Rejected ChappyGreen App 5

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by luca, Sep 19, 2020.

1. luca

luca New Member

Ratings:
    +25
    1. What is your Minecraft username

My Minecraft username is ChappyGreen and it won’t change in the coming future

2. what is your age and time zone

Currently i live in the beautiful city of Gothenburg where the time zone is gmt +1 and I am 13 years old.

3. How long have you played on this server

Currently I have played on this amazing server for the past 9 months or so and found the community rather welcoming.

4. In what ways have you helped players

I have helped the people of this server with many things such as building stuff for people free of charge and other things that use my building expertise,
    another way I have helped people is through economic and resource aid such as the time I supported Yamaguchi with 6 double chests of terracotta for free to build stuff, or the time i helped a town get started by giving them 200 gold.
    back when we had bot raids I would report them to staff immediately and the times I found places being griefed. I try to be as helpful as possible to staff members as they keep the server alive, and this is highly important.
    when I'm on in the middle of the day there are normally zero staff members on as most are from America, so a European staff member would help a lot especially if said staff member hasn't got a messed up time table so they are on in down hours when no other staff members are on. i love competition so i hold events every so often with cash prices to help newer towns boom. I plan on giving resources to new players for free if they stop by my town at any point while I'm there this includes (some diamonds, resources, and food) which can get most players to stick around.

5. how will you improve the server

here are some ways i would improve the server;

1. giving donations to all new players on when i am

I would improve the server by first helping people make new towns give them a small amount of money so they can make a town.
    this could help the server become more popular, even though it already is. i feel like the server would benifit from this because first of all new players will like the server more encouraging them to play longer, with this comes the green house effect, if they like it they will tell friends and the friends will tell their friends and so on. this will make the server even more popular.

2. Maps for towns

I would make maps of towns for free and distribute them to town members of said town leaders to then these will be given to new residents of the town to know where they are without having to look at the map all the time.

3. Food machine + armor machine.
    I would add several kits in my town for people to use if they need armor or tools these will be stocked up with food weapons blocks and armor to help new players.

4. custom crafting recipes
    i think that there should be a hand full of custom crafting recipes, such as:

a custom crafting recipe for glow stone and gunpowder.
    to make it easier to get using sand and crushing it with a piston you create glowstone and glowstone with crushed gravel using a piston gives you gunpowder
    this would help for those people who have elytra. so they can fly easier.

a custom crafting recipe for totems. using a gold helmet 3 gold and an emerald.
    this could help all players survive.

a custom recipe for grass block
    using grass and dirt to make it, this will help decoration as collecting it is tedious as grass blocks only take form on the top layer of the map.

a custom recipe for exp bottles using rotten flesh and a bottle.
    this could help with levels and would help players get levels to enchant items etc. with would help really much.

6. do you have experience as a staff member

I have a little bit of experience of being staff but most of these were smaller servers, in my school I am class representative for my class, I try to include everyone into games and other social activities and attempt to make people happy. I also worked for a server as a builder and helped them build their town spawn. i am also mod on a server that I don't play that much anymore but i know what I'm doing now.

7. Why should we pick you over other people

I think that I would be fit for the job of staff on this great server as I love helping people i hate troublemakers and i know what I'm doing. When I’m on in the middle of the day there is almost no staff on so a staff member would help for that. earlier today we had a spammer who was very annoying they stopped, but no punishment was given out. I also understand several languages such as all the Scandinavian languages except finish. I understand a bit of French and speak English fluently As well.

#1 luca, Sep 19, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. luca

luca New Member

Ratings:
    +25
    its actually my 4th app, not 5th

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. parrot_bartender

parrot_bartender Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +918
    i suggest better grammar because there are a few mistakes in there

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Emperyia

Emperyia Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +389
    lol

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. _coolbird

_coolbird Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +657
  6. Ieclen

Ieclen Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +625
    hi im iecl and i love you

Format
    A bit of a nitpicky thing but, I think you should bold the numbers in the questions as well. There is a fair amount of spelling mistakes, so I recommend using something similar to Grammarly.
    Think about becoming a bit more experienced with Forums
    I'm not trying to discredit your application with this. It's got a lot of potential, I think just having more 'muscle memory', I guess could assist you. :)
    You seem to be trying a little bit too hard
    This isn't to be offensive, but a recommendation I have is to not refer to Ruinscraft as "this amazing server", because it just seems a bit unnatural, sorry if this hurts your feelings I don't know how else to say it.
    Don't repeat yourself
    You've already used the convention of "in the 9 months I've played this [positive adjective] server" expression, it just again, seems a little unnatural.
    Balance the force, hm!
    5 is one of quintessential sections of your application. A lot of people like to interpret this about literal ideas for commands and such, but in my perspective the best applications are the ones that use multiple interpretations of each question. If you are unsure about other interpretations, take a stroll through applications from Christmas past.
    Quality over quantity
    I struggle with this a lot too but I've had complaints about the lengths of my "ideas" sections. So you could try to finetune the amounts of information within this section, you know? Take out the areas that are the weakest in your opinion, and bolster your strongest ones.
    Use in real life responsibility in your 6th section/7th section
    Are you apart of any real life leadership? If so, I recommend replacing your section about your punishment methods with that. Mainly because you will be taught how to moderate, prior knowledge is helpful but not necessary and not really a strong point in your application. This real life responsibility passage can be interchangeable between 6th or 7th, I just think it would fit more in your 6th section, since the main point I'm getting from it is "I don't have direct experience with being a staff member, but I know a few tricks" and using that as a stepping stone to the real life responsibility part would be so cool in my opinion.
    Think about turning your positive experiences into traits for application
    Though I'm literally younger then you and have never applied for college, many people have told me that experience with college applications and these applications can overlap, and this is a point that I've had made to me whenever I went looking for advice. What I'm getting at is to have a standing motif or theme for each paragraph you write, like one is about how patient you are, how networked you are, etc.

TL;DR
    read the advice, this is one situation where if I summarized it I'd feel like you're losing too much information

Final words
    You seem like a cool dude, I've seen you around in voice chats and the such! Your application needs work, but don't lose hope! You have good ideas, and a lot of potential. You just gotta use it, you know? Good luck, I'll be cheering for you!

-iecl out

7. Malyesa

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +133
    You've already gotten feedback, so I'll just say some thing I haven't seen mentioned (sorry if they have been, I skimmed).

Your ideas are definitely doable, but things like you giving people money and food and armor isn't a staff thing. You can do that fine as a player, and in fact should do that and use it to show that you're a good candidate. There are also lots of xp bottles and totems going around thanks to voting and mcmmo, last I checked. I did quit, so I could be out of date, but strongly doubt it.

Good luck! ^^

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. mijo6000

mijo6000 Member

Ratings:
    +154
    Overall your a nice person, but have failed in keeping others trust and information and act a little childish at times, I recommend that you apply when your attitude and persona appear refined and civilized, but overall your ok.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. vampZmainANSIA

Ratings:
    +298
    I think you are a great candidate and your ideas are good.
    Good luck I hope they accept you.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Tombonie

Tombonie Member

Ratings:
    +187
    How can you make a statement on someone's personality if you have never been on the server you imbecile. Unlike you, Mijo actually plays on the server so I think he would have a much better opinion on Chappy's personality than you. Even if Mijo's view is jointed, it still holds more meaning than your's since your opinions seem to be based on who has argued against you in the past and who hasn't. Chappy isn't super active outside the server either so it's not like you looked through all his discord messages.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Smilodone

Smilodone Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +203
    Gl chappy.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hafixion

Hafixion Member

Ratings:
    +300
    mijo: comments negatively on staff app
    vamp (who's never played or heard of this guy): great staff app you should get accepted

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. luca

luca New Member

Ratings:
    +25
  14. sfue

sfue Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +619
    nice app

15. Demadunk

Demadunk New Member

Ratings:
    +63
    Decent application, hope you get reviewed!

16. PVP_Builder

Ratings:
    +1,257
    ChappyGreen,

Thank you for applying. We regret to inform you that we are going to reject this application. You may reapply in two weeks.

17. ILagWithShaders

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +2,015
    f

18. luca

luca New Member

Ratings:
    +25
  • About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.