Rejected BluePixler's Staff Application 2

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by BluePixler, Aug 9, 2020.

1. BluePixler

BluePixler New Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Hello! Thanks to the people from my previous staff applicatoins for giving me tips to make this one better<3
    If you catch any grammar mistakes or spelling mistakes it would be cool if you point it out for me.

1) What is your Minecraft username?
    "BluePixler". I am not planning on changing it.

2) What is your age and timezone (GMT format preferred)?
    As of now (8/8/2020) I am 15 and live in the GMT-7 time zone. (PST)

3) How long have you played on our servers?
    I joined the server sometime around the end of June or beginning of July. Also, I have around 190 hours of play time.

4) In what ways have you helped people on the server?

I've motly helped people in MCPlots-- Usually I would help people with building, like helping people build complicated roofs, find a good block combination for their build or help with redstone. I became friends and am trusted by many people I help who know I won't grief they're plots. Some instances I help new players with commands and others I tell a player a recent update or information that has been brought out, that is, if they are curious. Recently someone on MCPlots started a server which I now help them with (their own server not ruinscraft) and I have been doing redstone tutorials for them while also helping build for them. Anyways, I also helped ban a griefer who griefed my friends plot. People who were fighting on their plots and making alot of drama had been stopped by me by resolving the issue and was persuasive to decrease or remove some players mute time. There have been many ways I helped people didn't include here because I forgot or were too miniscule to include.

5) In what ways would you improve the server?
    Moderation
    Since I'm online alot... and I mean alot I would be a good moderator or helper to keep watch for drama, griefing or toxicity. In MCAtlas I can easily spot any hackers or any griefed towns (with the proper tools), and I'm good at deciding whether I need to start banning, muting, kicking, warning, etc. I would improve the server by keeping it clean(er). Sometimes people have questions and I am good at giving answers, and with me a helper, there is someone to look up to! I go on to the discord server many times a day for a long while meaning any reports sent to me would be resolved quickly. Also on discord, toxicity, NSFW videos gifs or pictures, drama, etc. will be taken care of once I see it. (Or I guess whenever any other staff member sees it.)

Addons
    Addons meaning things to add to the server--
    The first thing I would imply is "NoAI mobs" where a mob can be spawned via minecraft spawn egg but each time they spawn they have the "NoAI" tag so they wont move or damage players. If the owner or an added player to the plot hits the mob once it will disappear. To prevent people from spawning loads of mobs and lag the plot we have a limit to how many mobs can spawn at once, something like 100 mobs per plot. Yes, I know that people use spawn eggs to spawn particles but it does easily lag people out.

My next idea for the server is a way to clear the "road leaves". Road leaves are the leaves from the //forest command and occur when using the command right next to the edge of the plot. If you do not undo it it will forever remain on the road making it a perfect way for trusted griefers to put a bunch of blocks outside of your plot and makes it look ugly. Also, because whoever puts the "forest leaves" into the road will have no trace on putting it (when I use the inspect tool) griefers can get away with putting leaves in the road and ruining peoples plot.

Lastly, We should add some kind of plugin which allows sponsors talk using color. Using color chat they can stand out when talking to their friends or have fun making some parts of their message red and other parts of it blue. Although it doesn't have to specifically need to be for sponsors, it could be for any player to use and have fun! Adding to that, /rpname should allow colors too, for color code reasons. There are probably more ways than I would origanally think players would use colors. But how about swearing using the "&" codes as bypass? If that starts to become a problem or isn't detected by the chat filter we can provide and upgrade or remove it if we can't fix large problems with the color chat.

Discord
    There is one thing I think would be great for our discord channel; Inside the "INFO" or "SERVER" tab there should be an "faq" section where staff answer questions alot of players have. Related to that, if that isn't good enough, we can have a "questions" and "answers" section. It's like "faq" but instead of multiple people needing the same question, it could be as simple as one user having a question. Whenever a player asks a question in "questions" staff can take a snippet of their question and post it in the "answers" section. only staff members can post in "answers" but not members

6) Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?
    Yes. Usually in Discord servers such as roblox servers. They were medium sized or large sized servers (500-2000 users), some servers were closed down, one of them got hacked, so some of the servers don't exist anymore:(. I've learned alot from moderating. I've been promoted by admins and owners many times before and I love to talk to other moderators. I would say as a staff member I learned alot to be a great member for this server!

7) Why should we choose you over anyone else?
    The first reason I think I'm worth being chosen over someone else is because how long I play on the server. somewhere around 25% of my month has been spent only playing on this server. I would say that is impressive considering other time's people spent on the server. I'm hardly hated by anyone, let alone disliked by anyone in the server.

I am very good at spotting toxicity, drama, and rulebreakers. I have banned or kicked many people as being a member by contacting staff in other servers, meaning im persuasive, which would come to good use when breaking up a fight instead of instantly muting. I know exactly what you need to be as a staff to this server. It takes patience and being persistant to whatever events happen. If one needs to be a good staff member they must be "cool" meaning they don't easily get angry or say anything against another user or another staff member. Staff members must act like family or close friends to anyone they meet in the server and can't let anyone get into theirselves. I own these skills from going through middleschool and highschool, and learned some of these skills along the way through classes. I am a very good listener, reader and typer, making it easier to comunicate with any members being troubled.

Conclusion
    This part it just me saying my final words about the application for you guys! I just want to have a last word.
    First off: This took me around 5-6 hours to peice together, revise, reread, etc. so I may have missed some grammatical, punctuational, capitalization, or spelling errors. Again, it's totally cool to point out everything that's wrong with my application.

I'm not going to do suggestions in this application to avoid taking ideas from anyone else. I've been looking into alot of accepted and rejected applications so I know what I need to do and what I need to not do. If you think anything looks like I copied anyone let me know, and I'll change it to be unique. Anyways, thank you for reading my application! Much love :D

2. ca_l

ca_l New Member

Ratings:
    +8
  3. PVP_Builder

Ratings:
    +1,257
    BluePixler,

Thank you for applying. We regret to inform you that we are going to reject this application. We believe that you need to play on the server for a bit longer. You may reapply in two weeks.

4. BluePixler

BluePixler New Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Ok. I have one question... How much longer?

5. northikoto

Ratings:
    +1,124
    We suggest 6 months of play time before applying for staff.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  6. BluePixler

BluePixler New Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Oh alright thanks:DD

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Ieclen

Ieclen Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +625
    Format
    I think you should go through with grammarly or something or other, yeah.
    Just a recommendation, but maybe wait a few months
    I'd say it would be a good idea to wait a bit, y'know?
    Find the theme of your writing style
    Are you more professional? Or casual? A professional application will have a fully straight to the point thing, while casual will be telling about yourself.

final words
    You are a good candidate! Continue to do that! but wait a bit pls aa

8. BluePixler

BluePixler New Member

Ratings:
    +9
    yeah I only played for 2 months. Thank you <3

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. northikoto

Ratings:
    +1,124
    End of June / early July would make it one month. Best time to reapply would be December :-)

• Agree Agree x 2
  • About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.