Rejected BigBallerBelle's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by BigBallerBelle, Jul 6, 2020.

1. BigBallerBelle

BigBallerBelle New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    1) What is your Minecraft Username?
    My username is BigBallerBelle, but I intend on changing it in a few weeks.

2) What is your age and timezone? (GMT format preferred)?
    I'm 14. My timezone is GMT-5, I believe.

3) How long have you played here on Ruinscraft?
    Not long, only about a month I think. HOWEVER, I've played 3-12 hours everyday since then.

4) In what ways have you helped people on the server?
    I've only spent time in Creative Plots, so far. If someone is new(er than me), and has trouble finding a plot, or doesn't know how to use a certain command, I'll help them figure it out. If someone needs help building something, I usually will go and help them build. If someone is being harassed in the server, I try to report it for them or get a helper to notice this. Anytime someone has a question, I almost 100% of the time, tell them the answer.

5) In what ways would you improve the server?
    - In the time I've been on Ruinscraft, I've noticed roleplays getting more and more popular after they died out. Something that could help improve roleplays would be controlling everyone's weather or time on your own plot. All players have the ability to /ptime or /pweather themselves, but it's a struggle if someone wants to change the setting for everyone. I was told VIP may have this, but I think it's something everyone should get.
    - There's a glitch with the water in creative servers that refrains players from using water in their builds. When placing down water with a water bucket, the water stays in one place. It doesn't flow. So, making rivers and pools or waterfalls is a longer and more difficult task for builders. That should for sure be fixed.
    - Giving us animation commands. I know there was once a /dab command, and a few others, that are no longer in the game. I think that should be brought back, as well as commands like, /sit, /lay, /slap, or /wave.
    - The command /marry [player] should be added. As silly as it sounds, in old games such as Bullyscraft or Ubercraft, /marry was fun for players to use and joke around with.

6) Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?
    About 4 or 5 years ago, I was a mod on the minecraft server "Bullyscraft Creative Plots". However, this server was taken down years ago. My username then, was greenballoon13. I'm not sure if there's any evidence of me being staff on there, since the server no longer exists, but my job on there as a mod was very similar to being a Helper on Ruinscraft.
    I have also been admin in a discord server for the game Valorant. In that server, it's again, pretty similar to what helpers do on Ruinscraft. I warn people, or kick people for breaking rules in moderation.

7) Why should we choose you over anyone else?
    The main reason I applied is because I know it feels to need help from a Helper or Admin and not receive it in a server. A few days ago, I was being harassed non-stop by a group of people for 2 hours. Helpers could not help immediately, or do much afterwards besides warn them due to lack of evidence. I'm very active on Ruinscraft, being on 3-12 hours a day, anywhere from 10 am to 4 am, so things like that could be prevented. Since I'm online so often, it would be easier to catch people violating rules and warning/muting/banning them.
    I'm also typically friendly and talkative in servers, so it's easier for me to help newer players and get them started.

2. Ieclen

Ieclen Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +326
    1. First thing; You have to be on the server for at least 6 months to be eligible for this.

2. To have higher chances of being accepted, you should have experience with both branches of Ruinscraft.

3. I'd say is that 5 needs more about how you would crack down on toxicity, or take a load off current mods, etc.

4. For 7 I'd say you need, to quote my good friend WizardBard; " You’re 14, so you probably haven’t applied for many jobs yet, let alone college apps and things like that. One of the keys to application writing is the ability to shift your personal experiences and actions into traits you would define yourself as having."

This is really all the advice I can give you, try to get the big guns to review your app as well ^ ^

-iecl the duck lord

3. ILagWithShaders

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +1,696
    ya need 6 months mate, hours don't matter
    not a glitch. //set water:[1-6]
    requested a lot, try to find something more original
    also there are some grammar issues in here which make it hard to read imo
    play on atlas, Ive never heard of you since today
    also 7 is just like "I was harassed I can mute them if Im staff and I can stop all harassment". Be more descriptive, what makes you better than other people? Your personality? Your friendliness? Go into detail about this
    if I wasn't so lazy I would actually help but no Im lazy
    Im not even supposed to be writing this lol (read my precious threads)
    ok back to dying
    upa... neh...

4. Ieclen

Ieclen Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +326
    Well that doesn't really make sense, the reason it's VIP only is that so players have more intent to support the server and keep it running. Not a well thought idea in my opinion. I'd definitely recommend spending these next few months until its 6 months of your player time being on MCAtlas, being active on forums.. etc.

5. Izer_

Izer_ Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +973
    Something nobody has touched on is that you’re changing usernames soon. Especially without specifying what you will change it to, this is not a decision that will benefit your chances of becoming a staff member. Anybody who recognizes you will no longer recognize you. A rather bad sign. I would recommend waiting a long while into your staff career before making your first username change, so that you are more well known when it happens and news of your name change is spread to more members so they can recognize you.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ieclen

Ieclen Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +326
    Adding onto that, it could help to add your namemc in the next app! So that they know its the same banana person !!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. northikoto

Ratings:
    +1,104
    BigBallerBelle,

Thank you for applying. Unfortunately, we have decided to reject your application. Feel free to reapply in two weeks!

• Agree Agree x 1
  • About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.