Under Review Airsoftlyfe’s Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Airsoftlyfe, Sep 7, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Airsoftlyfe

Airsoftlyfe New Member

Ratings:
    +17
    1) What is your Minecraft username?

Airsoftlyfe

2) What is your age and timezone (GMT format preferred)?

EST GMT- 4 I think? Age 15

3) How long have you played here on Ruinscraft?

About 11 months.

4) In what ways have you helped people on the server?

I am always open to helping new players, and I will help any way I can. I have helped players get started, build stuff, and I have done anything asked of me. In MCAtlas I help people with builds, answer questions, and just generally do what is needed of me. In creative, I love rating peoples' builds, and while I am not a good builder, I try to be an inspiration to others. I love just watching the chat and answering questions. And I cannot wait to continue doing that!

5) In what ways would you improve the server?

While this may sound snarky or snobby, I would make sure more staff were on. New players and experienced players alike are always asking questions and rarely do those questions get answered. I find it absurd that players leave the server because they cannot get the help they need. I think action should be taken to solve this immediately. If I become staff, I will also be able to improve this. I always try to help players now, but sometimes they do not listen because they think I am inexperienced. As a staff member, I will make sure to spend an even amount of time on each server a day. I also think we should improve community attitude, sometimes when I go on, people are always mad and never answer questions. I hope that whoever reads this application sees this and takes action.

6) Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?

My previous experiences vary. I was an owner of a 50-player MCPE server called VINEPVP, I have been staff on 3 servers. My staff experience is very helpful, while be it different. I played at least 20 hours a week, managing staff teams, upkeeping my server, and doing general server maintenance. I know how to work with plugins, build spawns, code commands, and work well with Minecraft overall.

7) Why should we choose you over anyone else?

The reason I should be chosen over other applicants is that I put in the work. I always give 110%. I enjoy working. I like to say work is my play. I love work. I love challenges, I always enjoy reading staff applications, ban appeals, suggestions, and anything else. If I am selected for staff, I will do whatever is asked of me, and I will do it well. I want people to talk about how helpful I am, and always look forward to seeing me. I want people to be happy so that I can know I brightened someone’s day or helped someone when they were struggling. I cannot wait to see what the outcome of this application is, whether it be good, bad, or I don’t even get a response. That's the real question, why SHOULD you choose me over any other applicant? I believe that you should pick me over any other applicant because, while I may not be the most competent player you could pick for your staff, I would be able to grow with the server and when you have staff members that grow as a server does, when the players think of how great a server is or even just hear about the server, they think about the staff that also play on the server. Players don't want a staff member who is all-knowing and looks down upon the player-base, they want a staff member who can tell them what they need to know, and when the staff doesn't know the answer they can learn themselves and continue to help the players. I believe that I am the most capable of doing that out of any other players who might apply for this position. To be a staff member is to always be available, to put grudges, hardships, hatred aside. To be a staff members means putting whatever you are doing down just to help that new player make a base, or create a shop. I think that more and more people now don’t want to help. I want to help that experienced player with a complex redstone build. I want to solve that donation problem. I want to reward the good and scold the bad. I want to help that Sr. Mod with his next big project. I love helping people. I am in the food industry, working at a multi-million dollar sandwich shop, family-run and owned. I make a great living. I don’t have to help others, I could just be a mood killer, but instead, I choose to be happy, but my emotions aside, and put someone else’s problems in front of me. At the end of the day, I don’t want to not help anyone, I want to continue my journey, and start creating other people’s adventures.

Strengths:

Kindness: I am a very kind person. All-day I work with and around other people who are kind too. I love making someone’s day, and I am always looking for the opportunity to pass it on.

Teamwork: I love working with others. I am a strong leader, but I also excel at following directions. I read in between the lines, and I am always open to new ideas.

Helpful: I LOVE helping others. I always find joy in hardships and will go out of my way, no matter how far, just to help someone out. I have bought ranks for fellow players, and done whatever someone needed me to do.

Integrity: Integrity is a big driving factor in my application. I always try to be as open and honest as possible.

Honesty: I am a very honest person, and I am not afraid to confront others. I am willing to do what is needed of me and be as honest as possible while doing it. specialize in the following…

Player Management:

This is most likely my most valuable skill (at least as a Minecraft server staff member to be) as every server has out of control players and they need to be taken care of, which I can do even as a player. I can analyze the situations and find out everything I need to know before making a decision that could keep potential donators and or members from having to be removed from the server, even for a short amount of time.

Command usage:

While I don't know every command of every plugin that this server may have I know enough of the base commands that I would be more than competent in my role on the server, and I'm a fast studier so I would be able to continue learning the ropes on the job.

Anything you need!:

While I may not be able to code or design a website, I'm able to do anything you ask me to do (within boundaries) such as cleaning up the server, getting it known throughout the Minecraft community (advertising) or just helping players learn the ropes and be friendly in general so players can have the best possible experience.

When I am active most:

Sunday- 8 hours

Monday- 1 hour

Tuesday- 1 hour

Wednesday- 1 hour

Thursday - 1 hour

Friday- 5 hours

Saturday- 8 hours

(times may vary)

Final Comments:

I want to personally thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to read my application, I greatly appreciate any and all criticism, or comments about my application. I always strive to better myself and cannot wait to see what is to come! Thank you and have fun!

#1 Airsoftlyfe, Sep 7, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2019 at 9:14 PM
    • Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. PVP_Builder

PVP_Builder Member

Ratings:
    +102
    Hey nice application. I would recommend formatting this application differently and fixing a few of the small grammar mistakes. While it is great that you're helpful and kind I think that you should add some more reasons as to why you're qualified for the role. Overall this application is good. Good luck!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Airsoftlyfe

Airsoftlyfe New Member

Ratings:
    +17
    Thank you so much for the feedback! I am not that good with formatting. Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  4. PVP_Builder

PVP_Builder Member

Ratings:
    +102
    Thanks! You too!

5. sabner62

sabner62 New Member

Ratings:
    +8
    This is a very good application. I would recommend that you removed all of the early stuff to question 7 and instead just used the final paragraph. I am saying this because I feel a staff member reading this will get up to there, and see that it's not really what they are looking for, and just skim through it, even though there is some great stuff in your last paragraph. Goodluck!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. sabner62

sabner62 New Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Also, you might want to add more detail to the earlier questions so that staff don't have an easy excuse to deny you.

• Like Like x 1
  7. sabner62

sabner62 New Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Finally, you forgot to put your age for question 2, I would highly suggest putting that as from what I understand it plays a large role in your acceptance! Goodluck mate!

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Airsoftlyfe

Airsoftlyfe New Member

Ratings:
    +17
    Thank you! I love the feedback!

9. Collardian

Collardian Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +298
    how often is "sometimes", because to a certain extent i dont believe this. just because someone is not a staff member doesn't mean they are inexperienced with the server. if someone was inexperienced, they wouldn't reply to the question. so why would they not listen?

also i would not recommend the "military dog" analogy because military dogs dont rip people apart for fun,
    they definitely dont see it as playing, they see it as protecting their pack.

"i want everyone to talk about me when i leave" also doesn't seem like a good thing to put in your staff application. this makes it seem like you are just out for popularity and attention

#9 Collardian, Sep 8, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Airsoftlyfe

Airsoftlyfe New Member

Ratings:
    +17
    Thanks for the input! Its proven that dogs are always “playing” so I wont change that, and the “I want everyone to talk about me when I leave is meant as “I want people to talk about how helpful I am, and always look forward to seeing me” Thanks!

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Collardian

Ratings:
    +298
    where is this proven?

also, what about the first issue i brought up?

thank you for clarifying the last statement i had though.

12. Airsoftlyfe

Airsoftlyfe New Member

Ratings:
    +17
    "
    He is given positive reinforcement, affection, praise, sometimes a yummy treat and a good game to play when he works well.

He normally gets to be involved in a large number of fun activities like; agility, retrieve games, detection work (sniffing), bite-work and all kinds of other behaviors the dog enjoys." https://thedogtrainingsecret.com/blog/working-dog-theory/

Sometimes can be once a day or 9/10 times. it depends on the situation.

13. Collardian

Ratings:
    +298
    this is a blog, not concrete evidence that dogs are always playing, and nowhere does it say that dogs are always playing. the evidence for this is very vague to me. to me it only implies that he is rewarded with a game or a treat whenever he does his work well.

thank you for clarifying my first issue.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Airsoftlyfe

Airsoftlyfe New Member

Ratings:
    +17
    Sorry, I am busy right now. I know that info from somewhere, sorry, I will work on it. Thanks so much for the input.

• Like Like x 1
  15. __north

Moderator Wiki Editor

Ratings:
    +980
    Bumping so that this doesn't get lost.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. PVP_Builder

PVP_Builder Member

Ratings:
    +102
    Congratulations on getting under review! I think that you would make a great staff member!

17. Airsoftlyfe

Airsoftlyfe New Member

Ratings:
    +17
    Thank
    you.

18. Ultra12

Ultra12 New Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Best of luck again!!

19. Airsoftlyfe

Airsoftlyfe New Member

Ratings:
    +17
    Thanks!

20. Airsoftlyfe

Airsoftlyfe New Member

Ratings:
    +17
    You too!

• About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.