Creative Infinite and Major Ruinscraft Changes

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by royalkingkb, Nov 12, 2017.

1. royalkingkb

Administrator Developer Wiki Editor

Ratings:
    +538
    Good afternoon!

It’s been quite a while since our initial hint at this project, but we’re finally ready to release the basic info for Creative Infinite. So, here’s the burning question… (please read the entire post, it affects all of Ruinscraft!)

What is Creative Infinite?

In a summary, Creative Infinite is a Creative server inside of a regular Minecraft world, implementing the various features of Creative Plots. Players can claim 16 (subject to change) 32x32 plots of natural terrain, called “claims”, and can gain more of these claims through playtime and other ways. There are no plot roads, so claims are merged automatically if you own two next to each other.

Creative Infinite was designed to be a revised version of our previously popular server commonly known as “Main” or “Freebuild”, which was the original gamemode of Ruinscraft when we first opened to the public in 2012.

If you are familiar with “Main” and familiar with our Creative Plots server, then you will mostly feel familiar with Creative Infinite as it is designed to be a combination of the two. The name Creative Infinite comes from the idea that you are not restricted to a plot of land in an empty, boring flat world, but rather, you are able to venture out and find areas you like and claim them in a normally generated Minecraft world.

[​IMG]

On Creative Infinite, you will default to Creative mode, like Creative Plots, but are able to change to any gamemode you please (survival, adventure, creative, and spectator).

Creative Infinite will be using the same plot management system our current Creative Plots server does (PlotSquared), so you will automatically be familiar with the functionality and all the commands if you are familiar with Creative Plots.

You will be able to build on any claimed land you own, or are added to. You will not be able to build on unclaimed land. Think of it like Creative Plots; you can only build on plots / claims you have permission to.

Much like Creative Plots, we will have a block logging plugin that will allow you to see who has placed or destroyed blocks in the world. Griefing will not be permitted on this server.

In Creative Infinite, you will be able to use WorldEdit, just like you have been able to on our Creative Plots server. We are still allowing unrestricted1 WorldEdit that is accessible without voting, donations, or any other prerequisites. This is something that we value our players have access to. WorldEdit is an essential part of the creative/building experience and we would never hinder our players’ ability to use it freely.

An example of a person building on a single claim on Creative Infinite:​
    [​IMG]

The walls in this image represent the edge of the claim, showing that the claim owner built a wall signifying the edge of where they can build. Claims extend from bedrock to the build height limit.

An example of a person building on 3 claims on Creative Infinite:​
    [​IMG]

1 block is spaced between regular claims -- however, these claims automatically merge if you own two claims next to each other, removing this 1 block gap.

We also plan to incorporate multiple worlds into the server, including the nether, end, and possibly more than one overworld. These alternate worlds may or may not be VIP exclusive.

Many players have requested the popular world manipulation plugin, VoxelSniper. We are currently looking into the possible implementation of this plugin on Ruinscraft but it is uncertain at this time if we will add it.

What other changes will there be?

Ruinscraft Social Update

With the addition of Creative Infinite, we are aiming to create more of an interconnected gameplay experience throughout our network, so that friends and players can talk and work together easily through separate servers. We’ve planned a number of changes to coincide with the release of Creative Infinite, to allow for connected gameplay between each server. These changes are titled the Ruinscraft Social update.Perhaps one of the largest changes of the Ruinscraft Social update that will affect all players is our new chat system. We believe that it is essential to keep the community connected across all of our servers, instead of segregated, with stagnant chats on servers which have little players. For this reason, we have decided to create a cross-server chat which will be active on all servers on Ruinscraft. It will be much like the /global and /local system on our Creative Plots server now. The commands will be the same -- /global will put you in the cross-server chat, and /local will put you in the /local chat, which is different on every server2.

There will options to disable local and global chat if you prefer not to see either of them, just like there is on Creative Plots currently.

Example of global chat (across each server):
    [G] [8] [Builder] foobar > hello world this is global
    Hover over:
    [G]” to see what server the player is on
    [8] / [Builder]” to see what rank the player is if you aren’t familiar with our ranks
    foobar” to see the player’s status message and other information
    hello world this is global” to get access to various message options such as saving the message (viewing it later), reporting the message (sends it automatically to the staff team as a report), and reacting to the message (adding emojis to the message like Discord).​

Example of local chat (server you are currently on, different implementation for each server):

[L] [8] [Builder] foobar > hello world this is local

Hover over:
    [L]” to see how far away the player is from you
    [8] / [Builder]” to see what rank the player is if you aren’t familiar with our ranks
    foobar” to see the player’s status message and other information
    hello world this is local” to get access to various message options such as saving the message, reporting the message, and reacting to the message​

Players will also be able to create statuses, mentioned previously. You will be able to create a short memo that is seen when someone hovers over your name in chat. You may post links to your social media, advertisements to your plots, what you are currently up to, or whatever you please as long as it is appropriate. Player statuses will be automatically moderated for appropriateness.

We realize that our /ignore system is flawed, and is not very functional. Because we are redesigning our chat system, we are also creating a new ignoring system so that when you ignore a player, you will not see their messages, events they create, and other messages pertaining to that player in any chat including /local, /global, /msg, etc.

As we are operating multiple servers that are designed to work together, we are going to be redesigning the teleporting feature. You will be able to /tp or /tpa across each server, so that you do not have to figure out what server your friend is on, go to that server, then run the tp command. It should work as if Ruinscraft is one giant server.

Other commands, such as /seen and /home, are also planned to be redesigned to function between each server.

Another commonly requested feature which we are planning to implement is a “friends” system, which we will be implementing with the Ruinscraft Social update. You will be able to add friends, list your friends, and quickly see when each of them was last online. You will also be able to teleport to your friends cross-server.

Teams will also be a new feature included in the Ruinscraft Social Update. You will be able to create a team, give it a name, and add players to your team. Team chat will be accessible with typing @ in front of your message and it will display to all online team members. We are currently looking into more ways to incorporate teams into gameplay.

Ruinscraft Workshop

We have some really out-of-the-box thinkers here in the Ruinscraft community -- we have been developing a new feature which will set Ruinscraft apart from any other creative / building Minecraft server.

The Ruinscraft Workshop will be a system in which you can save your builds, name them to load them in later, share them with others, load other peoples’ builds to incorporate into your own, while all being available cross-server, meaning you can access this system on Creative Plots and Creative Infinite.

For example, say you are building a large build that requires some log cabins. You aren’t the best at building so you would like to find a log cabin built by someone else to save time. You can search the Ruinscraft Workshop to see if anyone else has a build with the tag “cabin” and find one you like to paste in.

Another example -- let’s say that you are on Creative Plots, and you built a really cool looking car which you want to put on Creative Infinite. You can save your car to the workshop, you don’t even have to make it public if you want, and you can then load it in on Creative Infinite and paste it where you like.

We are still very much in the early stages of developing this, and it’s likely that it won’t be ready until possibly early next year. We will provide more details and updates as we get closer to a release.

Other updates

Our KitPvP server has lacked interest for quite a while, and has also been lacking in a lot of the functionality we initially had intended for it. It has been ultimately decided to remove KitPvP all together -- the community at Ruinscraft has changed since its opening, and it is no longer a priority to run a PvP related server. Ruinscraft has always been more of a building server, so we are going to shift our focus to building-related gamemodes so that builders can have the best experience possible. Making our server based upon building-related gamemodes only will open possibilities for us that are not currently possible with KitPvP on our network.

Following the removal of KitPvP, we are going to be revoking our anti-hacked clients policy. You will be able to use any hacked client, modded client, or any other modification to Minecraft you wish on any of our servers -- we will have protections in place to prevent major issues due to hacked client usage. We will also have preventions in place to prevent hacked clients from interfering with paid or earned features (i.e. donating for the /speed functionality). Our other rules such as no spamming, no griefing, etc. still apply -- you cannot use hacked clients to harass a user or attempt to lag someone. Hacked clients can have features that some builders may find useful -- we would like to give those users that freedom.

When is this all being released?

We will be hosting a limited Beta release for VIPs, where users with a VIP rank can help us test Creative Infinite while we polish up the server. This experimental release may be down for periods of time, or may reset without notice. The world will be cleared once the testing is over, but all VIPs are free to come on the server and play around, while helping us figure out any bugs or errors. Beta release for VIPs is planned for November 25, and will end on December 17th. Many, but not all of the mentioned changes, such as the new chat system, friends, and more are expected to be released with Beta.

The server will be fully released on December 20th. All mentioned changes are expected to be released by then (not including the Ruinscraft Workshop).

We would like to thank our Build Team and all the various staff members who volunteered their time to making Creative Infinite and the other changes to Ruinscraft a possibility. Thank you to Jesse Boyd, creator and primary maintainer of fantastic software we use such as PlotSquared and FastAsyncWorldEdit. Thank you also to our donators, and to everyone else for your patience in anticipation of this release -- we hope that you guys will enjoy this server and the other changes to Ruinscraft as much as we have planned for it.

1. Unrestricted WorldEdit meaning unrestricted as long as it does not impede server performance or contains exploitations to crash the server.

2. On Creative Plots, /local is only active for players in the plot you are standing in. On Creative Infinite, /local is active for players in the plot you’re in and players in the general area around you. On hub, /local will be active for anyone that is on hub.

#1 royalkingkb, Nov 12, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    • Like x 4
    • Agree x 3
    • Winner x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Late x 1
  2. SpektrSoyuz

SpektrSoyuz Member

Ratings:
    +17
    Amazing update.

Glad I have vip to check it out.

Please kill me after this.

#2 SpektrSoyuz, Nov 12, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. kit3

kit3 Member

Ratings:
    +42
    yesterday i yote my water bottle through the hallway

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  4. iafycso

iafycso Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +415
    I'll get on and test it if anyone wants me to. Other than that, if infinite is good I'm most likely going to play there and not creative,

5. lilroc

lilroc New Member

Ratings:
    +12
    pyro update is out111

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. iu3ovb3fv4uh9ffn

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +804
    ok

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. emohour

emohour Member

Ratings:
    +22
    don't tell me they want some of that cash cash from that v I p

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. iafycso

iafycso Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +415
    they just renamed main lol

9. iafycso

iafycso Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +415
    can you enlarge this so the people with eye problems don't have to put their faces against their screens to read it, thanks.

10. JGodinez009

JGodinez009 Member

Ratings:
    +20
    Yep I will 100% be playing mc again after a month and a half break

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. BlueBotPlayz

BlueBotPlayz Member

Ratings:
    +68
    Can other people put stuff in the workshop if they're not added on the plot?

12. ibamboozle

ibamboozle Member

Ratings:
    +40
    Seriously?!? you cant just mark areas you want to claim? You can only get 16 32x32 plots of land. I thought it would be like factions, as in you have a huge open world, can claim areas, and build huge empires or whatever. I was expecting that you could create basically your own, lets say, mini country. Like, about a nice 20,000 blocks of land. That may sound huge, but theres over 32 million blocks on a minecraft world. Thats a good 1600 plots. Heck, i'd be happy with just 5,000 blocks. that'd be 4x as small. Plus, whos to say that you can just create "Creative Infinite 2" for more room. just transfer everything from the previous one except the builds.

This really disappointed me. Infinite has been in the works since BEFORE I even joined RC, and its been overhyped. A lot. And I mean it when I say a lot. At least we get another game to play on RC... I guess...

TRIGGERED

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. BlueBotPlayz

BlueBotPlayz Member

Ratings:
    +68
    I agree with you. Most players have been excited about Creative Infinite, but it's different from what they think, so it made them disappointed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Qrumb

Qrumb Member

Ratings:
    +68
    The plot dimensions and amount of claims are subject to change as mentioned in the post. Also who would even build on an area of 20000x20000? This space wouldn't be used. This fantasy of having a large, overabundance of land, as thought what some believed infinite could be, is insane. Who needs their own infinite flat world? That is boring and if you wanted that you could go to single player. I believe this update is great. I have never seen any creative servers incorporate other worlds or have their own schematic type workshop.

15. noke1202

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +7
    Bring back factions! Add MVP+ Rank!!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Late Late x 1
  16. JGodinez009

JGodinez009 Member

Ratings:
    +20
    I dont see how this is bad at all. Once they add where you can buy more plots on there which Im 80% sure they will do because people will want more. Ill be buying loads to get a 5k plot xD maybe thats alittle much but you know what i mean

17. JGodinez009

JGodinez009 Member

Ratings:
    +20
    You should add to the store where you can buy more plots on Infinite

18. JGodinez009

JGodinez009 Member

Ratings:
    +20
    Also Is it like VIP 1-8 can go on at November 25th? or is it like only vip 7 and 8? cuz I want my non vip friend to play and if its any vip then they can buy vip one.

19. MisterBigXig

MisterBigXig Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +891
    NONE OF YOU WILL FIND ANY OF MY STUFF ON THE WORKSHOP
    IT'S ALL MINE SCREEE

20. MisterBigXig

MisterBigXig Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +891
    'plots determined by playtime' a w w y e a

• About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.