Rejected BluePixler's Helper Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by BluePixler, Jul 24, 2020.

1. BluePixler

BluePixler New Member

Ratings:
    +9
    1) What is your Minecraft username?
    My minecraft username is BluePixler and I am not planning on changing it.

2) What is your age and timezone (GMT format preferred)?

As of now (7/24/2020) I am 15 and live in the GMT-7 time zone (PST)

3) How long have you played on our servers?

around 2-4 months

4) In what ways have you helped people on the server?

In MCPlots I helped countless people do redstone, do building, and suggest certain blocks people can use for their builds when they asked. I made many friends who trust me on their plot and they are as happy to see me as I am them. I helped someone build a build for a date *sadly he got friend zoned:[* but nonetheless he enjoyed my company. I don't start drama but instead try and stop drama by being subtle and once I stopped a fight between a helper (or moderator I didn't check) about how one was cheating and one was being toxic about it.

5) In what ways would you improve the server?

I could inprove the server by helping resolve conflicts, and I keep a good eye on chat for any reports of people breaking the rules and know by heart all the rules that shouldn't be broken. I stay up late in the server alot of the times and I could use that to my advantage to spy on how some people communicate (I won't warn someone just because they have a different way of talking to someone I don't know about). I have been a moderator and helper in other servers before (and discord) and never have I left aside or dumped a report before, If the report isn't good or doesn't have a meaning I wouldn't tell anyone they were on I would ask for more. I can suggest suggestions that really would help the server at least a slighty better place to stay.

6) Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?

Yes. Usually in Discord minecraft servers and sometimes in an actual Minecraft server like "GappleMC"

7) Why should we choose you over anyone else?

I haven't ever gossped about anyone, told someones plot was terrible, or be mean in any way, I come across as a nice guy who doesn't grief to players who have seen me build. These people also are happy for my appearence and so am I. Someone (GamerPro96) and some of his friends even recommended I become a helper for the server. I wouldn't harass or abuse any power I receive and use it for its correct purpose. I am also truthful and want you to know I have gotten a warning or two for bypass and aren't trying to get more warnings. I stay humble even after I do something like: Ban a very mean person -- I would keep things to myself. I don't curse in general and get information out and efficiently.

Suggestions:

Commands:
    /plot boot -- boots/kicks a player off the plot
    /plot tempban -- temporally bans a player off your plot
    /plot unban -- unbans a player from you plot
    /friend ~or~ /friendrequest-- sends someone a friend request
    /friendlist -- a list of accepted friend request
    /friendrequestlist -- a list of incoming + outgoing/pending requests
    /block -- it's like ignore, except the server tells you they are saying something once in a while
    /afk -- lets everyone on your plot know you're afk by sending a message once
    /forums -- takes you to the Ruinscraft forums page
    /wait -- in the lobby when you're waiting for friends so while you afk you don't get sent to MC Atlas

Server:

In the lobby there should be a pvp/gladiator/duel where two players can fight until someone runs out of hearts with normal pvp items and full armor then get sent back to the top

A message that tells you when your friend is online

A new look to the roads in mcplots? it may be a huge feat so I don't want to push it

Karma/Credits/Reputation -- it could be a command or a scoreboard on how many reputaion points a player has to see how trustworthy someone is (only allow mods to use the command)​

#1 BluePixler, Jul 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Emperyia

Emperyia Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +284
    ok

• Winner Winner x 4
  3. Izer_

Izer_ Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +975
    Bruh I recommend at least 6 months total experience before applying. I also recommend chilling on the forums a while first, too. I see so many people hop on the forums because they learn they can apply for staff apple there and they get all excited, so they jump on the forums, make one or two comments, write an application, write more comments until their application gets rejected, then hang for a little longer before disappearing again.

If you want to become staff here in the future, I would recommend spending some extra time, so as to prove that you really are committed.

• Like Like x 5
  4. BluePixler

BluePixler New Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Sorry it's felt I have been here with the community for such a while I wanted to be helper didn't realize that thanks yoda.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  5. northikoto

Ratings:
    +1,109
    BluePixler,

Thank you for applying. Unfortunately, we have decided to reject this application. You may reapply in two weeks.

6. Ieclen

Ieclen Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +334
    Wow.. this is a very difficult app to mentally catalog. On one hand it's pretty well made, and the other it shows a; to be blunt.. sense of naivete. It shows a lot of potential, I'm very excited to what you make in the future!

I can review it if you want, but not today.. I'm too tired after other posts I made today.. gn people.

Good luck on your next application, and as you know;

iecl out

(edit) HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Malyesa

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +115
    Not sure if you want feedback, but here's some anyways.

As was said above by Izer_, it's best to have at least 6 months of playtime on the server before applying.

Nothing stands out as wrong in your answer to number four, but you should also get experience playing on MCAtlas, and write more in general (look at other accepted applications).

When it comes to number five, this is meant to be your ideas for updates, not for how you personally would improve the server through moderation (number seven is there for that). You do put in suggestions later in the application, but they're all ideas that either are already in the server in some form, or are not very creative and unique. Think about what you'd most like to see on the server, and suggest ways to implement it. This needs to stand out.

Since you do have experience on other servers, you should talk a little more about what you did on them.

In number seven, you need to check your spelling and grammar. Again, look at what others wrote who got accepted for inspiration. Make it unique to you, though. As Ieclen said above, this comes off as naive, whereas the staff team will look for more mature members who can handle stressful or complicated situations.

Good luck on future applications!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. BluePixler

BluePixler New Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Thank you! This is my first time ever doing something like this so I spent alot of time looking at accepted applicants to understand what I should do. I will use what you said in my future application!

9. Ieclen

Ieclen Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +334
    wAit so you want me to review it? bEcoz I'm takin that agree as a yes ! OK!!!! TIME TO R - R - R - REVIEW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Format
    Though this is fine, it is harder to read with a completely centeralign format. I'd recommend something like this:

Title*
    Answer to thingy mibob

Or something like this:

Title*

Answer thingy electric boogaloo

* This is an example
    You should also probably run this application through a grammar and spell check, there are a few faults around, but it's not really anything to get in a fuss about.

As stated by many other people, you need to be here for at least 6 months >:(>:(

You silly! This is okay, but you need to make your next application once you have at least 6 months of experience playing!!

Being a mono-server player is fine, but maybe try MCATLAS!
    There have been people who are very heavy on one side of the Ruinscraft coin that have been accepted, however it would be a smart move to set yourself up as an active and kind player in both servers!

A disagree to Malyesa in this, but..
    Don't write more, without much reason. If you believe it's detailed enough, then so be it! However, you should definitely try to specify a few things, and maybe add a few more points.. but don't just write! >:(

*Confused Ieclen noises*
    What I am confused about is that you may have switched some stuff around! 5 is usually interpreted as making ideas to improve the server, or how you as a staff member would take a load off of current staff, crack down on toxicity, etc! This area should probably be in 7, and personally I think 7 should be the strongest part of your application.

A bit of an experimental viewpoint
    You could try to make 7 more about your personality traits that could make you a good member of the staff team. You could also make the end a bit poetic, or something impactful, I don't know. I just like cool 7th paragraphs. :oops:

Be more detailed about each idea, and put them in 5, not 7!
    How long does /p tempban deny them for? You can already unban people with /p remove! Why can't the development team just edit /ignore instead of making a new command that does essentially the same thing? Why is it necessary to have /forums when the Ruinscraft chat thingie puts a forums link a lot of the time? Wait.. you should probably be doing a bug report if afking in hub makes you go to MCATLAS, because I've been on the hub afk all the time, or maybe you just sat in the portal :P

Try to figure out if your ideas are complete original

I'm pretty sure a good amount of your ideas have been stated before, so you should try to figure out if your ideas are really original. If they have been stated before, they don't help your chances of acceptance.

I like the roads! :(
    pls I need my roads :oops:

You need to go really in depth with the Karma idea
    It sounds like a cool idea, but you have barely explained it! Go in depth!

TL;DR
    You have a lot of natural potential. However, that doesn't you mean you are set! Get more experience with forums, and then reapply. Also- it's not all about the application! Try to develop your reputation in all communities under Ruinscraft, and DON'T TOUCH MY ROADS

-iecl out

#9 Ieclen, Jul 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. BluePixler

BluePixler New Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Sorry i'm not trying to bump my post I just disagree with one thing you said: "Be careful on not to plagiarize ideas" I just want to be clear I was thinking on ideas of which don't exist and might have a use in the server. I enjoyed reading thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ieclen

Ieclen Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +334
    But the friends idea and afk idea have been used for generations in applications at least

12. Ieclen

Ieclen Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +334
    I'm pretty sure I just worded it wrong, fixed it now

13. Malyesa

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +115
    Glad to hear it helps!

Understandable that you disagreed, I meant overall more examples/ideas are needed, but yes as Ielcen said don't write if you're not saying anything useful to the application.

Ieclen is right here - things like friends have been used for a while and I'm pretty sure they're partially implemented (on MCAtlas there are friends, anyways). A lot of the plot commands you suggested also have alternatives in-game.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  • About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.