Accepted Captain's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by CaptainOfTheSeas, May 18, 2020.

1. ILagWithShaders

ILagWithShaders Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +227
    gg on under review. Hopefully it goes well!

2. CaptainOfTheSeas

Helper

Ratings:
    +699
    gray as in no data, just like greenland in surveys zzz

3. ILagWithShaders

Ratings:
    +227
    We must travel to Greenland to stop the spread of c o v i d

4. CaptainOfTheSeas

Helper

Ratings:
    +699
    cough- what?

5. ILagWithShaders

Ratings:
    +227
    Dude did you say something, I couldnt hear you over m- *COUGH*. Im fine... Im defin- *COUGH COUGH WHEEZE*

We move to the real Greenland than, Iceland

6. _coolbird

_coolbird Member

Ratings:
    +87
    greenland bestland
    wrong then noob

7. whitetiger131

whitetiger131 New Member

Ratings:
    +33
    This is a solid staff app! I enjoy the ideas you bring and how chill you are on the server, and you have more than enough experience on the server. I do have a few things I would recommend though (constructive only, as I said before, this is a really good app). :) Sorted by order of importance.

1. I would include more details under Part 5, because you've boiled it down to more staff availability, /marry, and chat moderation. Increasing staff availability and chat moderation are part of the required role for staff members by default, so this section lacks uniqueness. I love your /marry idea and the spin you put on it, so I would recommend adding more of these dynamic, unique ideas that you have.

2. Under Part 6, when you talk about your experience handling drama in discord servers, elaborate. I think it would be really helpful to include how you handled such drama or your approach to handling arguments. How do you make each person see the perspective of the other side? What techniques would you use to calm down flame wars or vocal beef in chat? You may want to move this to another section if you elaborate on this, however, I just though it was especially important since resolving arguments and drama is a major role of staff members.

3. Expand more on Part 4. Specifically, I mean elaborate on how hosting server events/providing assistance with farms/reimbursing loot helped specific players or improved the overall positivity on the server. For example, I myself was grateful for you financially sponsoring the Hub build battle, so I would elaborate in a separate paragraph how your help decreased server toxicity/increased positivity/etc. I know you can expand this section because you've been so helpful to me and many others on the server! (List specific examples as hard proof -- Adding supporting details in the form of "For example, I..." can clearly illustrate your positive impact on the server!)

4. Under Part 7, when you talk about why you should be chosen over others, I would also tie it back to specific instances of you helping players on the server. Experience is a great qualification to have, but I think elaborating on how you've helped individual players will provide a good insight into your good character. (Sorry if that was worded weird/repetitive, I'm basically trying to say create another subpoint/paragraph, (not just the "Experience" one, so you can illustrate your character/good personality). I would also recommend adding (if applicable), any real life leadership positions that have made you responsible or mature, since your experience in discord servers already expresses you are able to manage players.

5. Take out the repeated question "Experience on a Minecraft server?" under Part 6. It's unnecessary, the question is literally posted above that sentence, so taking it out will help clean up the application (minor change).

6. I have some minor grammar changes I would make, but I can just pm you that to avoid making this massive reply unnecessarily bigger.

I think you're a great player in the community and I'd love to see you get in! I made this constructive criticism so long because I want this app to succeed, and I think it's likely considering your amazing involvement both on the server and on the forums.

GG on under review!

- tiger

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. PoIsessedPug

PoIsessedPug Member

Ratings:
    +46
    DO NOT APPLY FOR STAFF RESET INCOMING!!

9. _coolbird

_coolbird Member

Ratings:
    +87
    no

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. ILagWithShaders

Ratings:
    +227
    ?

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. _coolbird

_coolbird Member

Ratings:
    +87
    ur pengiun mom

12. CaptainOfTheSeas

Helper

Ratings:
    +699
    Thanks for taking your time to leave detailed constructive criticism! I've taken it into account and edited your suggestions into my app

• Like Like x 1
  13. Captain_Wheatley

Captain_Wheatley New Member

Ratings:
    +23
    nooooo the older mature-r captain can't just apply for staff and make me look like a noob

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. xFliqhtive_

xFliqhtive_ Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +167
    This is a good app, dont let any of those stupid cunts tell you otherwise.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Emperyia

Emperyia Member

Ratings:
    +96
    good application.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hafixion

Hafixion Member

Ratings:
    +45
    legit, Captain is one of those people that actually deserves staff.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. lol

lol New Member

Ratings:
    +6
    i have not seen any potato farm in taiwan so you dont deserve staff

18. CaptainOfTheSeas

Helper

Ratings:
    +699
    WHAT DO YOU MEAN THERE'S A LITERAL FARM ON THE SURFACE

19. lol

lol New Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Nope.

20. lol

lol New Member

Ratings:
    +6
    congrats CAPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!11

• About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.