Rejected ChappyGreen’s Application #2

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by luca, Mar 5, 2020.

1. luca

luca New Member

Ratings:
    +12
    1. What is your Minecraft username
    My username is ChappyGreen and I have zero alts.

2. What is your age and time zone
    My age is 13 and I live in GMT +1

3. How long have you played on the server
    I joined Ruinscraft.com 2 weeks ago as I only recently discovered Ruinscraft.com. Otherwise I’ve been playing on Ruinscraft, the server, for 6-7 months; I’ve been mostly playing on the Mcatlas server, which I stumbled upon when trying to find a server better then EarthMc.

4. In what ways have you helped on our server
    After receiving advice on my first application, I’ve been helping a lot more people on the server, Some examples include: I gave 100 gold to a person who wanted to make a town, Otherwise I’ve been helping new players with commands and other things, such as joining a town or a nation, and how to vote and so on.

5. In what ways would you improve the server

1. trade center
    I think that setting up a trade center where people can have a stall, so they can sell their resources, such as Perm selling Spruce and Africa Selling Diamonds, would make it easier for all to sell and buy resources for building and redstone projects. Further, I think that this trade center should use a different currency than gold, so that new players can also buy stuff, such as iron being worth 1/3 of a gold ingot and diamond being worth 2 gold ingots. Of course, I also think that gold should be useable, as if it wasn’t, this would surely annoy some of the veterans on the server.

2. anti X-ray
    I also think that of the anti X-ray, instead of just turning valuable blocks into stone, should instead notify helpers, moderators, and admins. This would mean that if the staff got too many notifications from the same person, in a short amount of time, they were probably using X-ray. Normally, they are lucky, but you can check that they are not using x-ray by using spectator mode, of course this is only accessible to some people. The reason I mention this is due to me having once had a two hour mining session and finding lots of ores, for them to just suddenly disappear. After that session, I only came out with a stack of iron and a whole lot of stone.

3. language in chat
    I also think that being racist, sexist, or inappropriate in the chat should always lead to serious consequences and punishment. I think that the server should mute people for being inappropriate, and ban those who are sexist or racist. I also think that more severe swear words should be banned.

4. player program
    It would be beneficial to a new player program, where when you vote for the first time, as long as it is your first week on the server, you should be able to get a few bonuses, such as a free stack of wood planks, iron tools, and a few torches, to get you started. I also think that you should get iron armour as well to allow you to survive the night. This should be made known to new players early on.

5. colonize the nether, nether = mars, time zones
    Last but not least, I think that you should be able to colonize the nether. I also think that the nether could be like Mars. These places could be directly connected to a nation, and there should be no range in the nether for colonization; an example of this was the British empire in 1921, known as the country where the sun never sets. I think that another thing with this final addition is time zones. Let us say you travel from big Diomede to small Diomede, you would be skipping an entire day. Also, with this you should be able to move around the earth as if it was 3D, which currently on the server it isn’t.

6. do you have any past experience
    I regretfully have no experience on any servers, but firmly believe I am worth the gamble. I’ve been both moderator and admin in several discord servers. I’m also always trying to help people on discord, even when sometimes I also ask questions, as I’m not perfect and everyone can learn more. I still think that I have enough experience to become a helper on Ruinscraft. I also am bothered when people break the rules, and believe in keeping a good community spirit on the server, which I would really like to help with.

7. why you should choose me
    My biggest advantage is the amount of time I’m online. In the morning I’m on for 1 hour, then after school I get on for 4-5 more, and on weekends I’m on for like 7-10 hours. I have now finished most of my exams, so I can be on longer then before. I have a little experience with plugins but I normally figure it out after a few hours. I am very willing to learn. The server I have played most on is McAtlas, which is where I play the most on Minecraft. I also love this server and I want it to grow into one of the biggest servers in Minecraft.

Not picking me as a helper would result in your missing out on my efforts and dedication to the server.

Thank you for taking the time to read through my application, and I truly hope to be on the team.

#1 luca, Mar 5, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. luca

luca New Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Is it good?

3. Doggi

Doggi Member

Ratings:
    +26
    I suggest writing out the questions and putting them in bold, to make it easier to read. Good luck!

4. luca

luca New Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Ok I did that

5. Lil_Brony07

Lil_Brony07 New Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Two things. 1 Time zones are already a thing. 2 Colonizing the nether is not a new idea and gets heavily recommended.
    Oh and two weeks of RC is not enough

6. luca

luca New Member

Ratings:
    +12
    First I know that second if anyone can’t give advice it’s you

7. luca

luca New Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Third I’ve been playing McAtlas since September last year

8. k0rnel

Helper

Ratings:
    +69
    Your application is really good. You took a big step of improvements when you look to your last application.

But well i want to give you some critique too just to help you.

1. add Detail to some Questions

and thats all i want to say.

I hope you will furfill your dreams of becoming a helper. I really think that this application is good and Fitting for you.

9. luca

luca New Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Thx

• Like Like x 1
  10. luca

luca New Member

Ratings:
    +12
    And What do you mean with detail?

11. k0rnel

Helper

Ratings:
    +69
    by Detail i mean explain some Questions better for instant (not from your application) "i helped a lot" explain more with w- Questions like who, when, why and add examples. its very important since its the core of a application you know.

but don't overexplain some stuff too. be precise and exact with it.

I just added this recommendation just because i just found some Question where you can do that. Do the Questions like number 4. where you explained a lot and it Looks professional.

12. Doggi

Doggi Member

Ratings:
    +26
    Yeah, with the detail thing, you might want to add more on #4.

13. luca

luca New Member

Ratings:
    +12
  14. luca

luca New Member

Ratings:
    +12
    And which number 4?

15. Doggi

Doggi Member

Ratings:
    +26
    "In what ways have you helped people on our server"

16. luca

luca New Member

Ratings:
    +12
  17. luca

luca New Member

Ratings:
    +12
  18. luca

luca New Member

Ratings:
    +12
  19. luca

luca New Member

Ratings:
    +12
    yay again

20. ZavidLife

Ratings:
    +67
    Hey, we reviewed your application and strongly believe that the application lacks the qualities we seek for. We especially do not like certain comments inside of the application and hope you reapply in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  • About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.