor vote head, or the chance to get a shulker box with a kit inside (building materials such as packed ice to save the environments, Redstone kits to help players get creative with their towns, or even wool to help newer players get beds so that they can spawn).

I'd say the max streak would be 10 days, and at ten days you'd get a guaranteed vote streak reward. The way to balance this out would be as soon as someone gets a vote streak reward (where the chance starts at day 2) it gets reset.
    in addition to the ideas, I'm experienced in tackling problems or bugs and finding workarounds or permanent solutions to issues that the server may have.

(New Edit 10/4/20: I had another idea and in my sleep deprivation I forgot to include it)
    HeadDB Shop
    The head database is a very great plugin, and as I hope this isn't coming across as a selfish request I think it'd be really neat for regular players to spend their hard earned (or scammed) gold ingots to spend by doing /hdb command to pull up all available heads and a flat cost of lets say... 30-100 gold, not dependent on the head, but as a considerable window of gold people should spend on a little decoration item.
    Many towns looking for a little decoration in the form of player heads would be gracious to this QoL addition. of course, you should also be able to allow players to search the database before they want to buy.
    ex: "Searching for a flower basket head" /hdb search "flower basket"
    ex: "Buying a head from the database and using the search filter" /hdb buy "drink" to which they can spend X amount of gold and get the head if they click a head on the /hdb buy plugin if such a thing exists. To prevent accidental purchases, you can make the player DOUBLE click a head to buy, at which point X amount of gold will be taken out of the player's inventory and the head of their choice will be added to their inventory.
    (End of Edit 10/4/20)

6: Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?
    Not in Minecraft, but over six years in Terraria as a moderator at first but then an administrator for at least 5 of those years.

(For proof, either go to Yamahi.eu. From there you can investigate my involvement on the discord as well.)

7: Why should we choose you over anyone else?
    I'm very tech savvy, have had many cheaters punished in my five years courtesy of myself; and tend to be very thorough when going through a situation. (Checking alts, investigating further after punishment, and handled people with hacked Terraria clients and difficult situations along the way.)

To put it into layman's terms, I'd try to be as thorough with every report as possible.
    In addition, I've helped my nation handle disputes between members to keep things civil; granting me helper would only let me spread my mediator and one-on-one discussions with troubled players.

Cheers for reading, feel free to give critique of my ideas or my application in general so I can have an even better one next time.
    (Note: I'm against people making NSFW books, cut that out already!)

#1 Demadunk, Oct 4, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. CationicGolf385

CationicGolf385 New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    yo this dude's pretty cool

3. WizardBard

WizardBard Member

Ratings:
    +186
    while this staff application is very solid it could use some improvement.

Part 1 only says your name. BORING!

Part 2 you lie about your time zone. It’s impossible for it to be -5:00???? That’s not even a time.

Part 3 you say you’ve been playing 6 months but you’ve only played 5. April to May, May to July, July to August, August to September, September to October. That’s only 5 months.

Part 4 Just because you’re nice to broke people doesn’t mean you should be staff

Part 5 All of these commands were stolen from my staff app. Be better.

Part 6 Terraria isn’t a real game you can’t just make it up LMAOOOOOOOOO

Part 7 You make some solid points but staff should definetely accept my application before yours. Get in line kiddo.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. GH5T

GH5T New Member

Ratings:
    +6
    you forgot june lol

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. WizardBard

WizardBard Member

Ratings:
    +186
    Lol that’s not a month??)? Bro what you on?

6. Demadunk

Demadunk New Member

Ratings:
    +63
    Return to monkey

7. GH5T

GH5T New Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Overall a really solid staff app, staff should 100% make this man staff B)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. GH5T

GH5T New Member

Ratings:
    +6
    actually bro you're just dumb lololol B))))))

9. CationicGolf385

CationicGolf385 New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    nvm i change my mind, wizardbard is right

10. Khrushchovno

Khrushchovno New Member

Ratings:
    +7
  11. luca

luca New Member

Ratings:
    +25
    Wizard bard u can’t say anything he’s played longer than u

12. WizardBard

WizardBard Member

Ratings:
    +186
    Who’s dumb now....

Attached Files:

13. WizardBard

WizardBard Member

Ratings:
    +186
    Check my forums join date it’s from June 2020.... Lmao I’ve been playing a lot longer than him

14. luca

luca New Member

Ratings:
    +25
    April comes before June are u dumb

15. WizardBard

WizardBard Member

Ratings:
    +186
    As stated before.... June isn’t a month

Attached Files:

16. GH5T

GH5T New Member

Ratings:
    +6
    ok idot

17. WizardBard

WizardBard Member

Ratings:
    +186
    It’s spelled idioit*

18. GH5T

GH5T New Member

Ratings:
    +6
    ok ijito

19. WizardBard

WizardBard Member

Ratings:
    +186
    >:(>:(>:(>:(

20. hallucinationman

hallucinationman Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +336
    This is a well written staff app but I do have a couple problems with it. The first is that none of the ideas are really original, voting rewards have been on many staff applications and I’ve seen the other 2 ideas be suggested either on a staff app or in the discord. The second problem is for when you help people it’s basically you just giving them free stuff. While that is a good thing to do a lot of people do that too, and I think the bar for staff is higher than just being generous. Other than that all good

• Like Like x 1
  • About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.