Rejected CrustyLeaves' build team application.

Discussion in 'Build Applications' started by CrustyLeaves, Nov 18, 2018.

1. CrustyLeaves

CrustyLeaves New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    1) What is your Minecraft username?
    CrustyLeaves

2) How long have you been building?
    I have been building since 2014.

3) Are you currently in another build team, or staff position? If yes, where?
    No, but I was a member of the Pantheon build team that built on Ali-a's minecraft server. I was part of the creative staff team as well, and served as a moderator.

4) What is your age and timezone (GMT format preferred)?
    I am 18.
    Timezone: GMT+2 (SAST, South African Standard Time)

5) Why should we choose you over anyone else?
    I believe I should be chosen for the following reasons:
    1. I have immense experience if it comes to building in minecraft. I fell in love with creative building in 2014, and the love hasn't stopped since. I took part in the creation of several maps made by the professional build team named, Pantheon, and there I was taught all the ways of map making, such as all world edit commands and the DASP ( Detail, Atmosphere, Style and Purpose ) building guidelines.
    2. The next reason why I think I would be a profit to the team is because of my vast variety of building styles. I feel that I can cover any type of style, ranging from medieval to fantasy to modern, and I also have a good eye for natural looking organics and terrain.
    3. The final reason why I feel I would fit in perfectly is because of my extreme dedication to building on minecraft. I spend up to 6 hours a day on the server and therefor I believe I would boost the productivity of any current build team tasks.

Kind Regards
    Crusty

6) Please provide some preview of your building abilities (pictures, videos, or WorldEdit schematic files). This is not optional.
    All these builds can be found on my plot:
    https://imgur.com/a/xBDq8sl

#1 CrustyLeaves, Nov 18, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. CrustyLeaves

CrustyLeaves New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I will be making an imgur soon with more showcases of builds.

#2 CrustyLeaves, Nov 18, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  3. PuppetOnAString

PuppetOnAString New Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Woah, that's amazing! I love the Quidditch map you made. I wish you the best of luck!

4. King_Weasel

King_Weasel Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Oooooh nice!

5. CrustyLeaves

CrustyLeaves New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Thank you for the kind reply!

6. CrustyLeaves

CrustyLeaves New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks Weasel!

7. Kristo

Kristo New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I have been doing minecraft builds for about 3 years but your minecraft skills are definitely a lot better than mine. You are the best builder I have ever seen on the server and I hope to see you on the Build team. Good luck!

8. CrustyLeaves

CrustyLeaves New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Thank you so much for the kind words Kristo !

9. Tazer_Lazer

Tazer_Lazer New Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I like some of your builds, but you could improve on your tree building skills. Also, the quiddich build is kindof bland, add a mixture of blocks than just concrete and clay. If you improve in the ways I suggested, your chance of getting accepted will be high.;) Good Luck!

10. Tazer_Lazer

Tazer_Lazer New Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Also, you said you are good at modern, I want to see your modern builds.

11. CrustyLeaves

CrustyLeaves New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for the tips Lazer, ill be adding some modern builds to the imgur soon ;)

12. Grantdrew

Grantdrew Block Spammer
    Moderator Build Team

Ratings:
    +349
    Thank you for applying! Unfortunately, you've been rejected this time around. Your builds and terrain have great promise (Along with that magnificent ship); however, we are not seeing much originality to the build concepts and executions. Explore your creativity and try again using some builds that you're sure would surprise people and make them wonder. Remember you can re-apply after 2 weeks of your last rejection.

• About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.