Rejected Boo_Mac's Application 2.0

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Boo_Mac, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Boo_Mac

Boo_Mac New Member

Ratings:
    +18
    1) What is your Minecraft username?

My username is Boo_Mac.

2) What is your age and timezone (GMT format preferred)?

I am 15 years old, and my timezone is EST ( GMT-5 )

3) How long have you played here on Ruinscraft?

I've been playing MCAtlas for about 4-5 months, I started in mid August (Got inactive for a little bit in between start of October to early January)

4) In what ways have you helped people on the server?

I help people in chat with commands and other easy things. While most people do that I also try to go out of my way and coach the newer people how to make towns and help them make one. I give newer players and regular players materials I do not usually need for free, other times I try to go out of my way to lower prices for newer people and people I know don't have enough money

5) In what ways would you improve the server?

1. My idea is that merging would be limited to irl continents and only nations within those borders of the specific continent would be able to merge together. This would eliminate the problems of merge abuse with say the US (Canada) being in Europe and Asia. Or have it so you can only merge within 6k blocks of the capital just like the invite radius.
    2. Add an auction command to make trade easier and so people spam selling/buying offers in the chat less.
    3. This would be a hard one (not clue if its possible either) but on the dynmap add an option to see borders of in game nations. So it would be like cities in a dark color then a lighter color for the land they could easily claim, if they had infinite claims. This would be cool to see the land spread of nations and just what nations are on the server.
    4. Bring back /dab because it was pretty epic and people seemed sad that it was taken off.
    5. Make the weather change kind of like in seasons, places at the equator don't get snow while places away get snow. (this has been recommended by others but I wanted to say it as well)

6) Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?

I do not have any other experiences being staff, I do moderate a discord for my own nation (about 28 people) I mainly defuse situations or get my fellow nation members to stop arguing.

7) Why should we choose you over anyone else?

I feel I should be chosen over others because I am very level headed, kind, and good at talking people down.Also while I haven't been a staff in any other servers or really many discord servers either I used to be a member of the council in the LoN. While now, they have chosen new councilors I think my experience helping people with their problems, and representing them could help the staff team. I have not been in any extreme drama therefore I am not biased against any parties and can provide unbiased punishment. All in all, I think I would be a good fit for a staff position and I hope you can accept me into you staff family.

#1 Boo_Mac, Mar 17, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. a_cool_pole

a_cool_pole Member

Ratings:
    +56
    boo_mac your application is great.
    You showed how great you are to the community and how open-hearted you are to everyone.
    I know you a little and I know for sure that you're very helpful and Friendly towards the ruinscraft community and I hope you'll get accepted because you deserve to work as a staff member.

I have one problem with: it is the number 6. The staff would be very interested to know how you handle the problems on discord. Also, I don't really know if you should put discord there in the first place...

#2 a_cool_pole, Mar 18, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2020 at 1:39 PM
  3. Boo_Mac

Boo_Mac New Member

Ratings:
    +18
    Thanks a lot for the kind words and I thought the experience with my discord server could kinda been seen as a little bit of "staff" experience, so I put it.

4. Doggi

Doggi Member

Ratings:
    +20
    I really like your app. The only problem that I have is that you recently had a ban, but I see you made an appeal and it got accepted, plus there were a few misunderstandings, so it’s not a very big problem.
    Good luck!

#4 Doggi, Mar 18, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
  5. a_cool_pole

a_cool_pole Member

Ratings:
    +56
    Doggi please only recommend the stuff that could be improved in the application itself. The staff will handle the bans and other stuff themselves

6. Boo_Mac

Boo_Mac New Member

Ratings:
    +18
    Ya the ban was a misunderstanding and the behavior shown won't happen again now that it was cleared up.

7. a_cool_pole

a_cool_pole Member

Ratings:
    +56
    Oh it's a pity that you have been rejected. Please don't get sad about it you can try again in 2 weeks :). Think about the positive that you will experience in the future!

• Like Like x 1
  8. PVP_Builder

Ratings:
    +138
    Hey Boo_Mac! We appreciate you wanting to be on the team but have decided to reject this application. We feel as though you could add more detail as well as improve on your in game behavior. Thank you for applying! You may reapply in 2 weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Boo_Mac

Boo_Mac New Member

Ratings:
    +18
    Ok thanks :) may I ask what do you mean by improve my in game behavior? I didn’t think I’ve done anything bad recently besides the Rome thing which has been resolved.

10. PVP_Builder

Ratings:
    +138
    I'm primarily talking about chat behavior. If you have any more questions msg me on discord :).

• About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.