Rejected Demadunk's Staff Application #2

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Demadunk, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Demadunk

Demadunk New Member

Ratings:
    +16
    1: What is your Minecraft Username?
    My name is Demadunk, It's been my username since i bought the account.
    mine.ly/Demadunk.1

2: What is your age and timezone?
    I'm 20, and my timezone is GMT -05:00 (Otherwise known as central time)

3: How long have you played on the server?
    Since April 3rd, 2020. Only a few months.

4: In what ways have you helped the people of the server?
    I've aided towns getting funded out of my own pocket, told new players how to do commands whenever they ask or seem misguided, and helped various players with tasks in the moment by offering help when they come up with an issue. Also, i've been getting to know more of the usual players who play during my time, i've been letting people know where they can usually get enchantment books from specific villagers in what towns (other than my self-plug) and buying items I would usually need (sand/misc items) from poor players at a generous rate so they can get themselves started in the economy. After all, what's the point in money if you don't spend it to keep commerce flowing?

5: In what ways would you improve the server?
    I have a few ideas, firstly...

Discord Integration
    I know you already have a ruinscraft discord bot that acts as the auto-moderation tool, but where I come from, discord integration is being able to operate from discord completely. From where I was, I could do staff commands that didn't require me to be in the game, read the in-game minecraft chat from a discord channel, and even talk through that same channel and hold an actual conversation. I believe this would not only be an extreme help to the staff who are already struggling to keep an eye on what's going on, but also to the players who wouldn't have to use a mobile app or stay in the game in order to talk in chat.

/portaltime (Shortcommand /pt)
    A simple command, but a really good one. It'll let you know since the last time an end portal has spawned. We don't need a command to tell us if a portal is opened or not because of lightning, but the command would both help us know in what time since the last portal we can figure out the next potential portal on our own, but also to know when a portal might close when it is active
    EXAMPLE
    /portaltime (during an inactive portal)
    "The last portal has opened 14 hours 36 minutes ago."
    /portaltime (during an active portal)
    "The last portal has opened 47 minutes ago."

Rewards for Frequent Voters (VoteStreak system)
    Essentially, it's something that will reward players for continuing to vote every day.
    In addition to the normal rewards (R.I.P the value of dragon head & shulker shell rewards) voting on at least 2 of the sites every day (because we all know one of the vote sites is a bit jank) will keep a record of your vote that will in turn reward the player with a chance of a different kind of reward (not the usual vote rewards) such as having a 1/10 chance to get a sponsor vote head, or the chance to get a shulker box with a kit inside (building materials such as packed ice to save the environments, redstone kits to help players get creative with their towns, or even wool to help newer players get beds so that they can spawn).

I'd say the max streak would be 10 days, and at ten days you'd get a guaranteed vote streak reward. The way to balance this out would be as soon as someone gets a vote streak reward (where the chance starts at day 2) it gets reset.
    in addition to the ideas, i'm experienced in tackling problems or bugs and finding workarounds or permanent solutions to issues that the server may have.

6: Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?
    Not in Minecraft, but over six years in Terraria as a moderator at first but then an administrator for at least 5 of those years.

(For proof, either go to Yamahi.eu. From there you can investigate my involvement on the discord as well.)

7: Why should we choose you over anyone else?
    I'm very tech savvy, have had many cheaters punished in my five years courtesy of myself; and tend to be very thorough when going through a situation. (Checking alts, investigating further after punishment, and handled people with hacked Terraria clients and difficult situations along the way.)

To put it into layman's terms, i'd try to be as thorough with every report as possible.
    In addition, I've helped my nation handle disputes between members to keep things civil; granting me helper would only let me spread my mediator and one-on-one discussions with troubled players.

Cheers for reading, feel free to give critique of my ideas or my application in general so I can have an even better one next time. >:^)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. BluePixler

BluePixler New Member

Ratings:
    +9
    I'm here to give you some feedback--
    On 3: It's recommended that you play for at least 6 months when applying for staff
    On 5: You forgot (probably) to finish the question
    Discord Integration
    It's a good idea and I'm not saying the owner or administrators won't do it I'm saying that an auto moderating system is already in play and nothing wrong is happening

Everything else looks pretty good :D Good luck on other applications!

3. imnyrsik

imnyrsik Member

Ratings:
    +79
    Damn, didn’t know you are 20.
    Anyways good appeal, and I like the idea about rewards for frequent voters

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. BluePixler

BluePixler New Member

Ratings:
    +9
    I thought i was in ban appeal section for a moment haha

5. Boo_Mac

Boo_Mac Member

Ratings:
    +116
  6. Ieclen

Ieclen Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +334
    Most of this is good stuff, all I have to say right now is the 6 months thing. If you want my advice hit me up in discord dms, I'll make another post.

7. Emperyia

Emperyia Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +284
    put your hands up for detroit (i love the city)

8. Crowblers

Crowblers Member

Ratings:
    +34
    this is a pretty good staff application in my opinion but you have only been playing for 3 months so that could turn out negatively but you would probably be a pretty good staff

9. Malyesa

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +115
    More playtime has been mentioned already, but I'll say it again since it's a very valid point.

You forget to capitalize ' I ' half the time - make sure to use Grammarly or another checker if you need help with this stuff.

Personally this application just doesn't stick out all that much to me - vote streaks for example have been mentioned a lot.

This is a pretty decent application overall, though. I'd be glad to go more into-depth with feedback if you wanted it.

10. Izer_

Izer_ Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +975
    Dema
    Dunk
    Dema
    Dunk
    Minecraft dema
    Du
    nk

11. Demadunk

Demadunk New Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Left shift key broken lol has been for a year (laptop, so can't easily replace the part)

12. Emperyia

Emperyia Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +284
    put your hands up for Detroit (I love the city)

13. Arslan

Arslan Member

Ratings:
    +9
    This staff application sucks. You need to play for more than 6 months, NOOB!!!

xD moment
    Albania moment

14. Arslan

Arslan Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Why did you run over superiorob for? He was only 12!!!!!! >:(

15. Demadunk

Demadunk New Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Let me do my RUINSCRAFT STAFF% speedrun ya goof :^)
    I'm 3 months ahead of the world record!

16. windows_virus

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +748
    Yeah, you seem familiar...

17. Malyesa

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +115
    Right shift is cool too!

18. mijo6000

mijo6000 Member

Ratings:
    +73
    He hasn’t played for 6 months, if u guys accept him you will look like bias fools who don’t follow your own rules

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Izer_

Izer_ Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +975
    Always the bias accusations. Why would the staff even be biased in his favour?

20. mijo6000

mijo6000 Member

Ratings:
    +73
    You neve me know

• About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.