Rejected Bomba1749's Helper application #3

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by boomba1749, Aug 1, 2020.

1. boomba1749

boomba1749 New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    1) What is your Minecraft username?
    bomba1749, and CrispusAttucks is my alt.
    2) What is your age and timezone?
    I am 14 and i am in the EST time zone.
    3) How long have you played on our servers?
    So far I have played on ruinscraft for over a year.
    4) In what ways have you helped people on the server?
    I have helped people on the server by giving new players advice on how to get started, and diffused arguments in chats Along with that, I have helped people with projects, built public farms to make rare items easier to get, and used the report system to help get rid of bad eggs.
    5) In what ways would you improve the server?
    If i was helper, I would improve the server by being able to diffuse arguments, mute bots that spam advertisements for other servers, and in general help with righting wrongs done to people. In terms of features, i have a unique idea for how updating to 1.16 on mcatlas should be done. This is how it would work:
    All nether chunks that correspond to the ocean, and all nether chunks that are out of bounds of the overworld should be reset. From there, the nether chunks corresponding to land on the overworld should be divided up into quadrants. Then, the quadrants that do not have an overworld town should be reset. Then, the remaining quadrants should be voted on whether or not to reset theirs by their resident towns. Additionally, the quadrants that had towns but no votes would be defaulted to being reset.

6) Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?
    I have had experience on a small server on the mobile game "The Blockheads", where i was an admin for ~6 months, as after that the server shut down.
    7) Why should we choose you over anyone else?
    You should choose me over someone else because i am able to resolve problems that other people would be biased about, I am full of ideas (just look at my dms to drew) I am very active, and most importantly, i am friends with most people on the server.

#1 boomba1749, Aug 1, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  2. Emperyia

Emperyia Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +284
    poop in my pants

3. Demadunk

Demadunk New Member

Ratings:
    +16
    We can't see your DM's to drew, plus I believe your application can use some work, #5 is moreso used for ideas on how to improve the server instead of how you'd handle things, because that could fit better in #6 and #7. The application feels like you're telling us instead of showing us why you're a good applicant for staff. I know it seems a bit hard to think abstractly like that, but giving a few reads over it to feel as if you're showing your character instead of talking about your character should be a good way of doing it.

Decent app, i've seen better and worse.

4. PVP_Builder

Ratings:
    +1,154
    Bomba1749,

Thank you for applying. We regret to inform you that we are going to reject this application. You may reapply in two weeks.

5. Ieclen

Ieclen Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +334
    HI I LOVE U BOMBA MAN and IM HERE TO REVIEW YOUR APPLE CATON!!

Format
    There are a good amount of grammatical and spelling errors within this application. I'd say run it through a spellcheck before submitting your next one!
    I think you'll need some more on how you help the server
    Talk more about the diffusing of arguments, and how you'd do that. Expand what you've wrote in two sentences into a few paragraphs. I'd also say just because you report things does not help you to become staff. As everyone is able to make a report.
    Don't repeat points you have already stated
    Most of the stuff that you have said in your 5th part is essentially the same as what you said in your 4th part. In the 5th part most people interpret it to have suggestions for commands or plugins - get creative! But some people also interpret it as how you would crack down on toxicity or take loads off current staff, etc!
    If you do go the idea route, it could be smart to create a list format
    Instead of listing them off in a singular paragraph, in order to have a more cohesive and easily readable application I recommend putting a list instead!
    Specify if this mobile game has any similarities to how you would be staff on this specific server
    You don't give enough information in order to tell if this experience will be helpful as a Ruinscraft staff member. If it is a related type of moderation, then cool! List that you silly!!>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(
    List your personality traits into 7!!
    7 can be very impactful if you take your experiences as a positive and productive player and turn them into traits that you can list as main ideas with in 7! You can then use your experiences on the server as details to them!

TL;DR
    Not the best application, however I like your personality and I wish you the best on your next application! Make sure to run it through some spell checks, and maybe get a bit more experience with forums overall.

Final word
    It's not all about the application though! I believe you should spend some time building a reputation for yourself as a good player, so people will be able to recognize you easier, and be more likely to support your endeavors!

-iecl out

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. boomba1749

boomba1749 New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Tbh i didnt really do anything as a admin for that server, and i dont really know if it counts, but it said to list all of the times ive been a staff, so i listed it anyways, and to be fair i was like 9 when i was staff on it.

7. Malyesa

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +115
    I especially agree with this TL;DR and his final word. You need to add more detail to this application, fix the spelling, etc. Your idea for 1.16 is nice, but I can't picture them realistically implementing it that way. It would be too much work, on top of the fact that only resetting some chunks would create really weird terrain. You need to work on improving your image in the sense that you need to be seen as a more helpful guy.

There's this one little thing that's always ticked me off about number 7 - how it asks you, essentially, why you're better than other people. Most people don't restate the question here and simply state why they would be good staff rather than better than others. This is just a personal thing, you don't need to listen to it, but I figured I'd write it.

• About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.