Accepted aaquamarine's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by aaquamarine, Jan 4, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aaquamarine

Helper

Ratings:
    +148
    1) What is your Minecraft username?

My username is currently aaquamarine, though I like to change its spelling, so just in case, here’s my NameMC: https://namemc.com/profile/aaquamarine.3 It’s funny as hell to see how long it takes people to notice.

2) What is your age and timezone (GMT format preferred)?

Currently, I am 14 years old, and my time zone is (GMT-5)

3) How long have you played on our servers?

I joined Ruinscraft on June 16, 2020, and have been playing for over 6 months now.

4) In what ways have you helped people on the server?

The reason I play on this server is because I enjoy the community. I like interacting with people and listening in on VCs. Ruinscraft is filled with a very “special” group of people, and listening in on the insanity that unfolds is an experience that I would love to share with others. Much of the time I spend playing on the server involves helping people, whether I am working on community events and projects, or managing and interacting with my town residents.

Over the past 6 months, I have worked on many community projects on MCAtlas. As a part of Ink’s staff team I am constantly helping out. Most recently I worked on Ink’s Christmas Gift event, where we attempted to give everyone on the server a unique present for the holidays. I personally performed with a team to gather and assign individual presents to each player. The event itself took 2 months of planning and 3 days of straight work leading up to Christmas Eve. Overall the event was a huge success, and I think people really appreciated it.

Along with that, I manage the desert town of Arar, where a large part of my job focuses on recruiting residents, and helping them integrate themselves into the town. My overall goal is to make them feel as comfortable as possible. As such, in between working on building projects

5) In what ways would you improve the server?

Managing a town is a core part of MCatlas gameplay. I feel like these ideas could really help improve the quality of life for new and growing towns.

Voting Rewards - Animal Spawn Eggs

Making animals easier to get would be a serious help for players. If we could add cow, sheep, villager, and pig spawn eggs to the Voting rewards pool, it would save new town owners a lot of wasted time.

Relative Spawn Egg Rarity in Voting Pool:
    Common - 2x Pig Spawn Egg
    Uncommon - 2x Sheep Spawn Egg
    Rare - 2x Cow Spawn Egg

Rare - 2x Villager Spawn Egg

Alternate Town Spawns
    I also feel that having the ability to set 2 town spawns would be super useful, especially for big towns such as Kosovo where half my time was spent running around instead of doing anything useful.

Basic Command Usage:

/t spawn [town name] [1]

/t spawn [town name] [2]

Alternatively, you could also name the individual warps:

Advanced Command Usage:

/t spawn [town name] [Main_Area]

/t spawn [town name] [Wheat_Farm]

6) Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?

For most of my history playing Minecraft, I have run the game exclusively on console. I got Java Edition 6 months ago, due to this, I don’t have much experience as a Staff Member. But I am very excited to learn, and I cannot wait to participate as a member of the Staff Team.

7) Why should we choose you over anyone else?

One of my greatest assets is my activity. In my time on the server I have met and spoken with a large portion of the playerbase, on discord or in game. I have built relations with others, and I think that that would serve me well as a helper, along with my previous experiences helping out in community events and maintaining housing and food, I also try to create interactive structures, so residents always have something to do when they’re online.

#1 aaquamarine, Jan 4, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 10
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. elaine0204

elaine0204 Member

Ratings:
    +22
    Good luck aqua!

• Like Like x 3
  3. hallucinationman

hallucinationman Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +443
    Gamer

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. paleles

paleles New Member

Ratings:
    +34
    Aqua for helper

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Demadunk

Demadunk Member

Ratings:
    +81
    the staff app is okay, but the multiple town spawn idea is pretty good! I hope if anything this idea gets implemented. Good luck on being staff

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bunny_Rabbits

Bunny_Rabbits Member

Ratings:
    +319
    Nope, I would not support you as staff.
    You make judgments on people without bothering to look through what they have to say.
    You messaged many people directly insulting them.
    When you make responses to posts, you often respond with a video to insult them and you don't say things that are helpful.
    You did surprise me though. I did appreciate your work on the Christmas present activity and I was surprised that you helped with that, so maybe you are changing. Only time will tell but I would like to see you do nicer posts for people and give them a chance if you want to be a good member of the community.

• Disagree Disagree x 10
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. ILagWithShaders

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +2,048
    based, opinion disregarded

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  8. aaquamarine

Helper

Ratings:
    +148
    hey uh you do know that i like trying to be funny, i don't "insult" people, people know it's a joke

#8 aaquamarine, Jan 4, 2021
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. aaquamarine

Helper

Ratings:
    +148
    trying to make people laugh isn't a bad thing and they aren't off topic even

#9 aaquamarine, Jan 4, 2021
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ieclen

Ieclen Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +669
    good luck gamer!!

11. Evox74c

Evox74c New Member

Ratings:
    +37
    Opinion rejected
    I saw your rating there bunny_rabbits and I have something to say about it

Opinion rejected

#11 Evox74c, Jan 4, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  12. aaquamarine

Helper

Ratings:
    +148
    thanks lol

• Like Like x 1
  13. Smilodone

Smilodone Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +235
    One thing is that earlier you were like doing funny things like takin screenies of me telling that idk what smt is
    but nowadays i see you are better than earlier so yea
    Good Luck!

14. OinkerCertified

OinkerCertified Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +248
    Nice staff application, but I've never directly seen you actually helping people, especially in chat. It's very important to do so when applying for staff. I'd also recommend adding some more detail to some of your questions, such as the question asking for ideas. Good luck!

15. aaquamarine

Helper

Ratings:
    +148
    that's because i talk usually using /msg, especially when i'm in a vc.

#15 aaquamarine, Jan 6, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
  16. hallucinationman

hallucinationman Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +443
    Do you not understand what trolling is? It’s not supposed to be helpful, it’s messing around lol

#16 hallucinationman, Jan 6, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2021
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. OinkerCertified

OinkerCertified Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +248
    I'd recommend talking in global when helping people more to show people that side of you! c:

18. Izer_

Izer_ Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +1,045
    The staff can see /msgs anyways so they will be able to judge coolanimegirl's behaviour.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. TheTrueMunchkin

Ratings:
    +89
    I hate to break it to you, but that is a super common thing on all servers, it's not unique to rc, and is primarily used to make sure people aren't hacking or breaking rules. Beyond that, we already know that the server logs messages and commands for solving other issues such as pvp toggling and spawn trapping. Most staff completely disregard messages that are not related to their jobs because frankly, people's msgs are not that interesting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. TheTrueMunchkin

Ratings:
    +89
    Also my bad, when I said "I hate to break it to you", that was a very cliche thing to say

• Friendly Friendly x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.