Rejected Counsillor's 5th Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Memtoz, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Memtoz

Memtoz New Member

Ratings:
    +22
    1.) What is your Minecraft username?
    My current Minecraft username is Counsillor but I will change it to Memtoz in 4 days from now.
    If I do become staff I will not change it.

2.) What are your age and timezone?
    I am 13 but I'm going to be 14 in 2 months from now and my timezone is GMT.

3.) How long have you played on our servers?
    I have played on Ruinscraft (mainly MCatlas) for 10 months now.

4.) In what ways have you helped people on the server?
    I mainly try to diffuse arguments between players and discourage bypass in chat, I also help new players with commands on MCatlas and plots such as worldedit and AST on plots as well as basic towny commands for new players eg: /t invite accept [town name] or /t new [name] and advanced towny commands for more experienced players eg: /plot set perm ally on or /plot set reset. If someone is spamming in chat I always report them in the discord and dm a helper/mod to get the situation resolved as quickly as possible so everyone can have a good time on the server.

If a new player joins I give them a link to the MCatlas website so they can make themselves aware of the rules as soon as possible so they don't accidentally break any.

I have reported many bugs which have made the server unpleasant in the past such as /ignore not working and book with high nbt data kicking players if they aren't careful.

5.) In what ways will you improve the server?
    1- I will add a plot system in the nether which will act as a grief prevention system for spawners and nether hubs, the command will be "/nether claim add". plots in the nether won't act like towns or outposts as they will have the sole function of only letting specific players alter them, players will be able to use "/nether plot add player (name)".

2- I will add an outpost system which will let players create claims in the wilderness separate from their towns by using "/outpost new (name)", they will cost 100g to make but can only last 2 weeks and will have a max of 10 available claims. Only players of the town that outpost is correlated to will be able to teleport there by using /outpost spawn.

3- I will make the anti-cheat less strict on things like riding in a boat on ice and make the chat censor less strict on words like "Arnold Schwarzenegger" and more strict on words like "retard".

4- I will add a "/t recent deaths" command that will allow players to see the most recent towns that have died, it will only show towns that have died within the last day.

6.) Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?
    I have been builder rank on Geoimperium (Geoimperium is no longer active) other than that I am mod on a few discord
    servers, I usually help set up bots and ban people who harass, spam, dox other people etc.

7.) Why should we choose you over anyone else?
    You should choose me as I have had nearly a year of experience playing Ruinscraft and have familiarised myself with all basic towny commands and most advanced towny commands, I regularly look at developer logs to try to solve the problems going on behind the scenes, I have helped many players with issues on the server including mental issues and things to do with commands/other players harassing them.

I am quite well known and a familiar face to most players in the community and am not disliked by many players that I know of.

Unlike other players, I will continue to bring happiness and peace to the server even if I don't become staff because I love this server and want to help no matter what happens.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. parrot_bartender

parrot_bartender Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +737
    Why does your profile say 23

3. Memtoz

Memtoz New Member

Ratings:
    +22
    At the time of making my profile, I thought I needed to be older than 13 to make it but now I realize I didn't need to change it I can't change it back.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. parrot_bartender

Ratings:
    +737
    Oh ok. Gl

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Memtoz

Memtoz New Member

Ratings:
    +22
    ty :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Memtoz

Memtoz New Member

Ratings:
    +22
    Can anyone give me feedback?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. JamessV

JamessV Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +79
    didn't know Counsillor and Memtoz were the same person. Also, how do you plan on adding these new commands you speak of?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Memtoz

Memtoz New Member

Ratings:
    +22
    By creating modifications to the current plugins instead of creating a whole new plugin. Most work will be done by the developers as I myself am not experienced in Java coding.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. JamessV

JamessV Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +79
    ah ok so they're more ideas then, I see
    good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Memtoz

Memtoz New Member

Ratings:
    +22
    Yeah dw if I get staff ill try to do as much as possible myself instead of relying on the developers. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Collardian

Collardian Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +326
    You're not very active on the forums, having only 38 messages and 19 positive ratings since you joined half a year ago. You also aren't very active on the Discord; you say that you always report trolls and DM helpers/mods, however these are all of the messages I could find from you in #reports-and-help, some of the messages being from 3 months ago.

https://gyazo.com/02ac1fa14f291a99ceaf02377a310176
    https://gyazo.com/9f4b486e38d0224d498d4bdce15bd93d
    https://gyazo.com/0c1445aefe4308c72f982cec17381c4b
    https://gyazo.com/efb5cb24face63187126a7301aa279f6
    https://gyazo.com/6a31d422dad32891e227ccffaca0f0f6

Only one of those messages is an actual report. I also tried to get confirmation that this account was yours, and here is what I found.

https://gyazo.com/6afcf4e7e0394edaa963cf6eca96a877

If this account is not yours, I'm sorry, but there is evidence that it is. Out of the 38 messages you have written, 0 are reports. Most of them are feedback on staff applications. I don't know your player history on the server (other than a killaura ban that you didn't know would get you banned?), but what I do know is that you need to be more active when it comes to the forums and Discord server.

I'd have to politely disagree with the staff's decision if this applicant is accepted, and I suggest that you become more active outside of the server itself.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Memtoz

Memtoz New Member

Ratings:
    +22
    Why are you all against me getting staff?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Collardian

Collardian Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +326
    Nobody's against you, so far everyone but me has given you good luck. I'm just giving criticism for you to improve on, so you can be better suited for the position you're going for.

#13 Collardian, Jun 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  14. ILagWithShaders

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +1,259
    I agree

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. parrot_bartender

Ratings:
    +737
    Well said.

16. 1K2C3M

Ratings:
    +384
    Hello Memtoz,

Upon reviewing your application we've decided to reject it. Regardless, we appreciate the time you took to make your application and I hope you have a wonderful day! You may reapply in 2 weeks.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. ILagWithShaders

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +1,259
  18. _69420_

_69420_ Member

Ratings:
    +207
    L
    they dont hire snakes, memtoz

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  • About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.