Rejected boo_mac's super epic 4th application definitely accept!!!!!

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Boo_Mac, May 8, 2020.

1. Boo_Mac

Boo_Mac Member

Ratings:
    +118
    1) What is your Minecraft username?

My username is Boo_Mac. (Changed it back and am not gonna change it again)

2) What is your age and timezone (GMT format preferred)?

I am 15 years old, and my timezone is EST ( GMT-5 )

3) How long have you played here on Ruinscraft?

I've been playing MCAtlas for about 7 months, I started in early August (Got inactive for a little bit in between start of October to early January) I have been playing a decent amount in plots but I will mainly play on Atlas.

4) In what ways have you helped people on the server?

I help people in chat with commands and other easy things. While most people do that I also try to go out of my way and coach the newer people how to make towns and help them make one. I give newer players and regular players materials I do not usually need for free, other times I try to go out of my way to lower prices for newer people and people I know don't have enough money. Also I try to get people to stop spamming in plots or mcatlas, doesn't always work but it is hard to talk spammers down sometimes. Overall I would talk to people and try to find middle ground between to arguing parties, I would do this by either explaining the both sides point and getting them to calm down. Also I am very active on discord as I have it on my phone and check it regularly so I would help greatly with moderating the chats.

5) In what ways would you improve the server?

1. My idea is that merging would be limited to irl continents and only nations within those borders of the specific continent would be able to merge together. This would eliminate the problems of merge abuse with say the US (Canada) being in Europe and Asia. Or have it so you can only merge within 6k blocks of the capital just like the invite radius.
    2. Add an auction command to make trade easier and so people spam selling/buying offers in the chat less.
    3. This would be a hard one (not clue if its possible either) but on the dynmap add an option to see borders of in game nations. So it would be like cities in a dark color then a lighter color for the land they could easily claim, if they had infinite claims. This would be cool to see the land spread of nations and just what nations are on the server.
    4. Bring back /dab because it was pretty epic and people seemed sad that it was taken off. (idc add it)
    5. Make the weather change kind of like in seasons, places at the equator don't get snow while places away get snow. (this has been recommended by others but I wanted to say it as well)
    6. Instead of my other idea of having borders of in-game nations, let them pick a certain color and have a function on the map that shows the different colors of each nation. (Saw this in discord but thought it was a good idea so said it here.)
    7. There needs to be more discord moderation I have seen people having full conversations in the reports tab or implement a ticket system to lessen conversation and stop people calling others snitches.
    8. This is a controversial one, but it is disable tp to town outside of your own nation or just enable tp to a nation's capital and /t spawn. This would force people into actually making infrastructure and have the nation capitals be sort of trade hubs. Also it would give new people an extra incentive to join a town or a nation so they don't have to walk thousands of blocks.
    9. This goes off of my idea for a ticket system or bot for reports, have a bot or ticket system for suggestions. I have seen another discord server use it and you use a command and say your suggestion and it appears in another channel. It neatly shows all suggestions and gives player the choice to up-vote it or down-vote it so you can see what the player base wants. If someone decides to spam the bot then you can just mute them and delete the messages.

6) Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?

I do not have any other experiences being staff (but I'm a quick learner), I do moderate a discord for my own nation (about 43 people) I mainly defuse situations or get my fellow nation members to stop arguing. I am good at getting people to stop arguing by defusing the situation by explaining what they are arguing about isn't that important and getting them to calm down.

7) Why should we choose you over anyone else?

I should be chosen over others because I am very level headed, kind, and good at talking people down. Also while I haven't been a staff in any other servers or really many discord servers either I used to be a member of the council in the LoN. While now, they have chosen new councilors (now its just gone) but my experience helping people with their problems, and representing them would help the staff team. While quite obviously I have gotten into a large amount of drama I took a step back and am not gonna get as involved in the politics side. With my stepping back and quitting for about a month I am less biased and more calm. Also, I get on at very erratic time throughout the day and there is almost never staff on. If I was staff I could help the player base by warning/muting the spammers, or people doing other stuff against the rules. All in all, I think I would be a good fit for staff and hope you incorporate me into your team.

Ok so fourth times the charm so accept!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. _69420_

_69420_ Guest

Ratings:
    +0
  3. Boo_Mac

Boo_Mac Member

Ratings:
    +118
    yeet

4. Captain_Wheatley

Ratings:
    +65
    Boo Mac for staff rn or I will book ban m*lyesa

5. Boo_Mac

Boo_Mac Member

Ratings:
    +118
    book ban rn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. PVP_Builder

Ratings:
    +1,271
    Hey! We have decided to reject this application. Please contact staff for more information.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. qcewest

qcewest Member

Ratings:
    +19
    upload_2020-5-10_17-28-54.jpeg

Attached Files:

8. Boo_Mac

Boo_Mac Member

Ratings:
    +118
  9. SpacePoseidon

SpacePoseidon Member

Ratings:
    +272
    bruh *high pitched* bruh

10. onagkint

onagkint Member

Ratings:
    +67
    This is poggers

11. Boo_Mac

Boo_Mac Member

Ratings:
    +118
    ik right

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Diamonddigger38

Diamonddigger38 New Member

Ratings:
    +4
    yeet

13. Boo_Mac

Boo_Mac Member

Ratings:
    +118
    Boom. Headshot. Snipin's a good job, mate! It's challengin' work, outta doors. I guarantee you'll not go hungry'cause at the end of the day, long as there's two people left on the planet, someone is gonna want someone dead. Ooh. Dad? Dad, I'm a- Ye- Not a "crazed gunman", dad, I'm an assassin! ...Well, the difference bein' one is a job and the other's a mental sickness! I'll be honest with ya: my parents do not care for it "I think his mate saw me."Yes, yes he did! "Feelins'? Look mate, you know who has a lot of feelings?" Blokes that bludgeon their wife to death with a golf trophy. Professionals have standards be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet. Dad.... Dad p-, yeah - put Mum on the phone

• About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.