Forums Bans/Punishment tab

Discussion in 'Ideas and Feedback' started by JamessV, Jun 11, 2020.

Tags:
?

What's better, punishment tab on forums or /pinfo?

1. /pinfo

2. punishment tab

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. JamessV

JamessV Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +80
    Some of you on here might not remember, since I'm not sure when exactly they switched from the punishment tab to /pinfo, but for any of the newer players here, the forums used to have a database of all of the punishments that had been served out in chronological order. You could search for different players on it to see what punishments a specific person had gotten for a given crime. This has since been replaced with the in-game command '/pinfo (username)', which is somewhat lackluster. First off, if you're looking up anyone with a controversial history, their pinfo is going to look like the 2017 Solar Eclipse with how much of your bright screen it covers up in darkness. Staff tried combating this by making anything over a certain number just display "Too many to show. Consider following the rules." Considerate, but at the end of the day, useless, because people like me are still complaining about the fact that they didn't bring eclipse goggles.. On top of that, pinfo doesn't show who a person was punished by. If for some reason a staff member had something of a vendetta against a specific player and decided to punish them for the smallest of things, it would be very hard to prove with the system currently in place. With that said, it also makes it hard to tell if staff are doing there job or just playing the game when they're online.
    That's why I recommend we go old-school. The punishments tab should be brought back. I don't like a lot of what goes on in chat, but I don't like it getting covered up any more. As events have shown, some recent, and some found deeper in Ruinscraft History, even staff need to be moderated. What better way than to eliminate a faulty system while you're at it?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Captain_Wheatley

Captain_Wheatley New Member

Ratings:
    +38
    whenever staff replace something, it's usually worse

examples
    - /tps instead of /gc
    - the new hub is disgusting, bring back beach town
    - /pinfo
    - /vanish instead of /gm sp (I wanna be able to see if staff is online, you guys don't just get to lurk and ban me for chat flood at 3 in the morning)
    - ILagWithShaders instead of white tiger

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. JamessV

JamessV Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +80
    #TigerForOwner

4. ILagWithShaders

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +1,264
    buly i cri in slep tonite
    I played on a server where they had an index like this, and it was ok. Didn't really matter though, it was just fun to see who got banned for the most random reasons

5. whitetiger131

Wiki Editor

Ratings:
    +468
    Ah yes, I do concur

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Captain_Wheatley

Captain_Wheatley New Member

Ratings:
    +38
    Get this man owner, RIGHT NOW.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. _69420_

_69420_ Member

Ratings:
    +207
    ahhaahahahahhahahahahahahahaahhagagagahaahhahahahahahahaahahhahahaajajajajajajajjajajajajajaajjajajajajajajajajahahahaahahhahahaheheehehehehehejwjejehejwjejejwjejejejejejejejejlanalmao

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. onagkint

onagkint Member

Ratings:
    +48
    the new /seen is also not so good

9. JamessV

JamessV Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +80
    what would be a good replacement for that? I think it's fine...

10. onagkint

onagkint Member

Ratings:
    +48
    the old one was better

11. whitetiger131

Wiki Editor

Ratings:
    +468
    He understands yessiree

• About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.