Under Review _cal____'s application.

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by _cal____, Oct 6, 2019.

1. _cal____

_cal____ New Member

Ratings:
    +4
    What is your Minecraft username?

1, My username is _cal____, but I used to go by RussiaSushi when I first started playing.

What is your age and timezone?

2, I'm 14, year 9, and my timezone is GMT+11 (Australian Eastern standard time).

How long have you played here on Ruinscraft?

3, I've been playing for about half a year now, a bit under, so I know the ins and outs of the server, and am fairly well known.

In what ways have you helped people on the server?

4, I run the nation of Australia on the server, so I've provided a home for people, funded towns, and as a nation, the people of Australia are peacekeepers, so we are open to sheltering people, and aiding other nations/towns. I've also done the basic player aid around the server, like donating to towns, supporting the economy, selling items, and helping new players with the commands, giving them food, offering to let them join my town, Lorraine, and if they are new to minecraft giving them the ins and outs of the game and teaching them how towny works.

In what ways would you improve the server?

5, I would make it my goal to be more active, especially during times that most of the American mods are offline, so that people abusing the server's system, for example, bypassing the censor algorithm, going on with alt accounts when you've been kicked, bullying, and just general rudeness, will get the punishment that they deserve, and will no longer be able to do anything that could hurt the server's reputation, or tarnish the experience of any new players.

Another one of the ways that I could help the server is to crack down on any bigotry being displayed in server chat. Most of the bullying that goes on in the server happens through chat, and lots of it is homophobia centered. I am bisexual and have faced some of the homophobia on the server, and I wouldn't want for anyone else to go through the things that LGBT people have had to face. It really sucks to be made fun of something you can't control, and if we can stop this bullying we can stop a good portion of the downsides of playing McAtlas.

Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?

6, I've been staff here and there on some of my friends' servers, but nothing as serious or as popular as McAtlas. I hope that that can actually benefit the server, by providing a new perspective on issues, from the player's point of view.

Why should we pick you above anyone else?

7, I think I should be chosen above other people because for multiple reasons. One of which is the fact that I'm Australian. I can be online when it's 4 AM in America, and not ruin my sleep schedule. This can stop players from abusing the server when most staff are offline.

Secondly, I'm fairly well known around the server and with the players. This can hopefully make players more comfortable with reporting people, as they'll be friendly with the staff.

Thirdly, I like to see myself as a fairly neutral player on the server. You can ask anyone that knows me from McAtlas, I don't have beef with anyone on the server. I prefer to say neutral when it comes to debates, this can help the server, as I won't have any biases when it comes to judgement calls.

This point may not seem to be incredibly important, but I hope it helps; I can be incredibly active as I am on summer break right now. There's not much to this reason, but I can play from as soon as I wake up, to as soon as I go to sleep.

Finally, and in my opinion one of the most important points; I have seen face to face the abuse that goes on when mods/admins are offline. In my experience playing this server I can say as a fact, that it has usually been one of the most enjoyable servers I've played on. However, in the times when I'm not having fun, I'm usually just staring at the chat, typing away with people that have joined just to be rude and troll. I won't name the player, but I saw them being harassed by other players, and constantly being called autistic and gay. I think that since I know what goes on, under the staffs watch, I know how to target and stop it.

Thanks for taking the time to read my, most likely, boring application.

Cheers,

Cal

#1 _cal____, Oct 6, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. PVP_Builder

PVP_Builder Member

Ratings:
    +102
    Hey! I can tell that you're a dedicated and helpful player! However, I would recommend adding more detail to 4, 5 and 7, as well as showing the questions asked (preferably in bold). Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  3. _cal____

_cal____ New Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks for the advice, I made a few changes.

• Like Like x 2
  4. PVP_Builder

PVP_Builder Member

Ratings:
    +102
    No problem, my dude! Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Alytra_Unbounded

Alytra_Unbounded New Member

Ratings:
    +23
    Wow, impressive! I love how much you wrote for number 7. Adding some technical improvements to number 5 would help for sure, though I love your answer anyways. It's also great how much experience you have on the server when it comes to running things, but maybe add some specific examples of you helping people or settling an argument. Good luck!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. PVP_Builder

PVP_Builder Member

Ratings:
    +102
    Congrats on getting under review!

7. Alytra_Unbounded

Alytra_Unbounded New Member

Ratings:
    +23
    Congratulations on getting under review! We can do this!!!

8. robmilkshake

robmilkshake New Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Under review. Congrats.

• About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.