Accepted Captain's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by CaptainOfTheSeas, May 18, 2020.

1. CaptainOfTheSeas

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +910
    Greetings to all the lads and lasses that enter this thread. Please take your time reading and considering.

1) What is your Minecraft username?
    CaptainOfTheSeas, and I don't plan on changing it anytime soon.

2) What is your age and timezone (GMT format preferred)?
    I'm 16 now, and I reside in the timezone EST/EDT (GMT is -5.00).

3) How long have you played on our servers?
    I say I've been playing Ruinscraft since the summer of 2015, so 5 years!

4) In what ways have you helped people on the server?
    On MCPlots I've assisted other players with basic W/E and plot commands. Even when I don't know a specific method they're looking for, I strive to look for a command to help them. This type of assistance also applies to MCAtlas. I point out the commands and features available when requested by members.

New players have asked for assistance with not just commands, but also for feedback on their builds in which I'm one of the many to respond. Such an example is players when seeking to build a wither farm usually approach me for assistance and I come to their farm to give tips and feedback. As a result, their farms become more efficient and they can obtain enough wither skeleton skulls to fight the wither.

I've sponsored server events hosted by members in order to bring the community together and seek to resolve conflicts between members and nations. For example, in a build battle community event hosted by whitetiger131, I sponsored 1k gold for the winner of said event. Currently, I'm sponsoring another one of his build battles where the grand prize is a nether star from me. These are popular and usually gain a lot of participants, so the community is brought together. In one incident where one killed another and was selling the loot, I offered to buy the loot back to return it to the original owner.

In recent times I've reported major bugs that could have a negative effect on the server and its members. Some of these include the Skyblock challenges GUI, glitches with the /chat menu, and other command issues on Skyblock.

5) In what ways would you improve the server?
    I'll continue the friendly and helpful behavior I have towards others, with the best of my ability. I'll continue helping people with commands, builds, and conflicts when I'm active.

Having another staff member means server rules are enforced for longer periods of time. What does that mean? I've noticed there are still long periods where no staff members are regulating a server. I've become more active on Minecraft lately, so I'll be able to check reports and regulate the servers while also enjoying a childhood game.

I also have some ideas to offer up. Here are four of them:
    /marry on MCAtlas - This has been requested before (as either a joke or serious inquiry), however I've come with thoughts on how to expand on such a command. The command should come at a price like a few hundred gold and should come with perks such as the ability to share a common inventory to store or have more hit points. This might be exploited with alternative accounts, however, can be fixed with the plugin checking the IP of said accounts and prevents the command from executing unless overruled by a staff member.

Chatting within proximity for MCAtlas- Members that get close enough can talk to each other in their own little "chatroom" without clogging up general chat. This is like local chat on MCPlots and can be perfect for server/member hosted events like parties or meetings.

/duel (player) - Those that wish to settle disputes with a simple PvP duel can use this command for a fair fight where they're teleported to opposite ends of a large arena with the same equipment (their previous inventory will be stored in a database and returned upon ending of the duel). The player uses this command to invite another player to duel and the other must accept to begin (/duel accept [player]).

Different servers - I've noticed little to no traffic on Creative Infinite and Skyblock. I believe the implementation/replacement of different servers would bring more traffic to not just these servers but Ruinscraft as a whole. One of them can be KitPvP for example. KitPvP was popular when it was here, and I think adding it back would have a positive effect.

6) Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?
    No, however I am and have been admin and moderator of multiple discord servers, including one of a large YouTuber and another of a "clan" in a different game. I know my way around using discord bots and suspect that the server won't be much different than handling, say, Dyno or some other moderating bot.

I've also handled drama in said servers, by using various tactics, an example being viewing both sides of an argument and then revealing each side's perspective to the other, to calm the instigators and participants. Should these tactics fail I switch to "bad cop" and remind them to take their drama to DMs or face rightful punishment.

I usually enforce rules effectively and in a cheerful manner, although they may have been under a different yet similar set of rules. The rule breakers are gently reminded of the rules and are usually given a light warning, like that as a slap on the wrist or "don't do it again."

7) Why should we choose you over anyone else?
    Experience: I've been here for about 5 years. I've seen it all and met them all (for a Minecraft server anyways). The good, the bad, the mischievous. Living for 16 years isn't just a number, it also means I've had 16 years of experience with life and interaction with other people. Most of the server are children or growing teens, and I seek to help with their issues. I've also had similar leadership roles both in other games and real life. In another game I was a deputy of a clan. You may have encountered this game before, World of Tanks Blitz. Before retiring, I was a caller for a team of said clan. I've also participated with competitive teams and was able to get the experience of what a good leader does. The summer of last year I worked as a solo lifeguard and gained the experience of dealing with both the young and old, along with being responsible for their safety at the pool.

Character: I'd say I'm a friendly and chill mate; One that's able to joke and relate with fellow members. Little to no people dislike me and even if they were to it's on a respectful level. I too was once a new member that was helped by others, and I want to reflect that experience upon others, be it with commands, builds, or so on. I strive to find the best outcome for everyone so that they can at least leave my assistance satisfied.

#1 CaptainOfTheSeas, May 18, 2020
    Last edited: May 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. SpacePoseidon

SpacePoseidon Member

Ratings:
    +273
    accept this chad or chadess staff he going to change the server in many ways like uh adding war and end or something

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. LBGator1031

LBGator1031 Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +92
    hey man, great application. good luck cappy =)

• Winner Winner x 2
  4. mijo6000

mijo6000 Member

Ratings:
    +163
    accept this man or I sad upload_2020-5-18_20-49-26.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. CaptainOfTheSeas

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +910
    ty, but why you disable commenting on your profile page :(

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Victim

Victim Member

Ratings:
    +80
    ni iii ght fa aa ll
    why did you crup us and change us alll
    ni ii ght fa. a l\
    immortl land lies down in agonieee

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. hallucinationman

hallucinationman Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +374
    10/10 perfect

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. mijo6000

mijo6000 Member

Ratings:
    +163
    Sry cap I’ll go enable it

• Creative Creative x 1
  9. mijo6000

mijo6000 Member

Ratings:
    +163
    how do I do that lol

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. SpacePoseidon

SpacePoseidon Member

Ratings:
    +273
    hafixion revealed ur face . Asian boyyyyy I though u were black

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Hafixion

Hafixion Member

Ratings:
    +312
    :)

• Late Late x 1
  12. CaptainOfTheSeas

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +910
    Top right -> Privacy settings -> People Who May... -> "Post messages on your profile page"

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. _coolbird

_coolbird Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +675
    good app, hope u get staff

• Like Like x 2
  14. _69420_

_69420_ Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    jajajajajajajajaja

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. CaptainOfTheSeas

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +910
    A MAN HAS FALLEN INTO THE RIVER IN LEGO CITY
    START THE NEW RESCUE HELICOPTER
    HEY!
    BUILD THE HELICOPTER
    AND OFF TO THE RESCUE
    PREPARE THE LIFELINE, LOWER THE STRETCHER AND MAKE THE RESCUE
    THE NEW EMERGENCY COLLECTION FROM LEGO CITY
    Appreciate it mate, I hope for that too

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. _coolbird

Ratings:
    +675
    hi 16 im bird

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. _coolbird

Ratings:
    +675
    hi one of the many, im bird

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. _coolbird

Ratings:
    +675
    hi active, im bird

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. _coolbird

Ratings:
    +675
    hi friendly and chill mate, im bird

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. CaptainOfTheSeas

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +910
    This has gone out of hand, my dad jokes have given you PTSD

• Like Like x 1
  • About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.